• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Passing of Mr Lee Kuan Yew

Which world leader will NOT make it for the funeral

• Obama

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Cameron

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Putin

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Abbott

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Merkel

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Xi

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: LEE KUAN YEW is SINGAPORE say PM

KNN.......whole day CNA puts what PM Lee say this say that on its trailer..

No other soul can make any other intelligent statement besides the Prince Lee.

Can't they be a little more creative even as a controlled media.

While eating my food, I caught a glimpse of the TV screen at the food court...I saw "BBQ Seng"...speaking "words of wisdom"...shouldn't he be repenting? for his sins.

There will be endless praises & they will dig up even some shoe shiner from the past..who will say that Old Fart " how great thou are"...STAY CALM, BE SANE!

DollarsNoSense

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Alternative Location to Mourn The Passing of Lee Kuan Yew

Wonder why they chose this photo? It looks as if LKY is rubbing his fist preparing for a fight!

lky-obit-2303e_2x.jpg

GET WELL SOON :cool:

Gluttony

Alfrescian
Loyal

While eating my food, I caught a glimpse of the TV screen at the food court...I saw "BBQ Seng"...speaking "words of wisdom"...shouldn't he be repenting? for his sins.

There will be endless praises & they will dig up even some shoe shiner from the past..who will say that Old Fart " how great thou are"...STAY CALM, BE SANE!

Did you finished up your meal, I strongly believe you puke after that right. :p

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: A young Singaporean unable to accept the death of Lee Kuan Yew

When your MOE-approved history textbooks keep telling you that LKY was a poor victim when Singapore got kicked out of Malaysia, and he got rid of the evil commies, solved the racial riots and Hock Lee bus riots, turned Singapore from swampy fishing village to thriving city... naturally the weaker-minded ones would believe that nonsense. :wink:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Alternative Location to Mourn The Passing of Lee Kuan Yew

Wonder why they chose this photo? It looks as if LKY is rubbing his fist preparing for a fight!

thought it is a silly act cute photo.

they should have used the very fierce photos of LKY to warn/scare Sinkies to behave themselves.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Which world leader will not make it for the funeral?

Local media reported that President Ma Ying-jeou will visit Singapore later Tuesday presumably to pay his last respects to Lee Kuan Yew, the founding father of the city state who died early Monday. It will be Ma's first trip to Singapore since he became president seven years ago.

http://www.taiwannews.com.tw/etn/news_content.php?id=2708809

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlUF2gk56G4

it's really a perfect opportunity for the Presidents of the ROC and the PRC to have the historic meetup in Singapore, and it is a most fitting tribute to LKY. but it is regrettable that the meetup will not happen.

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Only one sticky thread for LKY's passing? Why not create a new SUB-forum?

Bumping, just to try one more time...

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

cycled along the park opposite Istana. media setting up cameras there
got to take the longer route to gym tomorrow

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

LKY is Singapore and Singapore is LKY and LHL is LKY's son. to put it simply. they own Singapore. that is why they run the country like it is their private family business. the powers and the assets of Singapore belong to them only. :mad:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Any news on how long the public holiday will be?

lots of sinkie jobless like me, everyday is PH also LOL

Sorry to hear that. I'm also unemployed but I still like holidays because people appear less tense than usual.

It seems that the PAP has played us out, again :rolleyes:

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Let's see if LKY can manage to "get up" from ashes!

He wont. His enemies will stopped him, esp JBJ and Nair will get him and tie him up.
But the sakura season in Japan is coming, when cherries blossom, right? :p

[video=youtube;xwBNJCiQHU8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwBNJCiQHU8[/video]

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Any news on how long the public holiday will be?

Sorry to hear that. I'm also unemployed but I still like holidays because people appear less tense than usual.

It seems that the PAP has played us out, again :rolleyes:

I think becos LHL saw many cursing and PH anticipation threads so he purposely don't want to fulfil the actual wish of the nations .

Last edited:

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal

A good post by someone in another forum.

athulican
Posted 24 Mar 2015

LKY did a lot. I grew up in Singapore in the late 60s and 70s and saw the transformation.

However, my respect for the man would be so much greater if all the lies and propaganda would be filtered out.

LKY was a giant among men. Let his own accomplishments speak for themselves. Do not hype it up and drive people who remember the truth against him.

Singapore was already a modern city from way back then. I remember shopping in the old Fitzpatrick building where Centerpoint stands today. I remember other shopping centers too. I remember the bustle around Fullerton Square. Sure, it's not the glass and gloss of Singapore today, but then this was the 60s and 70s. Where in the world was glass and gloss then? That was "modern" in those days.

No doubt Singapore progressed, but so did the rest of the world. I remember reading about Goh Keng Swee and Albert Winsemius and their economic plans from way back. I remember the NTUC under Devan Nair. I remember the contributions of many of the old guards.

Suddenly, they were asked to retire and all accolades were placed on the shoulders of just one man via a heavily controlled media. Ironically, a controlled media is one thing this certain young lawyer named Lee Kuan Yew spoke out against so strongly when he was the opposition.

I saw the persecution of all opposing political voices. Something else this young lawyer spoke out so strongly against, saying we can't have a true democracy without strong opposition (and a controlled media). He even spoke out strongly against the use of ISA... when he was in no position to use the ISA.

Then I saw his son being put in power. I saw policies put in place that no longer looks after the key ingredient of Singapore, the Citizens. I saw the courts being used against the Citizens.

I saw a PAP controlled media turn against any opposing voices, not just political opponents, but Citizens disgruntled with their policies.

I saw a group of untested people waving a PAP banner they did not sacrifice for but hide behind, heavily rewarding themselves while telling everyone else to fend for ourselves against polices they created.

I saw the man I once respected so much being elevated to impossible heights, having all his mistakes whitewashed, other people's sacrifices and ideas being pushed under his throne, and even his very valid and strong contributions to the nation blown way out of proportion.

I hear words like 'founding father" and "sacrificed his life for" being thrown around.

No doubt he put in effort but he was rewarded, HUGELY rewarded for this efforts. Let's not glamorize this and say he gave up his life. There are many other people who really did sacrifice and passed away paupers cause they were sued and persecuted relentlessly cause they did not agree with the views of the PAP. They spoke up against the policies that has led to the huge inequality in the country today in fact. Now, to me, they sacrificed but went unappreciated.

I fear now this current batch of PAP, who are no longer for the Citizens, will use this great man's name and God-like status they created to further their own political agendas.

I pray Singaporeans fight for the Singapore LKY wanted, not let a handful of people waving a brand name hijack the country.