• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Passing of Mr Lee Kuan Yew

Which world leader will NOT make it for the funeral

• Obama

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Cameron

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Putin

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Abbott

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Merkel

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Xi

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Alternative Location to Mourn The Passing of Lee Kuan Yew

Latest news from the ground:

The PAP grassroots people are planning to being in senior citizens to the various neighbourhood locations to mourn LKY. Buses to ferry them, freebies etc.

Those old folks are not necessarily PAP supporters, but your ordinary old folks who don't mind spending some time in exchange for free stuff.

Brace yourselves. :biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: So nice you all can mourn!

Angmo countries dun show this kind of great historical meaning with significant proportions!

Like that how to mourn in angmo countries??

Ang moh countries don't worship their politicians in this manner. For a comparable environment, refer to North Korea.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP website has changed its logo.

Before:
logo.png

After:
WJwcldi.png

Last edited:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Putin sends condolences to the wrong person

Tony Tan is Pinky's uncle or something right?
So send to the family senior in accordance
With Confucian tradition just wait for Laksaboy
To post the family tree to remind everybody

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nothing wrong. He sent official condolences as one head of state to another. His PM should be the one sending official condolences to LHL.

Personal condolences are a different matter.

His PM is not the leader. Different type of system

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

The PAP grassroots people are planning to being in senior citizens to the various neighbourhood locations to mourn LKY. Buses to ferry them, freebies etc.

Those old folks are not necessarily PAP supporters, but your ordinary old folks who don't mind spending some time in exchange for free stuff.

I have been very busy today. Many residents had contacted my grassroots buddies and myself. They all want to go pay their last respects to Ah Gong. That's how popular PAP is. And history has judged Mr. LKY as a hero, above Lim Bo Seng and Lt. Adnan.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I'm fully aware of that. But the PM in Russia is still head of government, though with more more limited powers. So, the protocol is still for the PM of Russia to officially send condolences to the PM of Singapore.

In the US, however, the head of state is also the head of government.

His PM is not the leader. Different type of system

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal

With aircon bus, chicken rice and memorabilia "goodie" bag, I am sure they can get a few hundred people to show up.

If the grief was genuine and widespread, tens of thousands would have gone to the Istana by themselves.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm fully aware of that. But the PM in Russia is still head of government, though with more more limited powers. So, the protocol is still for the PM of Russia to officially send condolences to the PM of Singapore.

In the Russia system, its quite useless to be PM. You either be President or be nobody.

Protocol is that the PM does almost noting.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Besides, all other world leaders have expressed condolence to Lee HL or just say to LKY. Why this one target Tony Tan?

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Why MP can have wake in Sri Temasek?

SO THE ISTANA wake is only for VIPS and or elites?

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hopefully things won't turn out like the YOG where they made massive preparations and Singaporeans didn't bother to show up.

4894423681_5e0a857963_d.jpg

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal

In my office today, no one cares about LKY's death and no one talks about him at all, it's just another ordinary workday as per usual. The only people harping about him are the 154th media.

I think PAP will be shocked to know that most sinkies are actually cold and uncaring towards LKY and PAP.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Why MP can have wake in Sri Temasek?

The Lees treats sinkapore like their they own it.

Old Fart is just an MP but the Lees can use Istana for their private wake.

Is SQ sending a plane for a milk run to fetch the rest of the Lees home?

Ask the American Ambassador or British High Commissioner. Both of them are saying LKY did it all.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In my office today, no one cares about LKY's death and no one talks about him at all, it's just another ordinary workday as per usual. The only people harping about him are the 154th media.

I think PAP will be shocked to know that most sinkies are actually cold and uncaring towards LKY and PAP.

If your workplace is the civil service or your boss is some hardcore pro-PAP dunce, it might have been different. :biggrin:

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

He thinks President bigger mah.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: International leaders pay tributes to LKY. But wheres Malaysia??

what is my favorite world leader Kim Jong-un tribute message to LKY ?