• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LKY Glorification Thread - Post 23 March 2015

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: This man helped turn China into an economic power

He may have helped china to recover, but he was not the first in south east asia to forge diplomatic relations with china. That honour goes to tun razak of malaysia. and currently, malaysia happens to be china's biggest trading partner in south east asia.

You're right. For all of old fart's opportunism, he was too chicken to make the first move to normalize relations with China, for fear of offending our neighbours. It took vision and courage on Tun Razak's part, especially at the height of the Cold War and when memories of commie infiltration in S.E. Asia were still fresh.

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal

They were written in favour of one man.
I doubt Singapore did China a favour during DXP time.
In reverse, China did favour to Singapore by allowing development projects in China.

DXP was a great great leader who fell out with MZD for not focusing economic policies.
When he came back to lead China, he open lots of business opportunities and Singapore was include as a partner.
It was not LKY vision to make China progress, but purely it was DXP visionary since 1950's era.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

They were written in favour of one man.
I doubt Singapore did China a favour during DXP time.
In reverse, China did favour to Singapore by allowing development projects in China.

DXP was a great great leader who fell out with MZD for not focusing economic policies.
When he came back to lead China, he open lots of business opportunities and Singapore was include as a partner.
It was not LKY vision to make China progress, but purely it was DXP visionary since 1950's era.

yes. Deng Xiaoping always advocated economic reforms. LKY didn't convince/persuade him on the open door policy. ( don't think he claimed that too ) but rather he strengthened Deng's belief that he must undertake the programs to modernize the Chinese economy asap. Singapore ( excluding Hongkong and Taiwan ) was the pioneer of foreign investments in China then.

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal

yes. Deng Xiaoping always advocated economic reforms. LKY didn't convince/persuade him on the open door policy. ( don't think he claimed that too ) but rather he strengthened Deng's belief that he must undertake the programs to modernize the Chinese economy asap. Singapore ( excluding Hongkong and Taiwan ) was the pioneer of foreign investments in China then.

What annoyed me is that many Singapore writers wrote great about LKY without learning details of the history and other leaders as well.
Their writtens tend to distort the history, and even may cause displomacy turmoil.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

“Who is this ridiculous man who wastes my time? Running Singapore is like running Marseilles. I am running a whole country!”

- Former French President Francois Mitterand on Singapore's Supreme Leader Lee Kuan Yew who tried to give him a "lecture" on how to govern France during the duo's meeting in the 1990s.

LOL..............LKY - this cheebye mouth too big becoz too big headed liao............

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah Neh FT loves LKY

NY Times

Teary Mourners in Singapore Remember Lee Kuan Yew

Vasuki Thirupathi, an engineer from India who worked in Singapore two decades ago and was back on a visit, said he sobbed uncontrollably for two minutes when he heard the news.

“He is my idol, and not a day passes without my saying it,” Mr. Thirupathi said. “Security, law and order, truth, honesty — all of this requires vision and boils down to leadership.”

Asked about the tapering of political freedoms under Mr. Lee, Mr. Thirupathi, the engineer from India who stood in the grieving line wearing an I Love Singapore T-shirt, said Mr. Lee’s priorities had been right.

“As long as you are economically well off, with housing and food, who cares about the politics?” he said. “I would much rather live in a country like this than a place where you have every freedom in the world but you are hungry.”

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Singapore is a Kingdom. It took an Ah Neh to reveal the truth

Nirmala d/o Palanniandi

12:00 AM - 24 Mar 2015
My King of Singapore! My Father of Singapore! Praying for you to rest in peace. LKY is Singapore & Singapore is LKY. Words can't describe your sacrifices to our nation. Thankyou is not enough to show my gratitude . You will always live in all our hearts as you've already touched it. I was in tears when I heard you left us but I'm sure you will lead our PM and guide him along. My heart is heavy and tough to say goodbye bcos you are our family. You are in everyone's famy too. The one & only KIng of Singapore! I bow my head and Salute you!

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal

the ghettos are due to french colonial legacy. On the football front, these muslim ghettos produces Karim benzema, zinedine Zidane, Sami nasri etc. On the other hand, LKY destroyed malay legacy by acquiring and dispersing malays and denying them of a majority constituency.

1 Zidane = 10,000 terrorists is not a good exchange. But you're a Mat and logic escapes you. You Mats have never ever had a dominant role in Singapore. Your legacy is in Indonesia. I have asked you many times and you refuse to answer a simple logical question. This shows you are living in denial. A liar.

If Mats in Malaysia do not claim to be indigenous to Malaysia then why do you Mats make such claims in Singapore? Based on what historical records do you have to make such outrageous claims?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Singapore is a Kingdom. It took an Ah Neh to reveal the truth

I never knew LKY had relatives in India. His family tree must have a few exotic branches. :biggrin:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

I never knew LKY had relatives in India. His family tree must have a few exotic branches. :biggrin:

Yes His Indian relative was living in Stinkapoor than migrated to Nuke Zeeland
b'cos he was not happy with Papaya...

LordKrishna

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

[video=youtube;e91waR1Hp-k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e91waR1Hp-k[/video]

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

Must had few line breeding to Burmese blood, knowing Burmese are also frm India origin.

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nirmala d/o Palanniandi

12:00 AM - 24 Mar 2015
My King of Singapore! My Father of Singapore! Praying for you to rest in peace. LKY is Singapore & Singapore is LKY. Words can't describe your sacrifices to our nation. Thankyou is not enough to show my gratitude . You will always live in all our hearts as you've already touched it. I was in tears when I heard you left us but I'm sure you will lead our PM and guide him along. My heart is heavy and tough to say goodbye bcos you are our family. You are in everyone's famy too. The one & only KIng of Singapore! I bow my head and Salute you!

I am worry if we have lots of people like him as citizen.
No brain, no thinker who never think of fairly.
He might only look at materials and wealth.

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal

Must had few line breeding to Brmese blood, knowing Burmese are also frm India origin.

As per history and in encyclopedia, Burmese (previously known as Burman, now called Myanmar people) are decent from Tibetan/ Chinese tribes.

...the principal axis of the old Myanmar kingdom, the Irrawaddy River has shaped the country’s history, settlement patterns, and economic development. As early as the 6th century, the ancestors of the Burmese arrived from the China-Tibet border area. Using the Irrawaddy as a means of transport, they gradually spread onto the Kyaukse plain and became the major power in the rice-growing region of...
http://global.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/85530/Burman

Origins[edit]
The Bamar are of Southeast Asian descent, and speak a Sino-Tibetan language (related to Tibetan, and more distantly to Chinese). They migrated from the present day Yunnan in China into the Irrawaddy River valley in Upper Burma about 1200–1500 years ago.[citation needed] Over the last millennium, they have largely replaced/absorbed the Mon and the earlier Pyu, ethnic groups that formerly dominated the Ayeyarwady valley.[citation needed]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bamar_people

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Maharaja Lee sounds less cringey than 'Founding PM' or 'Founding Father'. In Chinese it's literally 'Pioneer PM' (建国总理). :rolleyes:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Maharaja Lee sounds less cringey than 'Founding PM' or 'Founding Father'. In Chinese it's literally 'Pioneer PM' (建国总理). :rolleyes:

'Pioneer PM' is too demeaning. I just heard the DJs on 93.3 FM refer to him as 国父 (father of the nation).