• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LKY Glorification Thread - Post 23 March 2015

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Re: Youngster Rebukes TRS & Anti-PAP samsters!

A walk around the kopitiams, it's the women saying good things about LKY, the men diam diam listen.
Sinkiestan is kaput!

jw5

Loyal

And the women are probably diploma holders or non-professional degree holders. The men (except easily impressionable gullible grateful gongkias), women with qualifications below diploma and women with professional degrees and above, tend to be errrrrr, more discerning. :p

A walk around the kopitiams, it's the women saying good things about LKY, the men diam diam listen.
Sinkiestan is kaput!

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Response to st letter on the "virtue of gratitude"

its this must forever be grateful BS

and a good person is only as good as his or her last good deed. u can do so called good beofre, and one wrong FOOking worng can undo it worng. just becuase one did good before doesnt mean one is GOd

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Gong kindergarten teacher's version of gratitude
Is to sacrifice everything in return for a small favour
Following her advice Chong'er would be required
To offer King Cheng of Chu the whole of his kingdom
And also forgive all kinds of transgressions
Just 'cos Chong'er was given refuge in time of need

Ordering the Army to retreat three She (退避三舍)

The state of Chu, then a powerful and expansionist state in the south, was one of the states which offered asylum to Chong'er in his exile. King Cheng of Chu set banquets for Chong'er, affording him good treatment, and at a banquet asked Chong'er how he intended to return the favour. Chong'er replied that, should Jin and Chu meet on the battlefield in the future, he would order his own troops to retreat three she (舍), or 90 li (里).

When the Jin and Chu armies eventually did meet, Duke Wen realised his promise, and ordered his troops to withdraw three she; but this was as much an honouring of his promise as it was a ploy to draw the Chu commander Ziyu into pursuing him, luring the Chu army into a more favourable position for the battle. The Chu forces indeed pursued, and met with defeat on the field of Chengpu.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_Wen_of_Jin

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: LKY is deified !!!

Ho Ching makes you horny? That's quite rude of you during this mourning period.

A funeral is the best time to find targets for getting laid. Emotionally distraught people need a lot of comforting. :wink:

133560_0.jpg

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

I take it ST wont be publishing this ever...unless a new political party takes over.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Grateful gongkia... or should it be grateful gong cheebai?

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ho Ching makes you horny? That's quite rude of you during this mourning period.
1. I'm not mourning.
2. Maybe Ho Ching is mourning, but how can I know for sure? I can assume, but assuming is NOT knowing, right? :wink:
3. Ho Ching has never made me horny.
4. Maybe if LKY's corpse were shown in the picture, I would consider it to be more outstanding, but it's NOT shown. :rolleyes:
5. So, what is more outstanding (in that picture) than Ho Ching's covered bra? :confused: The flowers? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Another grateful gong cheebai... the education system has brainwashed a lot of them. :rolleyes:

P.S: The tv programming now is surreal... like in North Korea. :eek:

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
" If only the UK had a man like LKY to fix things in the past."

Kindly grant me a moment to reproduce a past entry from my diary as a personal tribute to former Singapore Prime Minister Mr Lee Kuan Yew:

23 January 2012 (1st day of the lunar new year)

Monday evening 10.15pm. The executive lounge on the 31st floor of the Conrad Centennial Hotel. That's where I was, having a cuppa and a silent moment by myself. Save for three waiting staff ( a Korean, a Singaporean Shatec Intern and an Indonesian Chinese) and an old Englishman sipping wine a couple of tables away, the area was pretty much empty for the night. Anyways I shall call this Brit Mr J.

I must have been quite lost in my thoughts for a long instant, because when I allowed reality to register itself once again, Miss Korea (as Mr J jokingly calls her) and the Indonesian chap were already standing respectfully by Mr J's side while he narrated his personal experiences and adventures. His voice echoed so ever clearly across the room and I could not resist but "eavesdrop" on his chatter.

Mr J is really something. He works for BP, and is currently involved with a $6 billion project right here in the lion city. He is also a proud grandfather to two grand-daughters. His wife visits Singapore occasionally but is never willing to settle down here permanently. Not surprisingly he travels widely for work, and cites South Korea as one of the best countries to live on this planet. The economy is highly advanced, the people are humble and polite; however the clincher was that crime rate is low. Yes, Koreans are such an honest bunch that he has witnessed the front doors of houses being left wide open during all times of the day. Something nobody would dare to do here in Singapore despite the the efficiency of our men in blue. He happily added he would be flying to Incheon for a week very soon. On Singapore Airlines.

He moved on to discussing about Singapore, and this is where I learnt about the fact his father was in charge of Changi Air Base back in 1957. Mr J was a 4 year old child living in a big colonial house with 7 servants in Serangoon at that time. Outstanding stuff.

Next came politics. He talked largely about Lee Kuan Yew, praising him for being a man who was exceptionally bright and took no nonsense from anyone. He felt while LKY wasn't truly democratic during his time in office, he had made many correct choices which ultimately transformed Singapore into what it is today.

And then he said this which I would never forget:
" If only the UK had a man like LKY to fix things in the past, we won't be in such a mess now."

It was exactly 10.51pm, 9 minutes before the lounge closed for the day.

Peace.

https://www.facebook.com/whitegroupmathematics

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think this is just a master troll.probably one of john tan's cousin or brothers.if this was america,Canada someone would have posted the can't tell if stupid or trolling .gif.what kind of sick twisted thinking is this?the only reason Singapore enjoyed 50 years of postwar political stability is because sinkies are a bunch of gong chee byes voluntary slaves.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: " If only the UK had a man like LKY to fix things in the past."

They already had a man like LKY,he's called Maggie thatcher.thankfully the Brits woke up and saw her for who she is and the politics she's peddling and crucified her like a witch.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I hope to see Chee Soon Juan and Low Thia Khiang kneel before Ah Gong's coffin and pay their respects and apologies.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: " If only the UK had a man like LKY to fix things in the past."

Maggie thatcher? You mean Magaret Thatcher?

Maggie is the slang term for Margaret.

And this is what some British folks think of her:

[video=youtube;EwnkFlVRCZc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwnkFlVRCZc[/video]

At least the UK press, left-leaning or right-leaning, had the tact to call Thatcher a 'divisive figure'. Don't expect balanced reporting from the SPH/Mediacorp presstitutes. You only have their permission to mourn and be grateful. :rolleyes: