• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

General Thread on China

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Was in Dongguan for a night on had excellent seafood in a Teochew restaurant, this is in a very rural location in Dongguan like 1.5hrs from downtown

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
After Dongguan was off to Foshan on Thursday and was at farmers hakka restaurant

Pigs stomach and sleen soup

Roast goose

Hakka tofu

Boiled kampong chicken

Pork cake

Egg plant yong tau fu

Pork balls

Kailan with tapioca

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Street in rural Wuhan going for lunch

Outdoor billard

Shops

Couple in the street

Smelly tofu

Transport on 3 wheeler

Restaurant

Late lunch at 2pm so customers gone

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hot pot goat - have to say its damn good

Pig's ear

Soup

Vege and intestine

热干麵 in hotpot

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Dinner in Wuhan

Again late dinner at 8.30pm customers all gone - rural places people usually start dinner early at 5.30pm and leave early

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Be warned in China all airports don't allow lighters to be carried into aircraft so please leave your Duponts at home.

When you arrive at your destination airport look out for a tray of free lighters that passengers of that airport had discarded.

Arrived in shanghai Hongqiao went straight to Jiangying in Jiangsu for meeting on the way saw these old men painting all the trees 1.2m high in preparation for winter. This is to prevent insects attack on the plant in winter

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Jiangying is a city under the administration of Wuxi city in Jiangsu. Its one of the richest cities in Jiangsu province due to its industrialization.

Starters cold dishes

Braised duck

Lotus root strip

Mutton

Hairy crab claws

Sticky noodle

Fresh river prawns

Braised beef - this is very soft

Free range pork wrap

Mushrooms and vege and nuts

Its like our kway pi tee

Seafood vege

Prata

Yangze fish

Hairy crab

Yangze river fish soup

Was a great dinner in Jiangying

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Went back to Shanghai for the night. And this morning at Nanjing West Road walking street

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Started with egg and seaweed soup

Pork 小笼包

Crab meat 小笼包

Pork with egg 小笼包

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Took a quick morning walk to The Bund

It's crowded

It's autumn and a little cold so it's foggy and looks hazy

Then it's a quick walk to hotel and bugger off to the airport

On the road again

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Started with egg and seaweed soup

Pork 小笼包

Crab meat 小笼包

Pork with egg 小笼包

Is this Jia Jia Tang Bao(Huanghe Road)? Looks like it but I don't remember anyone wear uniforn. I queue up for 1 hour the last time I went there. The best Xiao long bao, better than the Taiwanese chain, and cheap too but I don't think I will ever do it again.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Be warned in China all airports don't allow lighters to be carried into aircraft so please leave your Duponts at home.

When you arrive at your destination airport look out for a tray of free lighters that passengers of that airport had discarded.

Arrived in shanghai Hongqiao went straight to Jiangying in Jiangsu for meeting on the way saw these old men painting all the trees 1.2m high in preparation for winter. This is to prevent insects attack on the plant in winter

They confiscated my power bank ...because it didn't have any label on it. When you bring a power bank over, make sure that it has all the labels.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Froggy, there is a Shanghainese restaurant - home cooking - that is only open for lunch. Very popular with HK movie stars. Do you know the name and location?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Is this Jia Jia Tang Bao(Huanghe Road)? Looks like it but I don't remember anyone wear uniforn. I queue up for 1 hour the last time I went there. The best Xiao long bao, better than the Taiwanese chain, and cheap too but I don't think I will ever do it again.

Yes it is. Uniform for a long time liao.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
They confiscated my power bank ...because it didn't have any label on it. When you bring a power bank over, make sure that it has all the labels.

Mine is Xiaomi and with the label so not a problem, thanks.

Froggy, there is a Shanghainese restaurant - home cooking - that is only open for lunch. Very popular with HK movie stars. Do you know the name and location?

No idea which you talking about but there are actually quite a few I'd visited setting literally in a modern house as in like terrace house but has a few tables inside and they don't cater for really big group. One I really like is in Hongqiao area opposite a large park forgot the name of the restaurant.