• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Was SG a Fishing Village Before FAP Traitors Took Over? Here is the Proof!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Singapore was already a modern city in 1965. LKY said so.

Yes the whole area surrounding my fishing village was nothing but swampland.

and i remember growing up among m&d pools and flooded farms in potong pasir. there was not much flood relief provided, but we hung on until the pap took power and changed all that.

image.jpg

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I still remember my Grandma lives in a kampong in 1985. Somewhere further up Simpang Bedok along Upper Changi Road.

LKY was lying again.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Singapore was NOT a fishing village in 1965

Areas where the Ang Mohs lived and worked were developed but the rest of the Island where sinkies lived was nothing more than swampland dotted with fishing villages.

I should know because I lived in one of those villages.

That was because the Brits were thinking ahead to preserve as much nature for posterity you twit!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Singapore was NOT a fishing village in 1965

Oh no need to argue on this fishing village thing anymore, Singapore was a modern city in 1965. LKY himself said so. I have a thread on this that moderator can merge it here.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Boss, Telok Kurau area not that bad in the 50s and 60s lah... The Grand Hotel, St Pats, KC at Martia road, those sea side bungalows... Swampland? Mai lai lah...

Lavender area - outside city - had many shop houses in the 60s.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

I watched the nation building show on TV said PAP built 50k flats in 5 years or so and by 1976, 50 percent already staying in HDB. I think they had done well and we can credit them on that.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I watched the nation building show on TV said PAP built 50k flats in 5 years or so and by 1976, 50 percent already staying in HDB. I think they had done well and we can credit them on that.

That is history. What about the current situation of Sporeans - under his son's rule?