• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will you use money to buy a job ?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SBF bros, ask you all, let say you are out of job for 9 mths, and a job pay $3k comes to you but you need to pay $3-4k to buy that job, will you take it ?
The $3-4k is not to be paid to the company. The company has nothing to do with it. It is a special arrangement between another person and me. So do not relate the $3-4k with the job. The receipent also has nothing to do with that company.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sounds like a MLM and the 'upfront payment'. Wonderful opportunity to 'have your own business'. :rolleyes:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it is not MLM. Just a regular stable job with fix pay $3k in a big MNC. Will you forgo your savings of $4k to get it ?

No, because the condition is highly suspicious. If you want to give me the job, give it to me with no strings attached.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No, because the condition is highly suspicious. If you want to give me the job, give it to me with no strings attached.

as mentioned the penalty has nothing to do with the job. I am just stating "buy the job" to make it simple.
To put it simple, are you willing to forgo 4k to have a 3k per mth stable job if you are out of job for 9 mths ?

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I want a job that pays SGD$4 million p.a. ( plus many perks ) and unlimited access to gamble away CPF monies :biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
as mentioned the penalty has nothing to do with the job. I am just stating "buy the job" to make it simple.
To put it simple, are you willing to forgo 4k to have a 3k per mth stable job if you are out of job for 9 mths ?

It really depends on your options, what you want to do with your time, or if you're really hard up for money (e.g. extra mouths to feed :wink:).

If you want to do it then go ahead. But pay extra attention before signing that employment contract.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It really depends on your options, what you want to do with your time, or if you're really hard up for money (e.g. extra mouths to feed :wink:).

If you want to do it then go ahead. But pay extra attention before signing tif I take the 3k job, I have to givehat employment contract.

ok, the employment contract has nothing to do with the penalty at all. It is a totally unrelated affair.
Put it even simpler, if I take up the job, I have to lose 4k to a friend on a side bet.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ok, the employment contract has nothing to do with the penalty at all. It is a totally unrelated affair.
Put it even simpler, if I take up the job, I have to lose 4k to a friend on a side bet.

Then it is your fault for making a silly bet with your friend.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Only if the returns are higher. 4k paid to secure a 3k job a month for 12 months nets you 32k in return. accrue that by 12 months you end up losing 333 a month give or take but your losses stop once you decided initial capital outlay is fully paid up.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you want to do it then go ahead. But pay extra attention before signing that employment contract.

My title needs to be changed. It is not to buy.
Bit illogical but the final question should be :

Are you willing to forgo 4k to lose a bet to a friend and take up a job offer of $3k.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
so you rather continue to be jobless ? I already jobless for 9 mths.
The friend that I will lose the bet is just a gambling acquaintance not really friend also.

If you do not take the job what do u win? If u do not win anythng i say, tis is no fren of urs.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you do not take the job what do u win? If u do not win anythng i say, tis is no fren of urs.

is a gambling acquaintance not a friend.
Good question. Since you ask I will disclose. I won 2k when I jobless for 6 mths (not on purpose though, I kept sending resume but just cannot land a job), now 9 mths, till 12 mths I will win another 2k.
But now a 3k job comes to me so I am struggling whether to end the bet . The 2k I won already gone, else I will sure pay up 4k and start working.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
is a gambling acquaintance not a friend.
Good question. Since you ask I will disclose. I won 2k when I jobless for 6 mths (not on purpose though, I kept sending resume but just cannot land a job), now 9 mths, till 12 mths I will win another 2k.
But now a 3k job comes to me so I am struggling whether to end the bet . The 2k I won already gone, else I will sure pay up 4k and start working.

A bet is a bet since u took 2k, if i wss in your position i wud take the job, considered u lost the bet and only 2k.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A bet is a bet since u took 2k, if i wss in your position i wud take the job, considered u lost the bet and only 2k.

ok thanks for your comment.
Think I have to end it and fork out 4k now , this bet is silly I know, but that time I thought I can handle being jobless for 1 yr and was sick of working as well so I took up the bet. But now I find it is torturing not working and cbl.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Definitely wont.. any job that pays only 3k is not worth doing, much less buying... not being snobbish, but i assume you are a graduate and living locally.... Spend the 3-4k to upgrade yourself with a technical cert or language cert better.

If you are foreign worker, with big debts incurred to come over, and will be sending 80% of salary back home, then by all means...

SBF bros, ask you all, let say you are out of job for 9 mths, and a job pay $3k comes to you but you need to pay $3-4k to buy that job, will you take it ?
The $3-4k is not to be paid to the company. The company has nothing to do with it. It is a special arrangement between another person and me. So do not relate the $3-4k with the job. The receipent also has nothing to do with that company.