• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Video] - 15 maggots get pulled out from within a 10 yr old's gums

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;11TUQjrkYhg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=11TUQjrkYhg[/video]

A 10-year-old girl had been taken to a clinic in Brazil after complaining of a tingling sensation in her gums and things 'moving around'.

Her stunned mother Adriana, 35, said:

"She had been saying for a few days that she felt something moving around in her mouth and at first I thought she was joking.

"I couldn't see anything and she didn't seem to be in pain. "But then it started getting worse and no matter how much we brushed her teeth she said she still felt something.

"I know my daughter and she is not one to make up stories or lie, so eventually I took her to see a dentist."

There the young girl, Ana Cardoso, 10, was diagnosed with a rare form of oral myiasis, reports AsianTown via The Daily Mail.

Oral myiasis is a fly lava maggot infection that grows in humans and animals.

Shocked, Ms Cardoso said:

"I couldn't believe it when they said she had a disease and then started pulling the maggots out.

"I thought I was going to be sick."

A spokesman for the dental surgery said:

"There were 15 maggots in her mouth so we videoed the removal for our records as it is a rare occurrence.

"We also wanted to show the girl's family what had happened and warn others."

The video shows Ana's reaction as a surgeon in white gloves takes out one maggot at a time with a pair of tweezers.

Ms Cardoso said:

"She was actually very calm throughout the whole process but I suspect that was more out of helplessness."

Myiasis comes from the Latin word 'myia' meaning fly and 'iasis' means disease.

The flies' larvae can feed on the host's living or dead tissue, liquid body substance, or ingested food.

When the tissues in the oral cavity are invaded by parasites, this is known as oral myiasis.

Those at risk of the rare condition include those from poorer social backgrounds and people who have suffered wounds or other injury to the face.

It is also more common in regions with a warmer climate. Infestations of the nose and ears are dangerous because of the possibility of penetration into the brain, the fatality rate is 8 per cent in such cases.