• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thanks for your support Guys

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Must agree with you... Me at fault...

it'll be a good lesson for all (me included) if you can provide some of the important pointers and highlights of your case without revealing private info and going into details which may blow your case wide open online. pointers such as: is relative involved? is good buddy trustworthy at first? how did fraudster trick and then scam you? how long did the whole saga unfold with the least suspicion? it's a recurring theme on sbf. we have learned and benefitted much from bros and sis getting victimized and telling their stories. thanks!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it'll be a good lesson for all (me included) if you can provide some of the important pointers and highlights of your case without revealing private info and going into details which may blow your case wide open online. pointers such as: is relative involved? is good buddy trustworthy at first? how did fraudster trick and then scam you? how long did the whole saga unfold with the least suspicion? it's a recurring theme on sbf. we have learned and benefitted much from bros and sis getting victimized and telling their stories. thanks!

No relative involved... Involved a CB Kia whom I used to regard as a long time buddy... CB Kia took a renovation loan and asked my help to become his guarantor... CB Kia defaulted on his payments and kept quiet about it until I received the Letter of Demand only few weeks ago...managed to find him and he told me he running into financial problems and all the sad stories came out... Some of which were true like his dad now presently suffering from 4th stage cancer....

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No relative involved... Involved a CB Kia whom I used to regard as a long time buddy... CB Kia took a renovation loan and asked my help to become his guarantor... CB Kia defaulted on his payments and kept quiet about it until I received the Letter of Demand only few weeks ago...managed to find him and he told me he running into financial problems and all the sad stories came out... Some of which were true like his dad now presently suffering from 4th stage cancer....

Neither be lender nor guarantor to be.
Especially for car or renovation loans guarantor for these are discretionary spending. Something we can do without if one does not have the money.
Take it as lesson learnt and move on.
I am sure your credit score won't be affected if the bank is able to allow you to pay by installment.
Luckily it's only 20k, can't imagine if it's 100k. Then really big problem for you.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

loss of money is already bad. loss of friendship with a long time buddy is worse. this is hard to predict. that cb kia should have deferred his renovation if he had known his dire financial troubles and father's condition. leading you into a hole by using your trust, and deceiving you about it, are the hallmarks of a true cb kia.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

When money issues are involved, you can really see the true colours of your friends. You can usually see some red flags.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

When is dad passes on, you should sue him for mental anguish, public humiliation and for the amount back. This kind of friend is no friend lah. He puts his own interest before yours, even though you were helping him out.