• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How come so many admin jobs by FTs? Singaporeans cannot find?

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I meet more and more FTs now since their population has been surging. However when I check with them on their job profiles, I find that they r doing ordinary admin jobs..etc secretary, general admin, procurement, HR....etc. I always wondered why they cannot find suitable locals for these kind of common jobs?? Something is very wrong here!

First the MIW said sinkees don't like hard manual labour jobs in construction and marine indusries.
Now the MIW said sinkees are not qualified for white collar office jobs.
Then the MIW asked sinkees to go to e2i for retraining and upgrading but no jobs after the courses.
What can we say to the MIW ? KNNCCB !
Congratulations ! Celebrations coming !

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
PAP has educated sinkies so well that many of them find it demeaning to do admin work. Those few sinkies who want these sort of jobs are sinkies who do badly in school and barely qualify for such jobs. On the rare occasions that they do, it is still better to hire a foreigner with a uni degree than a local with a poly diploma or some shitty private uni degree.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
First the MIW said sinkees don't like hard manual labour jobs in construction and marine indusries.
Then the MIW asked sinkees to go to e2i for retraining and upgrading but no jobs after the courses.

how come no KPI for mgmt of e2i???????
how many jobless were given mistaken impression that e2i can secure them jobs n wasted time on the courses, training etc

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
....... Budapest still in Europe!!
That's a short sighted view, on western (and eastern) Europe. Budapest's growth is due to outsourcing

http://www.economist.com/node/5246203

Extract:
Outsourcing in eastern Europe
The rise of nearshoring

Ex-communist Europe is grabbing a lucrative niche in the global outsourcing business
Dec 1st 2005 | BUDAPEST, TALLINN AND WARSAW
Timekeeper
IN a nondescript Soviet-era building in a suburb of Estonia's capital, Tallinn, is one of the telecommunications world's most important research outfits. It is the development centre for Skype, a software product that allows free, or very cheap, phone calls from any internet-connected computer. Skype is a global company recently bought by eBay, an internet auction site, for $2.6 billion. Its Scandinavian founders used programmers not from pricey Silicon Valley or faraway India, but from a small east European country that has barely figured on the business landscape in software, or anything else.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yesterday I watched channel 8 has a programme promoting e2i. Lots of propaganda shows nowadays.