• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pay them millions and they are only good in changing name only?

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE — Changes to Medisave were announced by Health Minister Gan Kim Yong in his Ministry’s Committee of Supply debate today (March 11).

The Medisave Minimum Sum (currently S$43,500, which is the minimum amount needed in one’s Medisave account before he is able to withdraw other Central Provident Fund monies from age 55) will be removed from January next year.

At the same time, the Medisave Contribution Ceiling will be renamed the Basic Healthcare Sum. It will be set at S$49,800, which is 2.7 per cent higher than the current Medisave Contribution Ceiling of S$48,500 set last year. Beyond 2016, the Basic Healthcare Sum will be adjusted annually to keep pace with Medisave use by the elderly, said Mr Gan.

The Basic Healthcare Sum is designed to be enough for CPF members’ basic subsidized healthcare needs in old age. Amounts above this Sum will flow to their Special or Retirement Accounts to boost monthly payouts.

From 2016, the Basic Healthcare Sum for each cohort of Singaporeans will be fixed when they turn 65 – unlike now, where annual Medisave Minimum Sum adjustments are applied to everyone. The change aims to allow CPF members more certainty on the amount of Medisave they should keep retirement healthcare needs, said Mr Gan.

To increase flexibility for use of Medisave, four more conditions – epilepsy, ostepporosis, psoriasis and rheumatoid arthritis – will be covered under Community Health Assist Scheme and Medisave use from June this year. This brings the total number of conditions under the Chronic Disease Management Programme to 19.

Last edited:

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Frankly speaking, PAP is really full of crap! Keep twisting and turning, packaging and re-packaging but in the end, it's a case of LPPL. Confusing, disconcerting and in the end, utterly self-serving. Knn.

slohand2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah confusing is the word.

I have read the announcements many times over but still don't understand the gist of the changes.
Ok the headlines say no need to meet the MMS requirements at age 55. Then they say the ceiling will be raised.
and the maximum sum for the new scheme(Basic Health Care) will be raised annually. And from next January and will be fixed for each cohort when they turn 65, with no subsequent changes in their lifetime -

this is so confusing. I was hoping that since they scrap the MMS requirement, what I have now can be released but it don't appear so.

Does it mean at age 55, you don't need the MMS ? then why bother with the rest of the BHC? since u start age 56 at zero.

Can some of us here with a better understanding help me clear my head.

ahpong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have read the announcements many times over but still don't understand the gist of the changes.
Ok the headlines say no need to meet the MMS requirements at age 55. Then they say the ceiling will be raised.
and the maximum sum for the new scheme(Basic Health Care) will be raised annually. And from next January and will be fixed for each cohort when they turn 65, with no subsequent changes in their lifetime -

this is so confusing. I was hoping that since they scrap the MMS requirement, what I have now can be released but it don't appear so.

Does it mean at age 55, you don't need the MMS ? then why bother with the rest of the BHC? since u start age 56 at zero.

Currently the medisave minimum sum is $43,500. That means if your medisave has more (say you reach the ceiling of $48,500), you can withdraw the difference. When this is "removed", your $48,500 will be frozen there and you can't touch it.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Currently the medisave minimum sum is $43,500. That means if your medisave has more (say you reach the ceiling of $48,500), you can withdraw the difference. When this is "removed", your $48,500 will be frozen there and you can't touch it.

If i dont use my 48.5 for my medical, how?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Just fucking vote them out and remove this bullshit policy.

better yet, protest and throw them out...

JOKERCHEW

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tsk tsk, IMHO, Sounds like LPPL?

Really cuntfused!!

slohand2

Alfrescian
Loyal

don't quite follow you but it seems like those having met the current MMS will be status quo and frozen till the end of time. But if you can indulge me further, those who turn 55 and don't need the MMS, how will their BHC be built up?

thanks

ahpong

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't quite follow you but it seems like those having met the current MMS will be status quo and frozen till the end of time. But if you can indulge me further, those who turn 55 and don't need the MMS, how will their BHC be built up?

thanks

If you reach 55 and have $48,500 in medisave and $161K in retirement account, you can withdraw ($48,500-$43,500) as cash. Now, effectively the medical minimum sum is increased to the amount of medisave ceiling ($48,500) and you can't withdraw any.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bet your last dollar that even your MP will not be able to explain clearly, even if in dialect.
The so-called change is made because according to the clown of a minister son of a Gan,
nearly 50% of active CPF members do not have sufficient amount to cover the basics anyway.
So they act big and generous by "scrapping" it.