• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

WP incompetence has no bounds, shelved 2 upgrading projects cos cost overrun

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
AHPETC projects pulled because of bust budgets - 'unfair' to blame CCCs, says MND - Channel NewsAsia

Some projects to upgrade neighbourhood facilities in the Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol East Town Council (AHPETC) had to be cut as costs exceeded the approved budget.

"The Ministry of National Development has been fair to AHPETC and has treated AHPETC no differently from other Town Council," said Dr Maliki at the 2015 Committee Of Supply Debate. "Indeed when it comes to exerting its autonomy even against prevailing HDB policies, it is the AHPETC that has been especially aggressive and often with total disregard to such national policies."

For example, a Neighbourhood Renewal Programme project to build a shelter over a basketball court at Serangoon North Ave 1 had to be cut because costs overran, Dr Maliki said.

"The local grassroots informed HDB that residents had the impression that the items were cut by HDB because AHPETC was run by the opposition. Again this is a mischievous distortion. These items were cut because the TC’s costs are higher and exceeded the approved budget," he added.

In 2013, AHPETC had proposed 90 Community Improvement Projects Committee (CIPC) and 52 Citizens’ Consultative Committee (CCC) projects following consultations with residents. However, as the CIPC budget had been exceeded for the year, the CCCs had to prioritise 17 projects, which could be funded within the allocated budget, said Dr Maliki.

He added that the CCCs would need "a bit more time" to implement the projects.

Said Dr Maliki: "I don’t know why Mr Singh would now turn around, blame the CCCs for tardiness, and unfairly paint them in such a negative light in the eyes of the public, when the CCCs took the time and trouble to seek, go through, gave significant consideration to the TC’s proposals and were prepared to support many of them?

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least they dun keep pouring down into that Suzhou bottomless pit project which costs billions!! hehe..

Some PAP town councils even better....build already destroy and build again!! hehe..

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If WP cannot even manage the budget for building a basketball shelter, I can't imagine them taking on a huge project like building an MRT network or a new HDB precinct. They will probably fuck it up or contract it to one of their pals again.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least they dun keep pouring down into that Suzhou bottomless pit project which costs billions!! hehe..

Some PAP town councils even better....build already destroy and build again!! hehe..

...& Jo Teo who was in Suzhou trying to turn i ard failed miserably and yet can be promoted again n again to SMO
what has become of our cuntry???

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
If WP cannot even manage the budget for building a basketball shelter, I can't imagine them taking on a huge project like building an MRT network or a new HDB precinct. They will probably fuck it up or contract it to one of their pals again.

I will still vote for them........... as lesser of the 2 evils

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
11067771_810485625674114_7351493761084188890_n.png

1 hand overpay, 1 hand over charge. How not to exceed budget? But if WP want to waste Aljunied's resident's money, that's for Aljunied to question them: Why Pay? But the extra cost, AHPeTC now wants all tax payer to foot too. I ask: Why Pay?

[Dr Maliki had said it was "unfair" of Mr Singh to blame Citizens’ Consultative Committees (CCCs) for the time it took to work with the town council on neighbourhood projects.

"The Ministry of National Development has been fair to AHPETC and has treated AHPETC no differently from other Town Council," said Dr Maliki at the 2015 Committee Of Supply Debate. "Indeed when it comes to exerting its autonomy even against prevailing HDB policies, it is the AHPETC that has been especially aggressive and often with total disregard to such national policies."

For example, a Neighbourhood Renewal Programme project to build a shelter over a basketball court at Serangoon North Ave 1 had to be cut because costs overran, Dr Maliki said.

"The local grassroots informed HDB that residents had the impression that the items were cut by HDB because AHPETC was run by the opposition. Again this is a mischievous distortion. These items were cut because the TC’s costs are higher and exceeded the approved budget," he added.

In 2013, AHPETC had proposed 90 Community Improvement Projects Committee (CIPC) and 52 Citizens’ Consultative Committee (CCC) projects following consultations with residents. However, as the CIPC budget had been exceeded for the year, the CCCs had to prioritise 17 projects, which could be funded within the allocated budget, said Dr Maliki.

He added that the CCCs would need "a bit more time" to implement the projects.

Said Dr Maliki: "I don’t know why Mr Singh would now turn around, blame the CCCs for tardiness, and unfairly paint them in such a negative light in the eyes of the public, when the CCCs took the time and trouble to seek, go through, gave significant consideration to the TC’s proposals and were prepared to support many of them?

"I think the grassroots and the local community leaders are fully prepared to work with the TC to serve residents better. But it takes two hands to clap."

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CCC work for the PAP; they are headed by PAP supporters. Do you really expect them to work with a TC run by the Opposition?

It is obvious the CCC sabo the WP TC. And MND is siding with the CCC. How can we have an apolitical bureaucracy when the PAP makes the civil service political?

Damn the PAP.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
CCC work for the PAP; they are headed by PAP supporters. Do you really expect them to work with a TC run by the Opposition?

It is obvious the CCC sabo the WP TC. And MND is siding with the CCC. How can we have an apolitical bureaucracy when the PAP makes the civil service political?

Damn the PAP.

The impression we get now is that Ministries are highly politicized and you cannot get civil servants to tell the whole truth. To us they are just wanking. They carry on in this way and people will conclude a wholesale clean out is needed.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why waste vpublic money on a basketball shelter. A little rain will never kill.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the father, the son and the Holy GOH loose billion $$ in China project,
not even 1 MP dare to mention one sentence in parLeement?

Pro papaya zeroo and John tan also keep quiet, please be fair and say it loud
if mistake were made, don't hide....just like CPF keep on postpone the age limit...
now to 65! Next postpone to 70?.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I'm optimistic that the electorate will realise before the next election just how incompetent the WP is.

This will ensure a strong mandate for the PAP. LHL and his team may not be perfect but they're still an extremely competent team capable of taking Singapore to even greater heights.