• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

apple live!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
iphone 6 plus and iphone 6 ranked lumpar 1 and 2 respectively among the best and latest smartphones in the world...

I prefer smaller phones. I can make do with a dumb phone because data in Spore is too expensive.

I'm keeping an eye out for a 2nd hand Sony Ericson W810 to replace the one I accidently threw into the laundry.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why people like iPhones so much ? I used an iPhone 3SG for a short while, it didn't impress me much. Android phones are much better. I prefer Google Play over iTunes. does the latest iPhone now support external storage ?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why people like iPhones so much ? I used an iPhone 3SG for a short while, it didn't impress me much. Android phones are much better. I prefer Google Play over iTunes. does the latest iPhone now support external storage ?

20g of icloud storage for us$0.99 a month. 1st 5g is free.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just received this email from apple in the morning.....

image.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
all shipments of apple watch have been delayed due to glitch in taptic engine component (made in china). alternate supply chain sourced in japan, and it will take a while.

Yes heard about this. But no I will not go for the iWatch, too cartoon la I feel.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes heard about this. But no I will not go for the iWatch, too cartoon la I feel.

2 apple products that have never appealed to me are the ipod nano and the apple watch. i hate wearing anything on my body, except for clothes necessary to keep warm and absorb body micro-secretions and odor.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
all shipments of apple watch have been delayed due to glitch in taptic engine component (made in china). alternate supply chain sourced in japan, and it will take a while.

Finally the long wait is over, it had arrived. Will go pick up later and do the unboxing.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

See how slim this is

Starting for the first time

Can you bloody imagine this adaptor costs $118, bloody Apple knn

Will use TimeMachine to clone this new Macbook when I get into Jakarta.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
shiok! i'm getting the gold model at $1299 plus tax and a new ipad air 2 at $499 plus tax.

All 3 items delivered

Just got that iPad mini at Changi Airport 2 Mondays ago with Touch ID and Retina display worth to buy there if travelling.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Apple I discarded as junk sells for $200,000; mystery woman stands to get half
Posted: 05/30/2015

http://www.mercurynews.com/business/ci_28221648/apple-i-sells-200000-discarded-junk-mystery

MILPITAS -- It turns out that one person's junk is indeed someone else's treasure.

A South Bay recycling firm is looking for a woman who, in early April, dropped off boxes of electronics that she had cleaned out from her house after her husband died. About two weeks later, the firm, Clean Bay Area, discovered inside one of the boxes a rare find: a vintage Apple I, one of only about 200 first-generation desktop computers put together by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak and Ron Wayne in 1976.

The recycling firm sold the Apple I this month for $200,000 to a private collection, Vice President Victor Gichun said. And now, because company policy is to split proceeds 50-50 with the donor, he's looking for the mystery woman who refused to get a receipt or leave her name.

"We are looking for her to give her $100,000," Gichun said.

She had stopped by on a Friday just before closing time.

"She said, 'I want to get rid of this stuff and clean up my garage,' " Gichun said. "I said, 'Do you need a tax receipt?' and she said, 'No, I don't need anything.' "

The company had a backup of donations, and didn't immediately go through her boxes. He feels badly because the woman said her husband had died a couple of months earlier. Gichun's own mother died at age 54, and he remembers how his father suffered afterward.

Maybe, Gichun said, having some extra cash might help the woman.

Clean Bay Area recycles computers, lab equipment, test equipment and semiconductors. It deals mostly with businesses, but about five times a week individuals stop by with donations. The company doesn't pick up from individual donors.

"I remember her," Gichun said.

He said she was driving an SUV. He's not divulging any other descriptive information about the woman or her car. In the future, he said, he'll be more insistent about getting donors' contact information.

To get her $100,000 check, the mystery woman just needs to show up at the company's warehouse at 1310 Piper Drive in Milpitas.

"To prove who she is," Gichun said, "I just need to look at her."

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
you will hate it
because the keyboard is different.

Love the new keyboard and trackpad, both larger, the clicking of the kepboard button very cool good feel. Still learning the trackpad full function.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
After more than 2 weeks finally have time this afternoon to set up from the old Macbook 11" using Apple's Time Machine this basically clones the old Mac to the new.

It was a breeze, take about an hour, everything is saved and transferred including history, cache etc etc

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
excellent! continuity of content regardless of hardware upgrades is extremely important to me, that's why apple is the best!