• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

18 Year-Old Appreciative Of PAP! More Matured Than 39.9% of Voting Adults!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I can't wait to recruit this youth to be a grassroots volunteer!

water_0.jpg

The view of politics from an 18 year old local.

I am young, as a matter of fact, I've not paid any taxes or bills on utilities, cars, etc. Thus I may not be able to empathize with many older Singaporeans and their problems on rising costs of living. However, I do want to share my views on various political problems that Singapore faces from what I see.

First of all, netizens everywhere are rousing up to kicking out the PAP in the next general election, why? They're unhappy, rising costs of living with a large income gap makes normal people like us suffer trying to make ends meet (I see my dad working his ass off just to even make the bills break even), as well as the whole CPF drama as well as slow wage rises.

What I want to bring to light though, is the good that the government has brought to us. I have friends from Japan and London saying our government is top class with the way it runs the country, the policies made and the decisions made by the government are good. Of course, many of you will disagree on this, but for someone from another country to tell me this warms my heart and indeed, I feel in my own right that Singaporeans indeed do not have this sense of looking at the good in things (perhaps this is why we're unhappy) and constantly complain. We live relatively comfortably, the cost of living here is nothing compared to that of some countries in the UK. London taxes 40% of their citizen's income, heck, some people in the Philippines don't even have nice shoes to wear to work everyday. Yet all we do here is complain, complain and complain for things we don't get, people complain that the trains here break down, but do they realize that countries like Malaysia have yet to even build trains? We complain of things like taxi fare hikes, but do we realize that in New York, taxi prices are easily two times of that in Singapore? No, I can firmly say, a majority of us do not have this sense of appreciation.

Second. Do you honestly think picking a new party will make a change for the better? These guys may make promises to you, these guys may indeed give you your wants, but what about opportunity costs? If they give you what you want, what will they take away? Think about that for a moment.

I am freaking thankful to no end that my government has managed to make SINGAPORE what it is today, to push education to such utmost importance so that I can understand the reason why certain policies are implemented. After all, what is popular may not always be right for the country. How many governments can make surpluses during times of recessions? How many have the courage to prevent wage-price spirals? To implement economic policies to push our ability further.

One thing I appreciate to no end is the ministry of education sending students overseas, especially to less developed countries. Only upon these trips to people truly understand what appreciation is. Stop looking at not getting what you want, but look around and see where you stand as a country compared to others. Maybe then will you realize that Singapore is actually an amazing country run by amazing people who make unpopular but necessary decisions.

Appreciation, to no end is something we need as a country. It's so competitive here that we seem to lose ourselves. We have a lot to improve I would say, this country isn't perfect and no government will ever be perfect, but damn this government has done a bloody good job in turning a fishing village into a developed country in 60 years. I just wish sometimes that some of the people could've evolved too. As an 18 year old, only having foreigners wishing me a good day while I'm walking to school isn't exactly boosting my impression of my own countrymen, who only look down and avoid eye contact in the bus. Let's be more friendly, more appreciative, look around you and count your blessings instead of cursing that you can't get a car just like your friend. Be blessed that you have a roof on your head, that you can afford rice, that you can even wear a belt to work. My fellow Singaporeans, let's just aim to be happy, we struggle to make ends meet, but some people out there can't even make ends meet no matter how hard they try, look at things from a different perspective. It's hard and I will be shot down for this because not everyone faces the same situation and not everyone is as lucky as I am and I understand. But let's try to smile abit more, maybe then will we get lucky.

Just the thoughts of an 18 year old who can't wait to face the world with a smile.

http://therealsingapore.com/content...rn-appreciate-things-more-instead-complaining

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fuck care what an 18 year old wet between his ears say lah. He can't vote, so he can think anything, no one gives a flying fuck.
He better smile now and smile as much as he can now, for his joy is definitely short-lived. He might as well compare himself to a stray cat,
and he would be a million times better than a stray cat. Stoopidity at the zenith and we all know most males start to lose grey matter after 19.
This piece of shit is a goner.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This kid is totally brainwashed. I have k ow Taiwanese people who stay in sinkieland for 2 weeks and dying to leave liao.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sounds like a general paper essay.bound to get A1.although the reasoning is childishly simple minded,if he brush up his por lumpa writing skills,he's destined for great heights

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can't wait to recruit this youth to be a grassroots volunteer!

the stupid boy admits he sees his father working his ass off and still writes this!!!! need to be disowned and see what he writes after that....

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
18 Year-Old Appreciative Of PAP! More Matured Than 39.9% of Voting Adults!

Do something meaningful. Join the grassroots. Peoples' Association all the way!

This kid need a mirror to be installed in his bathroom

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If this CB Kia young bastard fucktard is my son, I would give him one hell of a whacking... He will regret it someday for writing this piece of shit article...

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if indeed the article was written by a 18yo............LOL

anyway, if yes leh............he's a retard..........heck, majority of Sinkies are retards.........otherwise, PAP long ago out liao lor...........

Hongkies and Taiwanese would have kicked them out decades ago..............

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
25 years from now...this 18 yo will look back and will say "the biggest mistake he had made; is believing too much in the PAP" :biggrin: :biggrin:

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was a PAP supporter when I was 18 too, but that was ten years ago. Things were going pretty well under lao Goh, but since the prodigal son took over, this country seems to have gone to the dogs. All I'm going to say is if this was a public listed company answerable to shareholders at AGMs, the words you'll likely see in the news would be 'no vision', 'resign in shame' or 'terminated with immediate effect' & 'committed hari-kari'. Incompetence seems to be the rule of the government and parliament starts to resemble a carnival when they nitpick at dirty ceilings and cleaner fees(i must add, you can see that they lowered SC&C for a whole year just to build their case against WP, plan for a whole year to try and shame WP, and yet it backfired spectacularly for them).

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
25 years from now...this 18 yo will look back and will say "the biggest mistake he had made; is believing too much in the PAP" :biggrin: :biggrin:

25 years from now, this 18 year old will find that he will be 'retrenched' or replaced by an FT when he is in his 40s and when bills are piling up, HDBeee mortgage is chasing for payment, his Uni degree means NOTHING in the his Sinkie world and his supposedly lovey dovey wife he met when he was in his 20s is about to divorce him, he will go on site to find this thread just to understand HOW STUPID HE WAS WHEN HE WAS IN HIS EARLY YEARS. LoLoLoLoL