• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Almost ROBBEDAT JB 2 DAYS AGO

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal
went shopping and had lunch with family last Friday.After abit of sight seeing and little bit of shopping we head home, along the way we decided to drop by at at pasar malam.You see we love pasar malam for the reasons all of you can really understand. cheap plenty food and the aroma that comes with it.

The Pasar Malam we are talking about is at Tampoi-If you are coming down from Angsana heading towards causeway along the Tun Abdul Razak.Before you reach flyover that would take you to Tun Abdul razak,it is on the left side.But to access it,you need to turn left at the Petrones petrol station and drive in abit before reaching flyover.

Me and family reached there about 7pm.We parked our car right under the bright light on the side of the road.The driver side is facing the road to flyover and you can see cars are passing by fast.
It does seems to be a safe spot.

After about 30 mins we were heading to towards the car.Then from a distance of about 3 metres,my bro saw about 4-5 youngsters emerging from the rear side of the car and he notice one of them carrying a haversack similar to his. he felt suspicious and pick up pace.

Then he started to run towards those guys after noticing the driver seat side of the passaenger seat window had broken to pieces.When he was about nearing those guys ,one of them turned back and saw my bro chasing after them.As my bro had lost the element of surpise,he then shouted 'thief,thief..arrest them..Those guys quickly run to different directions,about 3 cross the road that had high divider with fast moving cars passing.The other one took the opposite side,fell quite badly.Thinking that 3 guys had his bag he ignores the guy that fell which was near him.

As my bro did not want to take the risk of crossing the road that had cars passing very fast he stopped. When he was chasing and shouting a guy from the nearest food stall(food stall empty due to pasar malam)tried to give chase but by then they had already crossed the road or at least almost.

The guy that fell no longer there,he disappeared.

While making the way back,a malay guy in a car slowed down and enquired if those bastards were caught .My bro said no.He had good news though,he said a malay couple had picked a bag thrown by one of those crooks and had gone to us to return it.I received the bag and my bro confirms all are intact.In it are S$2000+, plus a Microsoft surface and personal docs. My bro was soooo relieved.

Thinking about it they could have got killed when crossing /running across the road.Its like crossing on our PIE or Expressway.

We then cleaned the fragments from the car and confirm nothing taken except the bag.The way we look at it.Those were out with no intent to steal like those we see riding motorcycle etc.They were like those guys go pasar malam,sit beside my car eating snacks probably and one of them happen to see my bag and got tempted.Yes,with hindsight my bro should not have placed the bag there.We were always careful other than that day.

We went central made a police report and was redirected to another HQ opposite Skudai Parade to give full statement,according to IO Singaporean cases has a special task force that's why we were directed there.

Are we deterred to enter JB again?NO

We love it there not because of the prices only but that kind of freedom feeling you get when you cross over.Putting my bag on display like that ,it can even happen in Singapore.The point is we must always be vigilant,over suspicious of surrounding is good.We always have a metal bar in our car just incase and we avoid isolated area.

Other than those bastards,many Malaysian approach us and enquired if we were ok-very nice of them

Lesson learnt.I remember seeing a note on the wall of the IO that says-Crime happens most of the time due to the 'opportuinty' that you gave the criminal or something to that effect. Which is very true in our case

I am still looking for workshop to replace the broken window here or jb.Any suggestion/recommendation.I don't want claim insurance or they will slaughter us next renewal.-My car is Kia Sportage

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bukit Indah has many car workshops. Most are decent but good to walk around to get at least 3 quotes before driving your car over. But probably it is more convenient to get it done in Singapore if the workshop needs you to leave your car with them.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays seldom heard of daylight robbery in JB already. But even then I still do not take risks and if I need to drive over to Pasar Malam, I would do so in a proton..

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays seldom heard of daylight robbery in JB already. But even then I still do not take risks and if I need to drive over to Pasar Malam, I would do so in a proton..

I had my car window broken into and my note book stolen many years ago even though it is in a exhibition center carpark. That too I place my notebook on the floor, covered with newspaper on the passenger side. Never never ever leave any bags, back packs irregardless of there is anything inside the bag or not. Always keep it in the boot or carry along with you. Expensive lesson to replace a window and Vkool tinting on a German car.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had my car window broken into and my note book stolen many years ago even though it is in a exhibition center carpark. That too I place my notebook on the floor, covered with newspaper on the passenger side. Never never ever leave any bags, back packs irregardless of there is anything inside the bag or not. Always keep it in the boot or carry along with you. Expensive lesson to replace a window and Vkool tinting on a German car.

There are some very cheap and dark detachable tint-film (LTA-inspection friendly) sold at Shell stations in Singapore or other online malls.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
went shopping and had lunch with family last Friday.After abit of sight seeing and little bit of shopping we head home, along the way we decided to drop by at at pasar malam.You see we love pasar malam for the reasons all of you can really understand. cheap plenty food and the aroma that comes with it.

The Pasar Malam we are talking about is at Tampoi-If you are coming down from Angsana heading towards causeway along the Tun Abdul Razak.Before you reach flyover that would take you to Tun Abdul razak,it is on the left side.But to access it,you need to turn left at the Petrones petrol station and drive in abit before reaching flyover.

Me and family reached there about 7pm.We parked our car right under the bright light on the side of the road.The driver side is facing the road to flyover and you can see cars are passing by fast.
It does seems to be a safe spot.

After about 30 mins we were heading to towards the car.Then from a distance of about 3 metres,my bro saw about 4-5 youngsters emerging from the rear side of the car and he notice one of them carrying a haversack similar to his. he felt suspicious and pick up pace.

Then he started to run towards those guys after noticing the driver seat side of the passaenger seat window had broken to pieces.When he was about nearing those guys ,one of them turned back and saw my bro chasing after them.As my bro had lost the element of surpise,he then shouted 'thief,thief..arrest them..Those guys quickly run to different directions,about 3 cross the road that had high divider with fast moving cars passing.The other one took the opposite side,fell quite badly.Thinking that 3 guys had his bag he ignores the guy that fell which was near him.

As my bro did not want to take the risk of crossing the road that had cars passing very fast he stopped. When he was chasing and shouting a guy from the nearest food stall(food stall empty due to pasar malam)tried to give chase but by then they had already crossed the road or at least almost.

The guy that fell no longer there,he disappeared.

While making the way back,a malay guy in a car slowed down and enquired if those bastards were caught .My bro said no.He had good news though,he said a malay couple had picked a bag thrown by one of those crooks and had gone to us to return it.I received the bag and my bro confirms all are intact.In it are S$2000+, plus a Microsoft surface and personal docs. My bro was soooo relieved.

Thinking about it they could have got killed when crossing /running across the road.Its like crossing on our PIE or Expressway.

We then cleaned the fragments from the car and confirm nothing taken except the bag.The way we look at it.Those were out with no intent to steal like those we see riding motorcycle etc.They were like those guys go pasar malam,sit beside my car eating snacks probably and one of them happen to see my bag and got tempted.Yes,with hindsight my bro should not have placed the bag there.We were always careful other than that day.

We went central made a police report and was redirected to another HQ opposite Skudai Parade to give full statement,according to IO Singaporean cases has a special task force that's why we were directed there.

Are we deterred to enter JB again?NO

We love it there not because of the prices only but that kind of freedom feeling you get when you cross over.Putting my bag on display like that ,it can even happen in Singapore.The point is we must always be vigilant,over suspicious of surrounding is good.We always have a metal bar in our car just incase and we avoid isolated area.

Other than those bastards,many Malaysian approach us and enquired if we were ok-very nice of them

Lesson learnt.I remember seeing a note on the wall of the IO that says-Crime happens most of the time due to the 'opportuinty' that you gave the criminal or something to that effect. Which is very true in our case

I am still looking for workshop to replace the broken window here or jb.Any suggestion/recommendation.I don't want claim insurance or they will slaughter us next renewal.-My car is Kia Sportage

Broken windows does not impact your NCB. I had a similar experience, replaced 2 windows and i had to pay $100 that's all.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
It has to be an accident, which a robbery is not. Right?

Windscreen cover whether by flying stones caused by grasscutter, yr neighbour naughty boys or accident does not affect NCB. Cos it is a separate additional charge. But any other window panel such as door window, rear glass, etc all affected and can only claimed if it is an accident complete with police report. No accident, cannot claim.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Windscreen cover whether by flying stones caused by grasscutter, yr neighbour naughty boys or accident does not affect NCB. Cos it is a separate additional charge. But any other window panel such as door window, rear glass, etc all affected and can only claimed if it is an accident complete with police report. No accident, cannot claim.

Not for my policy. Mine was a similar case, ie got smashed by robbers at JB, not accident. Excess $100 irregardless of number of windows. Mine was driver and back window total 2.

Sweeve

Alfrescian
Loyal
went shopping and had lunch with family last Friday.After abit of sight seeing and little bit of shopping we head home, along the way we decided to drop by at at pasar malam.You see we love pasar malam for the reasons all of you can really understand. cheap plenty food and the aroma that comes with it..................................................................................................

Even if there is nothing valuable in your bag, they lose nothing by smashing your window. To these type of opportunist thiefs - no venture, no gain. When they see an unattended bag, it's a opportunity to "get rich".

A friend related an incident where his friend left an unattended bag in the backseat. Nothing valuable in there, and he thought it was safe to leave it there while he went to run errands after parking his car. Thereafter, as he was walking back to his car, he was shocked to see his bag on the ground, beside the car, with the zip opened and windows smashed. For nothing, window get smashed and a hole in his pocket.

I agree fully with your last 2nd paragraph and that somehow reminds me of a banner put up by the Singapore police at HDB multi storey carpark - Don't leave your belonging or valuables in your car. Don't be a target for crime.

Sweeve

Alfrescian
Loyal

I speculate one reason why you were targeted. Sometime back, my friend shared with me that professional thieves possess equipment to scan a vehicle for the presence of electronic devices such as laptop, ipad, gps etc. That is how they "decide" which vehicle to break into. Just wondering , if anyone here can share any info on such devices - where they are sold or how it can be procured, how exactly it works etc..

I would like to elaborate further on the words highlighted in bold above. The only time when its appropriate to leave your valuables in your boot - it's when you are travelling from point A to point B. When you reach your destination and alight from your vehicle, bring it along with you, no matter how inconvenient it may be.

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal
I speculate one reason why you were targeted. Sometime back, my friend shared with me that professional thieves possess equipment to scan a vehicle for the presence of electronic devices such as laptop, ipad, gps etc. That is how they "decide" which vehicle to break into. Just wondering , if anyone here can share any info on such devices - where they are sold or how it can be procured, how exactly it works etc..

I would like to elaborate further on the words highlighted in bold above. The only time when its appropriate to leave your valuables in your boot - it's when you are travelling from point A to point B. When you reach your destination and alight from your vehicle, bring it along with you, no matter how inconvenient it may be.

UPDATE -

Got the window replaced with original, all the way from KL.tot the shop was lying.I waited at the shop till the truck arrives.charged rm 350.
While doing mine a Honda crv came with same problem.his happened at a hotel middle of night.he was charged rm320..malaysian price I guess

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is a given common sense that you should not leave any valuables in open view in the car, not even a piece of shopping plastic bag with nothing valuable inside. That's because the would-be thief may think that it is something of valuable inside the plastic bag.

Also, try not to put your valuables inside the trunk after reaching your destination car park. That's because you may have already been viewed/watched. I'll always put my valuables (if necessary, especially after purchasing an expensive item) in the trunk just before I exit the car park so that at the next destination, I would not create suspicion and theft opportunity.

It is also better to drive a sedan (especially those that don't have folding rear seats) than a hatchback. Otherwise, the thief can also break the windows, unfold the rear seats and steal any items in your trunk. I will also "deactivate" the link to remotely open the boot from the inside of the car. This feature should be available to all modern vehicles.

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got robbed sat,but not from robber but police man haha,illegal U turn,my fault....he ask me,"you want me to help you?",I innocently reply ok ......,haiz....no complaint.....,my children was surprise how it was resloved,bad example from daddy.....

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got robbed sat,but not from robber but police man haha,illegal U turn,my fault....he ask me,"you want me to help you?",I innocently reply ok ......,haiz....no complaint.....,my children was surprise how it was resloved,bad example from daddy.....

HAHA..profit sharing btwn govt AND the cops.Its good in general but get rid of the hassle.

I was stopped couple mths back.was proceeding to CIQ at the all famous junction.few min before that I told my kideat belt on or they will stop us.few seconds after cross junction bike cop signaled us to stop.he says ' I saw yr kid was not wth seat belt when he saw me than he wear it.OF ALL places at the location where vehicles oe at snail pace..-SEAT Belt..REALLY!.he asks for my lic,I gave.He looked for my road tax which is not on the wscreenI said in spore no longer necessary as it is online,he replied it was Jb not Spore.Fine..but wat has spore road tax got to do with JB? He checked our passports.Then came ou the magic word..u want me to issue ticket?As I was in a diff mood.again wat is the fine for nt wearing seat belt.I said OK.

He ws a bit surprised.He flipped my passport and again asked,I replied yeah go ahead.

Finally he says its ok go ahead just remember to wear seat belt next time.

Perhaps he himself was worried what he superior might ask him why was the need to issue ticket of all places at the particular spot.

Jams everywhere,lane cutting common..they do nothing and chat amongst themselves but readily stops people for the most minor offence

Well its Malaysia,cars park everywhere,a bit of hassle of maneuvering but hey..their lives are much more less stressful

In Singapore we have Lta enforcement circling the same spot every 30mins..its no more about regulating traffic but waiting for the moment you tripped, a ticket will be for you with just a click of the machine or camera.

Yeah we thank LKy for his contribution but living life like a criminal,kind of sucks

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Be careful.
The fine for the person who give is higher than the person who receive. Those days are over where you can settle easily. The younger generations might be offended if you offer.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Haha I tell you the magic phrases to set a gd example to your kids. You should ask the policeman if you can settle it in cash on the spot. No receipts needed! :biggrin: