• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Single-shift taxi drivers earned S$3,173 monthly in 2014: Tan Chuan-Jin

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if taxi drivers are replaced by driverless car, I think Taxi drivers can work as Car Park Valet

robot valet will take care of that. it's already happening.

http://phys.org/news/2014-06-robot-valet-cars-german-airport.html

image.jpg

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The truth is that not many PMETs are driving cabs, not enough to warrant compiling of data. That is why majority of sinkies vote for PAP. Because PAP has ensured that majority of sinkies are well-educated and can find PMET jobs.

You are the biggest idiot I have encountered so far.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The truth is that not many PMETs are driving cabs, not enough to warrant compiling of data. That is why majority of sinkies vote for PAP. Because PAP has ensured that majority of sinkies are well-educated and can find PMET jobs.

Well said. I have added to your points.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
let me the expert advise you all, as a taxi uncle, i think the income stated is fair and reasonable.:o

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Govt can keep such detail data on taxi drivers, yet it can't tell us how many of these taxi driver were former PMET.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here are the facts for one-shift relief driver :

Nett takings(after minusing daily rental and diesel) is an average $130 a day. If drive 6 days a week, total nett takings per month is $3,400. However, after driving 5 years, medical ailments all sprout up.:o

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here are the facts for one-shift relief driver :

Nett takings(after minusing daily rental and diesel) is an average $130 a day. If drive 6 days a week, total nett takings per month is $3,400. However, after driving 5 years, medical ailments all sprout up.:o

Single shift is 12 hrs so drive full 12hrs?
That's only 10 bucks an hour.....still better than work in macdonalds I must say

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Single shift is 12 hrs so drive full 12hrs?
That's only 10 bucks an hour.....still better than work in macdonalds I must say

There are many rests (smoke break, toilet break, lunch break, kopi break, wash car etc) along the way. If not too many breaks, taxi driver can generally earn that amount stated.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
How much the rental per day?? $150 - $180?? say $150 plus 7% GST = $160.50, Diesel, Petrol or LPG? or? per day, just take the basis, rental cost, say 31 days = $160.50 x 31 = $$4,975.50. Per day $160.50 / 12 hrs running the taxi, each hour, you must drive to cover $13.38.....just do the sums....& you will know..it is another "wayang"...

OH!....the earnings is so good that...we see so many taxis on " BUSY" or when they see you, switch from Taxi to "BUSY"...they must be making $10,000 a day... ha ha ha ha

To be fair, many taxi drivers rent out their taxis to other drivers for the night shift or shifts when they are resting. The part time driver does pay some money to the principal driver, so the $150 a day is probably prorated among 2 drivers. But its still wayang when he gives the gross numbers without knowing what the cost is.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i not so piah, relief driver, can make 3k per month after all deduction of rental and diesel.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fact is earning 3 to 4K a month without

1) CPF contribution from both you and employer
2) no medical coverage just the minute sum to your own CPF medisave which will be locked up anyway.
3) all other benefits which I cannot list out...

and having to work long hours, facing the risk of accidents and 'violent passengers' beside others is equal to earning just $2k per month ( at present cost of living) in total with no further amount set for retirement.

The worst part is ppl like taxi drivers have very poor retirement prospects and if they are retired and yet do not have enough put aside for retirement , they are getting "NOWHERE in life by carrying on to drive pass their retirement age.

All in all, PAP will not paint a true picture of what sort of life these ppl are facing and the worse part is, they will ignore those that can no longer work or still struggling to work as taxi drivers.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there is no perfect scenario even if you are to start your own biz...

The fact is earning 3 to 4K a month without

1) CPF contribution from both you and employer
2) no medical coverage just the minute sum to your own CPF medisave which will be locked up anyway.
3) all other benefits which I cannot list out...

and having to work long hours, facing the risk of accidents and 'violent passengers' beside others is equal to earning just $2k per month ( at present cost of living) in total with no further amount set for retirement.

The worst part is ppl like taxi drivers have very poor retirement prospects and if they are retired and yet do not have enough put aside for retirement , they are getting "NOWHERE in life by carrying on to drive pass their retirement age.

All in all, PAP will not paint a true picture of what sort of life these ppl are facing and the worse part is, they will ignore those that can no longer work or still struggling to work as taxi drivers.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What's the message that the Ministar is trying to tell sinkees? That taxi driving is a lucrative career?

Here is a government that is totally bankrupt of ideas. PAP asks sinkees not to go to universities. Then to consider career as hawkers and taxi drivers. And it wants sinkapore to be a high value economy.

So, the grand plan of the PAP is to make sinkees become hawkers and taxi drivers and the good paying jobs going to foreigners! Damn the PAP.