• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Boycott cathay pacific - Its a racist airline

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.straitstimes.com/news/as...-flight-after-chinese-boy-3-refuses-wear-his-

Now as I see it, this could be the beginning of an even lower cost airline if passengers are allowed to sit on one another's lap. So 1 ticket, you can sit two. But this racist ang mor airline did not allow passengers to do so. they are overcharging and against consumer rights.

Where got racist? It is for safety reason. If this happen on a US airline, the FA will call the police to arrest them. Don't play, play. In US, it is the law to OBEY the flight attendants.

maxxi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Their LOAD FACTOR is 91 per cent.

Higest in the industry.They don't give a shite.

They have become the public transport for 3 billion PRC.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i don't like the sliding seat. if my backrest can recline, i'm ok. but sliding seat to trick the passenger into thinking hisher seat is reclining? cathay pacific fail. sq is the best!

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
These passengers should be caged and transported as live animals since they do not exhibit human sense.

Cheers!

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is a safety issue nothing more, nothing less. To share the seat with an adult most airlines stipulate that the child must be younger than 2 years old. A little give and take is usually allowed but at 3 years old it is not possible to accede to their request.

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/as...-flight-after-chinese-boy-3-refuses-wear-his-

Now as I see it, this could be the beginning of an even lower cost airline if passengers are allowed to sit on one another's lap. So 1 ticket, you can sit two. But this racist ang mor airline did not allow passengers to do so. they are overcharging and against consumer rights.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..beginning of an even lower cost airline if passengers are allowed to sit on one another's lap. So 1 ticket, you can sit two. But this racist ang mor airline did not allow passengers to do so. they are overcharging and against consumer rights.
Think you got your knickers twisted.

On safety rules, the kid is big enough to strap up.

http://kidsflysafe.com/cares-overview/

Neither is CX a soley ang moh airline, with Air China equity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathay_Pacific

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a safety issue nothing more, nothing less. To share the seat with an adult most airlines stipulate that the child must be younger than 2 years old. A little give and take is usually allowed but at 3 years old it is not possible to accede to their request.

Ryan air considered free standing air transportation for shorter routes.
surely sharing seats with a toddler is so much safer if both buckle up and given extra pillows.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Family ejected from Cathay Pacific flight after Chinese boy, 3, refuses to wear his seat belt

By Jeremy Lee A CHILD who would not put on his seat belt on a plane caused his family to be removed from the flight, but not without sparking a commotion on board and delaying the flight, reported Hong Kong's media. Moments before take-off, flight attendants on Cathay Pacific flight CX654, which was heading from Bangkok to Hong Kong on Tuesday afternoon, urged the boy's parents to make their three-year-old son sit down and wear his seat belt, as per safety instructions, but they refused, according to the South China Morning Post (SCMP). The mainland Chinese couple wanted the child to sit on his mother's lap instead, SCMP reported, prompting an argument. Another passenger identified only by the surname Lau told the Apple Daily that the boy had refused to sit down and wear his seat belt.

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/as...-boy-3-refuses-wear-his-#sthash.m7GfO9tp.dpuf

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These passengers should be caged and transported as live animals since they do not exhibit human sense.

Cheers!

I cannot help saying this " I agree"...sorry I am relating this again, not meaning to sound, long-winded..just a short one, " some years back, was on a flight from Bangkok to Singapore by Airasia...99% of the plane passengers were PRC on a tour, from Bangkok to Singapore. All are ADULTS...when the place started cruising...they were clambering all over the seats like a troop of chimpanzees...I wonder of the MAS pilot who flew the B777 now missing, had the same problem...

They should be caged & out in the cargo hold...& label, 'DO NOT FEED THE ANIMALS"...:rolleyes:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
i don't like the sliding seat. if my backrest can recline, i'm ok. but sliding seat to trick the passenger into thinking hisher seat is reclining? cathay pacific fail. sq is the best!

sliding seat to prevent you from annoying the back passengers if you recline too much.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I usually travel with a a small travel pouch. About 18cm by 10 cm. I carry it slung crosswise on my shoulder. It is only big enough to carry my passport & a spare wallet. Have had an air stewardess ask me to put it below the seat:eek:

Rather than argue with her I put it in the seat pocket where the you usually find those diagrams of exit points. If they can make noise about my little pouch I am not surprised they are making an issue about a toddler.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
surely sharing seats with a toddler is so much safer if both buckle up and given extra pillows.

an airline offered cattle class to me, but i would be the only passenger strapped to a handle with a watch.

image.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I usually travel with a a small travel pouch. About 18cm by 10 cm. I carry it slung crosswise on my shoulder. It is only big enough to carry my passport & a spare wallet. Have had an air stewardess ask me to put it below the seat:eek:

Rather than argue with her I put it in the seat pocket where the you usually find those diagrams of exit points. If they can make noise about my little pouch I am not surprised they are making an issue about a toddler.

i carry 2 ipads, 2 iphones and 1 samseng in my small sling bag, and i have to stow it away as my seat is usually at the emergency exit (there's no seat in front to stow the bag). the best benefit of those seats is that stewardesses sit on foldable cabin crew seats facing me during take off and landing, and they tell me their life stories. sometimes i cry, not because stories are sad, but because we shall soon part ways.

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In this case it is not about the airlines , it is about whether the Governing authority who issue the airlines its' Air Operator's Certificate ( CAAS in the case of Singapore ) would allow. I don't think any of these authorities would be amenable to such requests. Safety would be compromised in case of a rejected takeoff, insurance costs would go up significantly and lawsuits would be a consideration too.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...stewardesses sit on foldable cabin crew seats facing me during take off and landing, and they tell me their life stories. sometimes i cry, not because stories are sad, but because we shall soon part ways.
You really meant: missing the view when she part her legs, across you (ala Sharon Stone in Fatal Attraction) :p

in-chair.jpg