• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Video] - Altercation between national cyclist and driver, witnessed by police

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Altercation between national cyclist and driver, witnessed by police

main_18.jpg

Video :
http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/s...r-wrecking-national-cyclists-bicycle-right-in

Straits Times Report on the incident :
http://www.straitstimes.com/news/sp...ider-vincent-angs-sea-games-bike-damaged-car-

Last edited:

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No driver will cause an altercation without being provoked or annoyed. If it is a group of cyclists, it is very, very likely that the cyclists are not cycling in a single file, but cycling in twos and thereby occupying the entire lane. The cyclists are in the wrong.

Alfrescian
Loyal
No driver will cause an altercation without being provoked or annoyed. If it is a group of cyclists, it is very, very likely that the cyclists are not cycling in a single file, but cycling in twos and thereby occupying the entire lane. The cyclists are in the wrong.

sorry bro, you are wrong......a lot of drivers still don't know that cyclists are allowed to cycle 2 abreast in the same lane hence causing all the unnecessary angst against the cyclists.....

Last edited:

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If they cycle two abreast, should they occupy the entire lane or should they keep as much to the side of the road as possible?

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they cycle two abreast, should they occupy the entire lane or should they keep as much to the side of the road as possible?
two abreast will reasonably take up around half to 75% of 1 lane. I think the logic is that they are allowed 1 lane although not specifically prescribed. of course if buikia and sadplumbgirl goes on a cycling date, they will take up more than 1 lane :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sorry bro, you are wrong......a lot of drivers still don't know that cyclists are allowed to cycle 2 abreast in the same lane hence causing all the unnecessary angst against the cyclists.....

If this is true then terrorists can bring Spore to its knees by simply having cyclists choke the busy roads. If they do it in the CBD they don't even have to pay ERP:biggrin:

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think tensions between cyclists and motorists happen when cyclists cycle 2 abreast, or more.

If it is 2 abreast, then it is allowed, but the reality is that the lane is too narrow for cars to pass them.
If they cycle more than 2 abreast, then it is against the traffic rules, and motorists are pissed off.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You are wrong.

http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/aol/sear...7e-9eba643f6561" Status:inforce Depth:0;rec=0
ROAD TRAFFIC ACT
(CHAPTER 276, SECTION 140)
ROAD TRAFFIC (BICYCLES) RULES

Travelling abreast prohibited
7.—(1) No bicycle shall be ridden on the right of another vehicle proceeding in the same direction except when overtaking such other vehicle.
[S 773/2004 wef 01/01/2005]
(2) No bicycle shall be ridden on the right of any two other bicycles proceeding abreast in the same direction except when overtaking such other bicycles or on parts of roads or paths set aside for the exclusive use of bicycles.

Bicycle to be ridden on left side of road
8. Every bicycle shall be ridden close to the left hand edge of the roadway and in such a manner as not to obstruct vehicles moving at a faster speed.

When there is no traffic, you can ride no more than 2 bicycles abreast, but when there is traffic, rule 8 takes priority.

Last edited:

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal

screw their ass. ask them to pay road tax, COE , ERP first then only talk about their right to cycle 2-3 abreast monopolising a lane and creatuing congestion and trouble for others. even motorbikes pay road tax and erp. fark these cyclists. best to horn them, overtake them and them drive very close to the kerb to obstruct these bastard groupies. they alwasy think just beause they are in a group they can harass and bully others. i support the motorist here.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
screw their ass. ask them to pay road tax, COE , ERP first then only talk about their right to cycle 2-3 abreast monopolising a lane and creatuing congestion and trouble for others. even motorbikes pay road tax and erp. fark these cyclists. best to horn them, overtake them and them drive very close to the kerb to obstruct these bastard groupies. they alwasy think just beause they are in a group they can harass and bully others. i support the motorist here.

What an idiot, you mean money can change your view on what is right and wrong? If irritated by cyclist means irritated, regardless whether they pay road tax or not, what a shallow moron, got money to fly private jet but thinking so seriously dumb and retarded.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You are wrong.

As long as cyclists are not overtaking another vehicle, riding two abreast is legal.

http://driving-in-singapore.spf.gov.sg/services/driving_in_singapore/services/cyclists.html

On Safe Cycling Behaviours (DON’Ts)
  • Do not cycle more than two abreast in the same direction.
  • Do not cycle along the footway and on the expressways.
  • Do not cycle across pedestrian crossings and overhead bridges.
  • Do not cycle against the flow of traffic.

Cyclists pay taxes too and they are entitled to use the roads.

Road construction and maintenance comes from the consolidated tax fund which every single taxpayer contributes to.

If the right to use the road depended upon the amount of road tax paid, then Ferraris and Bentleys could start demanding that Hyundais and Cherrys should get the fuck out of the their way.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
As long as cyclists are not overtaking another vehicle, riding two abreast is legal.

http://driving-in-singapore.spf.gov.sg/services/driving_in_singapore/services/cyclists.html

Road construction and maintenance comes from the consolidated tax fund which every single taxpayer contributes to.

If the right to use the road depended upon the amount of road tax paid, then Ferraris and Bentleys could start demanding that Hyundais and Cherrys should get the fuck out of the their way.

Totally agree with you, all these morons knowledge of Highway Code is learned from the play park in East Coast Park, they just anyhow create their own laws when it comes to cyclists rights.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
(2) No bicycle shall be ridden on the right of any two other bicycles proceeding abreast in the same direction except when overtaking such other bicycles or on parts of roads or paths set aside for the exclusive use of bicycles.

Two abreast is allowed, and the third is allowed if overtaking.

Speaking of breast, I need to find me some later, it's been a long day.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
What an idiot, you mean money can change your view on what is right and wrong? If irritated by cyclist means irritated, regardless whether they pay road tax or not, what a shallow moron, got money to fly private jet but thinking so seriously dumb and retarded.

fark you. who do you think you are? you are just a nobody here. don't come here to talk about right or wrong when you are so blardy blind although you have eyes. where were you when a cyclist riding on pavement knock down a pregnant friend of mine and cause a miscarriage? when have you seen a TP stoping a cyclist and issuing a summon for breaking the law like cycling against the flow of traffic, cycling across PEDESTRIAN crossing, cycling on five foot ways, cycling without lights at night, cycling on mrt pedestrain walks, etc. etc Zilch. never once in my 30 years of driving!!! you see all these bastards breaking the law everyday. never have a cyclist being hauled to court for knocking down a pedestrian or kid. if you are so smart, then tell me the reason as why to all the above happened????
once a cyclist cycling against the flow of traffic knock into my mercs and caused a deep gash on the bonnet resulting in a few thousand dollars repair. the moment I got down and ask him for his ID , he saw the damage and then quickly cycled away into a small lane to avoid responsibility. Tell me, you moron, how to identify him when no licence plate? are you going to pay for the damage caused by him?? stop talking like an idiot here. I have seen alot of these idiots thinking they are king of the road till a tipper come and crush them like cockroaches. if they want a lane all to themselves, fine by me but then petition the garmen to build seperate cyclist lanes like in europe. I sure they would back track once the garmen ask to tax them. do you know in germany , switzerland and in fact in almost all european countries, cyclists are required to register and have small plate attached to their bikes in some of these cities. in some cities they are require to buy insurance in case of accident against pedestrians. in germany and switzerland if any of them is caught cycling against the flow or across zebra crossing, the TP would issue a fine on the spot of at least 120 euros. I have seen it happened many times.
Here in stinkieland the cyclists know they are anonymous and there are no TP anymore that's why they act like a pack of idiotic hyenas picking on solitary motorist to bully them like above. Fark them. how come you never see these groupies cornering those big lorry tippers or prime movers?? that's because they know the ah nehs and ah tiongs give no shit and would run over them if provoked. at most a few weeks in jail for these ah nehs. so these groupies behave like cowards. so don't come here to pontificate like an idiot. I drive any how I like as above so long as I do not break any traffic rules and you can do absolutely NOTHING about it. so fark off and suck your thumb asshole

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All bicycles should be banned from roads PERIOD. Sinkieland is no place for cyclists.....let them cycle in the parks.
While at it....ban motorbikes as well......and heavy vehicles ban from expressways and only can travel on roads during restricted timings.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You forgot the Dos.

On Safe Cycling Behaviours (DOs)
Always keep to the left hand edge of the roadway.

Notice the word ALWAYS?

Also, traffic rules stated very clearly that ...
8. Every bicycle shall be ridden close to the left hand edge of the roadway and in such a manner as not to obstruct vehicles moving at a faster speed.

That means if you are riding abreast with another cyclist, you should move to the left most edge to give way to fast-moving vehicles first and not obstruct them!

Which part of the simple rule 8 you don't understand?

No wonder these idiot cyclists get knock down. They don't even know the traffic rules they were on.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hopefully, sg doesn't go the way of san jose......where bike lanes are so wide they encourage fat lumps of turd on bicycles to ride two abreast of each other. this also encourages cyclists to compare whose boobs are bigger and whose nipples cross the finish line. :p

image.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not only are bike lanes getting green and wider in the bay area, cities are converting the fat lumps of turd lanes to 2-way lanes, allowing 4 fat lumps of turd to ride abreast of each other when all cyclists are going the same way.

image.jpg