• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Proof of NTUC fairprice overcharging (~62% more expensive).

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Proof of NTUC fairprice overcharging (~62% more expensive).

400g digestive biscuits from UK @ABC bargain mart: S$1.95 each (usu=$2.95).
bxWddYk.jpg

NTUC fairprice= S$3.15 (usual=$3.45)
ULimmnE.jpg

Both items= slightly different packaging style but bar code exactly = the same. BOTH are manufacture in same factory @ UK but the price @ NTUC fairprice is= 1.20/1.95= ~62% more...

PS: The ABC bargain product expires in at least 7 months to go (so it isn't like expiring soon kind).

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's why I never shop at CUNT
One area of overcharging is the toiletries department.
Go CUNT to see how much more expensive the daily stuff like shower gel and shampoo prices.....

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
99% of daily products more expensive than provision shop. I always remember CUNT selling milk powder ABOVE the official price set by the milk powder manufacturer. When promotion was buy 1.8kg free 400g, CUNT will open the standard packing and sell the small 400g can instead of giving it free to buyer. Fucking dishonest Co-Operative.:oIo:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
NTUC is basically Wolves in a sheep skin, Meiji milk Prime sells for $5.15,
NTUC $5.55... On Monday they pretend to give discount 3% to Pioneer
but the price are much higher than other Supermart!! WTF!!

NTUC items are mostly more expensive than other Supermart,
it's cheaper to buy without frills from Sheng Siong, Giant, Prime
and some times Cold Storage!!

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
99% of daily products more expensive than provision shop. I always remember CUNT selling milk powder ABOVE the official price set by the milk powder manufacturer. When promotion was buy 1.8kg free 400g, CUNT will open the standard packing and sell the small 400g can instead of giving it free to buyer. Fucking dishonest Co-Operative.:oIo:

wooden says :if no over charging i worry.

if not how to make big $ ???
it not how to give rebate to silly members ?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Indeed. Back in the day there were countless provision shops and mini marts in the heartlands. There was choice, variety and most importantly, diversity. There were also SaveWell and Emporium. Guess which entity drove them out of business?

Until Sinkies stop being Linkpoint whores, nothing will change.

And I'm still waiting for someone to investigate NTUC Fairprice for engaging in anti-competitive practices by selling their house brand products at a much lower price. :rolleyes:

25-Apr-Housebrand-Oils-Canola-Soya-Bean-Vegetable-Rice-Bran-Grapeseed-Olive-Peanut-550x659.jpg

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can someone enlighten me, is NTUC FARCEPRICE holding a co-operative license instead of a commercial one?? the taxes are different right?? & benefits too..if it is so...they are making obscene profits. Just like POSB in the past, they pay for a Savings Bank License, which is different from a commercial bank etc...for example, a local bank, pays ( back then) license fees as every Jan 1st to MAS ( auto deduct), $100,000 for HQ, $10,000 for every branch & $100 for every ATM machines... POSB Savings Bank license exempt them for many things..so I think NTUC FARCE price is to...

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Indeed. Back in the day there were countless provision shops and mini marts in the heartlands. There was choice, variety and most importantly, diversity. There were also SaveWell and Emporium. Guess which entity drove them out of business?

Until Sinkies stop being Linkpoint whores, nothing will change.

And I'm still waiting for someone to investigate NTUC Fairprice for engaging in anti-competitive practices by selling their house brand products at a much lower price. :rolleyes:

until papigs get voted out, no chance Unfairprice be haul up to court. linkpoint can do what? member fee $8 per month, need to buy how much from them monthly just to breakeven the membership fee?

I wont buy from CUNT unless the product I want is cheaper than outside and I only buy that item only. NO SO CALL HOUSEBRAND no matter how cheap they are.

most of time I buy from neighbourhood provision shops or wet market.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
NTUC is basically Wolves in a sheep skin, Meiji milk Prime sells for $5.15,
NTUC $5.55... On Monday they pretend to give discount 3% to Pioneer
but the price are much higher than other Supermart!! WTF!!

NTUC items are mostly more expensive than other Supermart,
it's cheaper to buy without frills from Sheng Siong, Giant, Prime
and some times Cold Storage!!

Go do a count on how many GM they have in this tiny company. They have a lot of fat cats to feed

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
BALONGLONG said:
Re thread (A1): Re: Proof of NTUC fairprice overcharging (~62% more expensive).
The country of manufacture could be different.I notice the Lifebouy shower gel is selling $6.90 at Prime SM whereas it costs $11plus at NTUC and Giant ($9.80).The cheaper one is made in Thailand and the other is from Indonesia.I do not think there is much different in the quality especially come to shower gel or hair shampoo.Food wise the taste can be vastly different.:smile:
Lifebuoy-Shower-Gel_packshot_450x450_tcm91-378082.jpg
PowerPeople said:
How can from same factory in uk? The packing already different.

Proof that McVites from NTUC and ABCbargain are both SAME: both have SAME bar codes and both are made in UK, have exactly same ingredients and nutrition information, just different Singapore importer: 3rd party in the case of NTUC, Radha imports in the case of ABC bargain..

P People: I cannot say where the factory in UK exactly is or if it is same factory (cos not stated anywhere): however, the bar codes, ingredient and nutritional information are EXACTLY the same, and so are the feedback email and contact nos: so standards MUST be same (otherwise how can McVites differentiate feedback???!!!) Maybe some NTUC staffs/directors got shares in Mondelez Singapore importers that is why price @ NTUC is jacked up so high, I dunno and will probably never be able to find out. AFAIK, I shall shun unfair-price as far as possible...

3UqQnqm.jpg
Above= latest purchase from ABCbargain (nov-dec2014), below= same thing (sl different packaging): bought from NTUC (unfair-price) prob mid2014.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did someone said I over charge?

And what is wrong with earning more money?

Attachments

• Seah Kian peng.jpg
    Seah Kian peng.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 644

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Freight costs amount to very little of the total cost considering items are shipped bulk, so the unit cost becomes just a mere fraction. In this case here for foods, other costs affect the final cost. At the end of the day, Singapore is an expensive place, and not just the fancy restaurants and bars, but regular day-to-day groceries can be pricey to when compared to other cities. Pasted here ( http://www.tnt-supermarket.com/en/weekly_special_popup.php )is a link to T&T Supermarket in Ontario if one is interested to compare, look at the price of rice (which is shipped there from Thailand - Can$12.99 for an 18 lb bag - is way cheaper than rice here in Singapore. I used rice because it is a common staple for Singapore, and T&T is a chain whose main customers are mostly Asians. Not complaining, but this is the way things are. And stuff in the US across the border from Canada are even cheaper!

Cheers!

Buy from UK of course cheap lah!

What is the shipping costs from UK to SGP?