• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Importance of winning AMK GRC - more important than the GE itself.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Someone wrote :

Wherever the opposition contests, the one and only GRC that must be conquered first is AMK GRC! Only then can there be a genuine change to the nation. Winning a couple of other GRCs or SMCs here and there will not bring the nation forward.

After I thought over these words, I agree with the writer's analysis. Winning Aljunid would not change the face of Singapore. Winning AMK will throw the country into a new path... with a new PAP leadership and vision. It would effectively set the country on a new path, away from the historical baggage of the Lee family.

This should be the aim of the Opposition.
This is for all Singaporeans.

Singaporeans must come first, not the interests of any political party, whether PAP or Opposition.....

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY snitched at WP to win one GRC and finally 1 GRC gone to WP. Expect more GRC to fall to Oppo include AMK not spared, LHL or not.

Even if LHL switched GRC he may not win nicely, If he win by more than 1-5% margin his party will ask him to step down. This was what LKY was afraid he win by 1-5% margin he know he is finished and in 1988 he change to GRC.

GRC was hsi own fear he win by poor margin he know his days are numbered. LKY is a coward himself.

Someone wrote :

Wherever the opposition contests, the one and only GRC that must be conquered first is AMK GRC! Only then can there be a genuine change to the nation. Winning a couple of other GRCs or SMCs here and there will not bring the nation forward.

After I thought over these words, I agree with the writer's analysis. Winning Aljunid would not change the face of Singapore. Winning AMK will throw the country into a new path... with a new PAP leadership and vision. It would effectively set the country on a new path, away from the historical baggage of the Lee family.

Singaporeans must come first, not the interests of any political party, whether PAP or Opposition.....

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Someone wrote :

The ground is fertile to end the PAP government. Time to think big. The PAP wants sinkees to believe that only they can form the government ...same story line over the years. It is time to destroy that narrative with this - we are supposed to have the smartest people to run the country and what have they delivered? Mediocre results - escalating cost of living that only the rich can afford, a unreliable MRT, expensive HDB flats, expensive healthcare and a ludicrous retirement scheme with the government pocketin 85 percent of the investment returns.

This election has to be fought on terms defined by the opposition, not by the PAP. The Opposition won't win playing by the PAP rules; since when has the PAP believed in a fair elections? Remember, PAP candidates violating election law? They will do it again as the AG won't prosecute them.

I only hope that the WP is up to the challenge, given their track record of timidity.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
even if you managed to defeat him, he will return and get voted in as nominated prime minister just like NMP.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LKY snitched at WP to win one GRC and finally 1 GRC gone to WP. Expect more GRC to fall to Oppo include AMK not spared, LHL or not.

Even if LHL switched GRC he may not win nicely, If he win by more than 1-5% margin his party will ask him to step down. This was what LKY was afraid he win by 1-5% margin he know he is finished and in 1988 he change to GRC.

GRC was hsi own fear he win by poor margin he know his days are numbered. LKY is a coward himself.

PAP ask Pinky to step down ???!!!.............that's like the dog asking its owner to sleep in the doghouse.........

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Impossible to win AMK GRC. Even if you have an opposition team comprising led by Gurmit Singh, Kong Hee and Zoe Tay, still cannot beat our PM Lee. We have hundreds of grassroots leaders to anchor our grassroots advisors.