• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man gets two weeks' jail for lying about address for daughter's Primary 1 registratio

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man gets two weeks' jail for lying about address for daughter's Primary 1 registration

By Amir Hussain

SINGAPORE - A self-employed man who lied about where he lived to get his daughter enrolled in a prestigious primary school was sentenced to two weeks' jail on Tuesday.
The nature of the offence is hard to detect and even a maximum fine would not be sufficient for deterrence, said District Judge Shaiffudin Saruwan.
The 35-year-old man, who cannot be named to protect his daughter's identity, is appealing against his sentence.
He pleaded guilty last month to giving false information to the school's principal on July 30, 2013.
A charge of lying to a police sergeant 10 days earlier to have the address on his identity card changed was taken into consideration.
The man indicated his address was within 1km to 2km of the school when he registered his daughter under Phase 2C of the Primary 1 registration exercise in 2013.
His identity card showed the address but the man actually lived in Balestier Road, which fell outside that radius.
The property at the address he provided belonged to his uncle's sister and had been rented out. His acts came to light when the Education Ministry visited the place.
The false information allowed his daughter to secure a place in the school. She was reportedly still enrolled there when he was charged on May 27 last year.
In his mitigation for a non-custodial sentence, defence lawyer Ramesh Tiwary said the man had a clean record and had never gotten into trouble with the law.
The man also intended to move into the address but was unable to do so because he was unable to contact the tenant, said Mr Tiwary.
For providing false information to a public servant, the man faced up to one year in jail, a fine of up to $5,000, or both.
In 2007, a lawyer was given 11 months' jail for forging and lying about his residential address in order to get his daughter into a reputable school in Bukit Timah.
[email protected]

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Man gets two weeks' jail for lying about address for daughter's Primary 1 registr

This guy must continue to vote for PAP.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: Man gets two weeks' jail for lying about address for daughter's Primary 1 registr

Guess which race.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

This sort of thing will not have happen if that man choose not to stay in sinkieland...

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

This type of things will not happen if housing were truly affordable

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset

Fully deserved it..must be the act of an opposition supporter!
you can tell from his actions.. only opposition supporters will commit such a despicable act and yet dont know how to cover his own ass :rolleyes:

This guy must continue to vote for PAP.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Fully deserved it..must be the act of an opposition supporter!
you can tell from his actions.. only opposition supporters will commit such a despicable act and yet dont know how to cover his own ass :rolleyes:
Well said. I have added to your points.

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset

thanks Mr leong. i am here to give a more balanced view.

some of the comments in this bbs are really skewed..
so someone has to do the dirty job of putting things in the correct place.. i hope u like what i am doing.. :wink: :biggrin:

Well said. I have added to your points.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

thanks Mr leong. i am here to give a more balanced view.

some of the comments in this bbs are really skewed..

Some of the comments in this forum are moronic for obvious reasons. The person who made them is a twit.