• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I ask you : what freedoms did Lee Kuan Yew take from us?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Calvin Cheng:
A opinion I am seeing making the rounds is the Mr. Lee Kuan Yee gave Singapore economic prosperity at the expense of liberty. This is the common myth propounded by Western liberals and their local stooges.

The freedom to slander and malign public figures ? Why would any civilised society want to do that ? Yet apart from this people still freely exercise their freedom to curse to die and insult the very man they say took away their freedom of speech.

You want the freedom to insult and make fun of other people's race and religion in the name of freedom of speech? If you do, you need to ask yourself what is wrong with you.

You want the freedom to riot, to spit, to urinate in lifts, to have ugly dried-up chewing gum plastering our pavements? The freedom to spray graffiti on public property, to vandalise, to protest outside other people's homes and businesses and disrupt their lives and livelihoods ? The freedom to litter, throw rubbish from our apartments?

For these are all examples given by these liberals and their stooges of how 'draconian' our society is.

If these are the 'freedoms' we had to give up for a prosperous, stable country, then not only do I say no great loss, but more, even if you say we should get them now, I say take these awful ideals back to your own societies and stay away from mine.

The freedom to take back our CPF at age 55 which he and his god forsaken PAP had promise..

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Calvin Cheng:
A opinion I am seeing making the rounds is the Mr. Lee Kuan Yee gave Singapore economic prosperity at the expense of liberty. This is the common myth propounded by Western liberals and their local stooges.

The freedom to slander and malign public figures ? Why would any civilised society want to do that ? Yet apart from this people still freely exercise their freedom to curse to die and insult the very man they say took away their freedom of speech.

You want the freedom to insult and make fun of other people's race and religion in the name of freedom of speech? If you do, you need to ask yourself what is wrong with you.

You want the freedom to riot, to spit, to urinate in lifts, to have ugly dried-up chewing gum plastering our pavements? The freedom to spray graffiti on public property, to vandalise, to protest outside other people's homes and businesses and disrupt their lives and livelihoods ? The freedom to litter, throw rubbish from our apartments?

For these are all examples given by these liberals and their stooges of how 'draconian' our society is.

If these are the 'freedoms' we had to give up for a prosperous, stable country, then not only do I say no great loss, but more, even if you say we should get them now, I say take these awful ideals back to your own societies and stay away from mine.

He basically took away our freedom to choose. He reckoned he knew best. Nevermind what the people think. He also had no qualm about suspending democratic norms and processes whenever he saw fit.

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed -
Martin Luther King, Jr.