• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Whatsapp..... How does it work?

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tried using whatsapp to send photos, was very amaze that it was received almost instanteously be the other party. Wonder how they do it? The program I mean, and have noticed apart from the Internet data being used, how do they make money from this app.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tried using whatsapp to send photos, was very amaze that it was received almost instanteously be the other party. Wonder how they do it? The program I mean, and have noticed apart from the Internet data being used, how do they make money from this app.

They are making money from Whatsapp.

http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/general/23014681

What are WhatsApp's subscription fees?

We want WhatsApp to be about communication with your friends and family, so we will never bother you with ads. Read more about our stance on advertisements here. We do have small subscription fees, however. Please note that WhatsApp will never automatically charge you for your subscription.

For all phone types, WhatsApp is free to download and try for the first year. After, you have the option of extending your subscription for $0.99 USD per year.

Subscriptions are cumulative, so if you pay for an additional year of service, it will add to your current subscription or free year-long trial. There is no difference between the free and paid versions of WhatsApp other than the length of service. Note: Deleting and reinstalling WhatsApp does not reset your subscription.

WhatsApp.jpg

With all the 'free' online apps, games and services, apart from paid subscriptions there's basically two main ways they make money:

1) Selling you extra features (e.g. stickers in LINE, cash shop items in free MMO games).

2) Data mine you to deliver advertising to you (Google services, Facebook).

erection201l

Alfrescian
Loyal

photos are compressed before sent.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
anyone knows how to send big size videos in WeChat ? think it has a limit of 20mb per video. is there an app to upload big size videos for easy viewing in WeChat ?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
before whatsapp is msn messenger on cell phones, see how smartly they convert the programm into an app and sell them for billion.:cool:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the best person to answer your question is none other than narong, he is an expert in crashing in his friends whatsapp, pardon his stupidity.:biggrin:

ByTheWay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the best person to answer your question is none other than narong, he is an expert in crashing in his friends whatsapp, pardon his stupidity.:biggrin:

By the way i will zap u in the next 48 hours since u have nothing to back up your argument except repeating the same old shit. I started a thread on WhatsApp crashing discovered by an Indian IT. Cheers

Decepticon

Alfrescian
Loyal

You wanna play childish infraction game with me? See what clone i use to infract u. I have plenty of unfancied clones with (Inf) so i will flood your PM box and make u busy every 15 mins to half an hour. :biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dumbfuck attention whore Krafty couldn't resist a cheap shot and got self pwned.

Whasapp really worth 19bn?
Many competitors snapping at LTA heels.

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to krafty again.

how to spread some Reputation

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tried using whatsapp to send photos, was very amaze that it was received almost instanteously be the other party.

is that so? I sent pictures to my friend at 7 PM, we were sitting face to face, she received them after midnight.
and very often a simple messages without picture take half a day or more to get thru, either local or oversea.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
is that so? I sent pictures to my friend at 7 PM, we were sitting face to face, she received them after midnight.
and very often a simple messages without picture take half a day or more to get thru, either local or oversea.

Yes it is, sent out the photo to her and immediately she received it. Not sure if it has to do with the telcos though. It's better than the crap MMS that you will have to log on to retrieve whatever is being sent.

I recall once when I was in the US and a friend sent me a photo, received it almost immediately too, but with the hotel wifi. Not on those telcos 3G/4g roaming services.