• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

money or sex...?

money or sex is more important to you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
two things are most important in life: money and time. they change everything and triumph over everything.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TS phrased question wrong liao......
Should be....how much then you will be willing to cut off your dick like an enunch?

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dare say without a shadow of a doubt my preference would be for having tons of the stuff that grants me the "wherewithal to act":

The English word finance comes originally from the Latin "finis" meaning an end; and latterly the modern sense of the word comes from the French verb "finer" meaning "to end or settle", and the French noun "fin" meaning "an end". The pecuniary connotations of the word "finance" derive from its later sense of the activity of "settling a debt". So, when a debt was settled, it was "finished". By 1494 the word "finance was used more particularly to refer to a person who was required "to pay a ransom". So, a kidnapping would be "finished" when the ransom was paid. In raising ransoms, for example, the ransom needed to release Richard I from imprisonment in Austria in the 12th century, required the levying of taxes and borrowing or taking money from a number places: in that sense, the ransom itself had to be financed. By 1555, the term "finance" was used to refer to the "fineness" of gold - at that time the most important measure of money. The worth of gold was linked to its quality, or its "fineness". By 1866 a more familiar meaning (to modern ears) of the word "finance" had developed: that is, "to furnish with finances and to find capital for" an activity. So in discussing finance we are concerned with using finance so as to achieve a goal: that is, the wherewithal to act so as to make a goal possible. As in the Latin meaning of "finis", the role of "finance" is to finish or complete an objective by providing the monetary wherewithal to do it.

Multiple choice question, above passage was:

(a) written by Asterix because he is such a smart ass;

(b) copied from somewhere because Asterix is such a lazy bum;

(c) none of the above.

Last edited:

Zatoichi

Alfrescian
Loyal
...above passage was:

(a) written by Asterix because he is such a smart ass;
I did a quick search, and couldn't find it anywhere else on the internet; so I guess you must have written it yourself, based on what you've learnt before, of course.

By the way, besides being "smart", are you also good at martial arts, like the guy in your avatar?

[video=youtube;cWj-zU8koes]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWj-zU8koes[/video]

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Correct answer is (b), but the author who wrote made entensive references to the Oxford Shorter English Dictionary, so he also copy from other people. By the way, that dictionary is not short at all, these English people! I have a crush on this So-So-No!

[video=youtube;fofTmWfuZSM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fofTmWfuZSM[/video]