• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My $600 mistake CUCKOO rice cooker from South Korea

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they have charcoal coating.

You're a twit. The charcoal coating is just a fad, purported to have anti-bacterial properties that prevent contamination when keeping rice warm. It's not imparting a flavour.:rolleyes:

Cooking on charcoal fire imparts a burnt coal flavour.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that's the additional cladding at the bottom. it's about half an inch thick. you need cladding at the bottom not to burn your rice. that small pot has been with me for 30 years to be exact. i bought the whole amc system in 1985.

I sometimes cooked rice with the clay pot. I don't think it is my imagination. think the clay pot rice really tasted better than rice cooked from the rice cooker or the pressure cooker.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
you forget to use Korean rice only.

So long story short, i eat rice everyday. I have an $120 Toshiba normal rice cooker. Very happy with the rice cooked from it.
But I was in South Korea and visit their shop Emarkt. Notice they have very high tech rice cooker.
IH- induction heating, pressure cooker build in a very nice looking cooker. So, I bought it thinking it will be worth it in the long run. Even if it cost $600.

But the rice cooked from it is very sticky. The grain stick to each other. Even in the least sticky mode - which is 1. I think - all in korean.
There is very sticky mode and also mode where it burn the rice at the bottom turning it yellow.
Somehow the korea think it is best rice. I do not like it at all.

Does anyone know how to set it so that i can have rice like my $120 toshiba normal rice cooker. From my expensive IH pressure rice cooker.

ah_info_0001.jpg

ah_info_0000.jpg

ah_info_0009.jpg

ah_info_0003.jpg

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's extremely important and relevant to publish our condom brands on sbf.

Don't forget to ask "what's the race" first, before you publish condom for sale here...some here, according to duress survey....have sizes smaller than the NORMALLY SOLD off the shelves brands...

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I sometimes cooked rice with the clay pot. I don't think it is my imagination. think the clay pot rice really tasted better than rice cooked from the rice cooker or the pressure cooker.

don't know why. might be something in the clay. equalisation would say it's the fossilized earthworm.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't forget to ask "what's the race" first, before you publish condom for sale here...some here, according to duress survey....have sizes smaller than the NORMALLY SOLD off the shelves brands...

do you mean "durex", and they don't make condoms for boys with peewee dicks? :p

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wonder why this moron singh veld wants to start a thread about his stupid rice cooker. What next? What dentures he's wearing? What brand of diapers he has on?

i was asking people to help program this cooker.
you are a fxxking moron to post photo of parent losing their daughter in an accident.
You are a disgrace to common decency. Your parent should cut off your internet and kick you out of their house.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You're a twit. The charcoal coating is just a fad, purported to have anti-bacterial properties that prevent contamination when keeping rice warm. It's not imparting a flavour.:rolleyes:

Cooking on charcoal fire imparts a burnt coal flavour.

this is 21 century. who use charcoal at home to cook? Trying to commit suicide?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

talk about claypot. There used to be a restaurant in Far east plaza, on the fourth floor with claypot rice. I like that dish. But it was long gone.

spinn

Alfrescian
Loyal
of course, i'm totally prepared to out-survive a devastating earthquake in my backyard for at least a month. i always have my tent, generator, fuel, propane tanks, cooker, burner, firewood stove (last resort after propane runs out), water, distillation system, food, tools, safety kit, medical supplies, and small arms on standby in both my garage and backyard storage hut. you just reminded me to change my carton of canned soup. the best before date has probably expired.

haha. you in fukushima?:smile::smile:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that's the additional cladding at the bottom. it's about half an inch thick. you need cladding at the bottom not to burn your rice. that small pot has been with me for 30 years to be exact. i bought the whole amc system in 1985.

1985, that a fun time on tv.
wwf.jpg

spinn

Alfrescian
Loyal
I use Zojirushi. Do you know why the brown rice still need about 45mins? any way to cook faster? Any guide regarding the water level for two person or smaller portions? My brown rice come out mushy:(

i tried once, and this is the comparison: white rice 3 cups, water level in cooker just above 0.4l mark, cooking time = 13 min. brown rice 3 cups (organic naturel), water level 0.7l mark, cooking time = 33 min, came out ok, but on the soft side.

cooking small quantities of brown rice in a cooker is more difficult bcus of high heat & grain is too opaque to judge if it is almost done. cooking in a pot with a heavy bottom might give better results but many may find this a hassle. so the next best thing is to reduce the water & try again.

to reduce caking, off the keep warm feature or remove the heat when the water has dried up.:smile:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i was asking people to help program this cooker.
you are a fxxking moron to post photo of parent losing their daughter in an accident.
You are a disgrace to common decency. Your parent should cut off your internet and kick you out of their house.

You think this is a tech forum. Also you don't even know how to program a cooker? It didn't come with the instructions or did you find it in a little india alleyway?

I'm reporting the news. I don't create the news you dumb ass singh veld.

edit: I see that everything is in korean who knows maybe the instructions are in korean so care to tell me who in this forum knows how to read korean? This being a sinkie forum. See what a moron you are.

spinn

Alfrescian
Loyal
I use Zojirushi. Do you know why the brown rice still need about 45mins? any way to cook faster? Any guide regarding the water level for two person or smaller portions? My brown rice come out mushy:(

tried once, here is comparison: white rice 3 cups water level just over 0.4l mark cooking time = 12 min; brown rice (organic naturel) 3 cups water level 0.7l mark cooking time = 33 min. came out ok but on soft side.

brown rice is a bit more difficult to see if it is almost done bcus its more opaque. better to use pot with heavy bottom for small quantities but may be a hassle. so reduce the water & try again.

to reduce caking, turn off the keep warm feature or remove heat once the water has dried up.:smile: