• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My $600 mistake CUCKOO rice cooker from South Korea

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, the Koreans are just a insular, uncouth martial tribe ensconced in N.E. Asia, constantly warring with the other neighbouring tribes like the Manchus, Jurchens, Khitans and Mongols. Also, years of paying obeisance to China as a vassal state and living on borrowed Chinese culture have given them a huge inferiority complex.

Now that they've made it to the developed league, their lack of culture and civilization is manifested in their boorish manner and hyper-nationalistic (xenophobic and racist) behaviour. The inferiority complex is manifested in their repeatedly appropriating elements of Chinese culture (written language, medicine, historical personages) as their own, even distorting historical facts to suit their agenda of aggrandizing their relatively atavistic cultural heritage.

At least the Koreans are not barred from Thai toilets.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singveld, my 26 year old National rice cooker may not look as sexy but delivers the best rice each and everyday without fail. You asked for it.

26 years old. come on, maybe you should move into the 21 the century. It is not the 20th century.
when you bought that.
They are showing this on tv
wwf.jpg

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i bet no one knows how to cook rice without a rice cooker.

Yes, I CAN!...the old method I learnt from my mother was, to fill the water, slightly above the level of rice you are going to cook; but this method, has a drawback....you have to be accurate on that level of water or you either get a pot of well cook rice or too much water, soft rice. Remember to wash the rice first.

The other method, which in later years I learnt & wonder, about the cup that come along with the rice cooker & I ask my friend, who cook regularly. I found out that, one container, whether it is a bowl, a cup...anything that fill up your rice with, you fill up with an equivalent amount of water, you get a well cooked pot of rice. Doesn't matter, if you don't use the rice cooker....example: 1 ceramic mug of rice filled=1 ceramic mug of water & just cook, cover the lid!.

If using the rice cooker, same principle apply.....

spinn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I CAN!...the old method I learnt from my mother was, to fill the water, slightly above the level of rice you are going to cook; but this method, has a drawback....you have to be accurate on that level of water or you either get a pot of well cook rice or too much water, soft rice. Remember to wash the rice first.

The other method, which in later years I learnt & wonder, about the cup that come along with the rice cooker & I ask my friend, who cook regularly. I found out that, one container, whether it is a bowl, a cup...anything that fill up your rice with, you fill up with an equivalent amount of water, you get a well cooked pot of rice. Doesn't matter, if you don't use the rice cooker....example: 1 ceramic mug of rice filled=1 ceramic mug of water & just cook, cover the lid!.

If using the rice cooker, same principle apply.....

very good, but there is a fail safe method ...

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
cockanathan u...Daiso sells this for 2 bucks lah.

the made in china plastic version goes for 2 bucks. the clay pot version is a limited special item that goes for $8 plus tax. it's perfect for slow cooking directly on a stovetop.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wonder why this moron singh veld wants to start a thread about his stupid rice cooker. What next? What dentures he's wearing? What brand of diapers he has on?

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my alternate pot for cooking rice is a small stainless steel pot with cladding at the bottom.

what is cladding at the bottom ? I was told not to use a common stainless steel pot to cook rice, that would burn the bottom of the pot. one should cook rice with a heavy bottom pot.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
very good. now try cooking over a firewood stove. of course i assume that you get it right everytime.

of course, i'm totally prepared to out-survive a devastating earthquake in my backyard for at least a month. i always have my tent, generator, fuel, propane tanks, cooker, burner, firewood stove (last resort after propane runs out), water, distillation system, food, tools, safety kit, medical supplies, and small arms on standby in both my garage and backyard storage hut. you just reminded me to change my carton of canned soup. the best before date has probably expired.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what is cladding at the bottom ? I was told not to use a common stainless steel pot to cook rice, that would burn the bottom of the pot. you have to cook rice with a heavy bottom pot.

that's the additional cladding at the bottom. it's about half an inch thick. you need cladding at the bottom not to burn your rice. that small pot has been with me for 30 years to be exact. i bought the whole amc system in 1985.