• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My $600 mistake CUCKOO rice cooker from South Korea

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The best rice cooker is the humble Chinese claypot. My grandma used to cook her rice in a claypot over a charcoal stove every meal. Still the best rice I've ever tasted. Cleaning is a chore though – have to scrape the burnt rice off.

The second best rice cooker is the Japanese electric rice cooker. I'm using Zojirushi, which invented the 'stay warm' function. Makes a perfect pot of rice every time. National is also pretty good.

Stay away from Korean cookers, and Korean stuff in general.

my new rice cooker have high power mode that do that. all the rice in the bottom is yellow.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why you paid $600 for a rice cooker ? they are so cheap now.

It is a high tech.

Smart Induction heating.
pressurise like a pressure cooker.
high quality build and design.

i thought i have better rice. Jesus, i did not expect worse rice to me.

nycheong

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is a high tech.

Smart Induction heating.
pressurise like a pressure cooker.
high quality build and design.

i thought i have better rice. Jesus, i did not expect worse rice to me.

Try using all the algorithm mode. Hope one of them work for you. The problem with this cooker is it is using induction heat to envelop the pot. Infact it acts like an convection oven. Do not temper with the seal/valves or gasket. Just keep the steam exhaust outlet clear the hissing noise should be softer.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my new rice cooker have high power mode that do that. all the rice in the bottom is yellow.

No rice cooker, no matter how sophisticated, can replicate rice cooked in a claypot on a charcoal fire. The coal flavour imparted to the rice cannot be achieved by electrical heating – that's common sense. Why do you think the Chinese and Japanese still insist on cooking some dishes in claypot?

Try cooking 瓦煲饭 (HK 煲仔饭) in your $600 cooker and get back to us. :wink:

Don't be a sucker for technology. An appliance that's purported to do 10 things in one can probably do all those 10 things – badly. I've been conned many times in the past by claims of instant cappuccino to magic frying to the 10-minute bake. Besides, the Koreans tend to overhype their marketing ... the only thing they've really got right is their Happycall cookware, which has rightly achieved international acclaim.

Last edited:

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought if i pay more for high tech gizmo, my rice will taste better. I cannot return it to Seoul.
What to do. It must have a mode to cook like cheap rice cooker.
How do i disable the pressurise feature.

Anyone here own a cuckoo rice cooker?
There must be someone. Help.

Well dear Singveld, here you are no different from those pap idiots, thinking that big money will get you better people.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No rice cooker, no matter how sophisticated, can replicate rice cooked in a claypot on a charcoal fire. The coal flavour imparted to the rice cannot be achieved by electrical heating – that's common sense. Why do you think the Chinese and Japanese still insist on cooking some dishes in claypot?

Try cooking 瓦煲饭 (HK 煲仔饭) in your $600 cooker and get back to us. :wink:

Don't be a sucker for technology. An appliance that's purported to do 10 things in one can probably do all those 10 things – badly. I've been conned many times in the past by claims of instant cappuccino to magic frying to the 10-minute bake. Besides, the Koreans tend to overhype their marketing ... the only thing they've really got right is their Happycall cookware, which has rightly achieved international acclaim.

they have charcoal coating
2015-01-21%2014-00-04.jpg

and high energy mode which burn your rice.
With their expensive rice cooker, they will make the same rice without extra cleaning.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only a dumbfcuk will pay 600 bucks for a rice cooker. Lol

i did not even bought the top model, the top model cost $800.
It can make bread, warm take away food - very well. it can communicate with my old galaxy phone with NFC.
the design is beautiful - like a motorcycle helmet.

everything great except make the rice i like.