• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My $600 mistake CUCKOO rice cooker from South Korea

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So long story short, i eat rice everyday. I have an $120 Toshiba normal rice cooker. Very happy with the rice cooked from it.
But I was in South Korea and visit their shop Emarkt. Notice they have very high tech rice cooker.
IH- induction heating, pressure cooker build in a very nice looking cooker. So, I bought it thinking it will be worth it in the long run. Even if it cost $600.

But the rice cooked from it is very sticky. The grain stick to each other. Even in the least sticky mode - which is 1. I think - all in korean.
There is very sticky mode and also mode where it burn the rice at the bottom turning it yellow.
Somehow the korea think it is best rice. I do not like it at all.

Does anyone know how to set it so that i can have rice like my $120 toshiba normal rice cooker. From my expensive IH pressure rice cooker.

ah_info_0001.jpg

ah_info_0000.jpg

ah_info_0009.jpg

ah_info_0003.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they designed it for dol sot bi bim bop, gungnum style. rice is semi-burnt and crunchy at the bottom and side, in contact with the bowl of hot stone.

image.jpg

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
i never like anything about Korea

the food sucks and the people rude
it is a fuck up country unlike my dear Singapore and of course the mighty USA :wink:

So long story short, i eat rice everyday. I have an $120 Toshiba normal rice cooker. Very happy with the rice cooked from it.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singveld, my 26 year old National rice cooker may not look as sexy but delivers the best rice each and everyday without fail. You asked for it.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they designed it for dol sot bi bim bop, gungnum style. rice is semi-burnt and crunchy at the bottom and side, in contact with the bowl of hot stone.

View attachment 19753

I dun like that. I do not like gangnam style rice. I want the rice i being eaten since young. Please if anyone own korea IH pressure rice cooker, cuckoo one, tell me how to program it.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singveld, my 26 year old National rice cooker may not look as sexy but delivers the best rice each and everyday without fail. You asked for it.

I thought if i pay more for high tech gizmo, my rice will taste better. I cannot return it to Seoul.
What to do. It must have a mode to cook like cheap rice cooker.
How do i disable the pressurise feature.

Anyone here own a cuckoo rice cooker?
There must be someone. Help.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
also one thing, because of the pressurise feature it is very noisy.
it sound like a steam train in my house.
Keep hearing chu chu chu sound, then it play a rock tune. Then it expulse all the steam in one loud CHU.
when finish it play cuckoo tune. CUCKOO!!!

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not the same but interface almost the same.

Anyone ? know how to disable soft - sticky feature. I cannot find it.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dun like that. I do not like gangnam style rice. I want the rice i being eaten since young. Please if anyone own korea IH pressure rice cooker, cuckoo one, tell me how to program it.

use less water. in the specially-coated inner pot with markings, don't use the leftmost "glutinous rice" markings for the amount of water. use the "brown rice" marking, 2nd from right. you may only fill up to 6 notches for water instead of 10 for glutinous rice, for example. at the front panel, select "rice type" on the menu, and keep pressing until you get "brown rice". i believe rice types include glutinous rice (korean style), sushi rice (also sticky), mixed rice (less sticky), gaba (same as mixed rice), and brown rice (least sticky). it doesn't have options for jasmine or basmati rice (fluffy and less sticky than brown rice). consume probiotics after your meal so your shit will not be too sticky. good luck!

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
use less water. in the specially-coated inner pot with markings, don't use the leftmost "glutinous rice" markings for the amount of water. use the "brown rice" marking, 2nd from right. you may only fill up to 6 notches for water instead of 10 for glutinous rice, for example. at the front panel, select "rice type" on the menu, and keep pressing until you get "brown rice". i believe rice types include glutinous rice (korean style), sushi rice (also sticky), mixed rice (less sticky), gaba (same as mixed rice), and brown rice (least sticky). it doesn't have options for jasmine or basmati rice (fluffy and less sticky than brown rice). consume probiotics after your meal so your shit will not be too sticky. good luck!

do you have a induction heating pressure rice cooker? What is your model? OK, i will try your suggestion.
But i did tried all the mode, the quick menu is default number based on cuckoo custom made rice
https://www.reishunger.de/media/wysiwyg/lexikon/attachments/CRP-M1059F_Druckreiskocher_gross.pdf
page 20, i find 1 is least sticky.
brown rice is different type of grain , gaba rice, not thai rice.

basically all is sticky, either soft or sweet.
I will try to reduce water level.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Premium citizen like you have to lower yourself to ask ordinary citizen like us this simple question :rolleyes:

Coat the pot with Vaseline lah, problem solved