• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fiat - the least dependable car brand

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not surprised to read the survev results below. Toyota and Honda are consistently well regarded, and are the two brands that will come to mind when the decision to buy a car comes. Sorry for Fiat, not interested even if it was offered to be given to me for free.

Cheers!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...ependable-car-brand-jd-power/article23210389/

Fiat the least dependable car brand: J.D. Power

Dee-Ann Durbin
Detroit — The Associated Press
Published Thursday, Feb. 26 2015, 8:25 AM EST
Last updated Thursday, Feb. 26 2015, 12:57 PM EST

Lexus is the most dependable car brand for the fourth consecutive year in rankings that increasingly hinge on high-tech features.
Buick finished second, followed by Toyota and Cadillac. Honda and Porsche tied to round out the top five spots in the annual survey, released Wednesday by the consulting firm J.D. Power. The survey asked original owners of vehicles from the 2012 model year about problems experienced in the last year.
Lexus owners reported 89 problems per 100 vehicles; the industry average was 147 problems. Fiat was the worst performing brand, with 273 problems per 100 vehicles. Land Rover, Jeep, Mini and Dodge rounded out the bottom five performers.
The top two complaints were technical ones: inability to pair phones to the car and trouble with voice recognition systems, which often misunderstood drivers’ commands. That’s a change from past years, when design problems like wind noise or mechanical issues like squeaky brakes topped the list.
J.D. Power spokesman John Tews said it’s difficult to compare the results to prior years, since J.D. Power changed this year’s survey to include more specific questions about technology. But it’s clear that high-tech features — and owners’ expectations about how they will perform — are increasingly important to overall perceptions of quality.
J.D. Power said 15 per cent of respondents avoided a model because it lacked new technology, up from 4 per cent in last year’s survey.
“Owners clearly want the latest technology in their vehicles, and they don’t hesitate to express their disapproval when it doesn’t work,” said Renee Stephens, vice-president of U.S. automotive at J.D. Power.
Wind noise was the third most reported problem on this year’s list, followed by hesitating automatic transmissions and excessive road noise.
The rankings are important to automakers, since unhappy customers are more likely to shop other brands when they buy their next vehicle. J.D. Power said 56 per cent of owners who reported no problems with their vehicles said they will purchase the same brand next time.
In rankings of individual vehicles, General Motors Co. and Toyota Motor Corp. tied with seven segment winners each. GM’s Chevrolet Malibu was the most dependable midsize car, while the Toyota Corolla was the highest ranked small car.
More than 34,000 vehicle owners were surveyed for the study in November and December. J.D. Power has been conducting the dependability study since 1989.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
This is hardly earth shattering news. It's the same results year in year out from various independent publications. Here's the results from Consumer Reports USA which I subscribe to.

Attachments

• CRO_Cars_2014_Reliability_Chart_10-14.png
    CRO_Cars_2014_Reliability_Chart_10-14.png
    45 KB · Views: 650

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not surprised to read the survev results below. Toyota and Honda are consistently well regarded, and are the two brands that will come to mind when the decision to buy a car comes. Sorry for Fiat, not interested even if it was offered to be given to me for free.

Cheers!

free don't want? I want free fiat lor. any model as long free. rosak just dump away lor since free.:biggrin:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's better now that we have these data available. I got to know the crappiness of continental cars first hand - an uncle of mine bought a Fiat 124 Sports in the 80s, and it was a shitty car. I myself bought an Alfa Romeo some years later and felt like shit each time the tow truck came to take it away as it lay dead in the morning, unable to start and me having to catch a taxi to work. The best car I have ever owned was a humble little Toyota Starlet (998 c.c.) which provided me maintenance free commuting for the five years I owned it, other than oil/filter change and gasoline, nothing else was needed.

Cheers!

This is hardly earth shattering news. It's the same results year in year out from various independent publications. Here's the results from Consumer Reports USA which I subscribe to.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only reason I may consider a Merc would be for status if I were a towkay. Still, it'd be difficult to beat a Lexus for that purpose. I do not and have not owned a Merc before, but I can imagine the workshop owner smiling each time one is brought in for repair or service!

Cheers!

Wahhhhhh ! Mercedes bottom 5. Why ?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Might sound strange, but I ain't joking here, I seriously would not want a Fiat. Getting rid of it isn't easy. I do not have space to park it, do not want to spend time cleaning, maintaining it. It is a piece of shit. Don't mean to offend any Fiat owners, I just don't want unnecessary problems.

Cheers!

free don't want? I want free fiat lor. any model as long free. rosak just dump away lor since free.:biggrin:

Alessandro Matri

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's better now that we have these data available. I got to know the crappiness of continental cars first hand - an uncle of mine bought a Fiat 124 Sports in the 80s, and it was a shitty car. I myself bought an Alfa Romeo some years later and felt like shit each time the tow truck came to take it away as it lay dead in the morning, unable to start and me having to catch a taxi to work. The best car I have ever owned was a humble little Toyota Starlet (998 c.c.) which provided me maintenance free commuting for the five years I owned it, other than oil/filter change and gasoline, nothing else was needed.

Cheers!

Pai tow ho lah! Anytime better than Toyota ! :biggrin:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fren, not me. Others might feel good to own expensive things, I am not in that league. As a salaried man, I only look forward to owning things within my means. On this topic, say if I were the owner of a company, then my "chariot" should stand out in the parking lot as the most expensive as a display of prosperity to give a good image, for this reason an expensive Merc may suit the purpose. But like I already mentioned, I will likely select a Lexus.

Cheers!

How does owning an overpriced piece of shit which is forever breaking down accord you any sort of status?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cheers!

My 1st car was a 2nd hand Toyota Tercel hatchback. It was a great car:smile: I used it to tour around Canada & US. Although it was a 2nd hand car it performed flawlessly. When I was driving to Las Vegas, I saw cars that had to stop because of over heating, but the Tercel just kept on going:eek: I also used it in winter without any winterizing, using the same tires & oil:smile:

It is also very efficient I didn't even have to top up the engine oil. Had great mileage too. When I finally sold it , I was able to sell it for less than $500 from what I had originally paid for it.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Who believes JD Powers? Its a shit useless company that sells their "research" to automobile companies to use in their advertising, a clear conflict of interest.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

U mean consumer reports will deliver to singapore?