• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tharman silent on PME issues, the hollowing of economy

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What about the Indian Chiefs? Would Singaporeans be good enough only to be little Indians and the Indian Chiefs would still come from non Singaporeans, the so called foreign talents? Is our top world class education system and tertiary institutions real or just hogwash? Why is it that our graduates from these world class universities not making it to the top but being replaced by wild oats from God knows where and definitely not world class universities except those from the North? Do we believe in the quality of our education system, that our graduates should fill the top positions in govt and in the private sector?

Apart from the fetish craze that ang mohs and foreigners are the best, and the colonial mentality that we are daft remnants or descendants of the British colonial regime, the leftovers, what is wrong with our people that they cannot become Indian Chiefs in their own country while most of these positions have to be filled by foreigners from banking and finance to sports and recreation? Many of these top positions do not require geniuses to do the job and many of the foreigners are not genius either but the average Joe in their country. Why are our top talents found wanting and being discarded?

Many years back, the finance industry was filled by our own local talents when there were govt initiatives and policies to ensure that. What is missing today? If we could do it then, we must be able to do better with our world class universities and top grade students. Where is the political will and decision to ensure that our own talents become the Indian Chiefs and not some unknown wild oats given a pink IC or not necessary even?

The budget did not mention anything about creating more true blue Indian Chiefs. The policy of bringing in more foreign Indian Chiefs and allowing govt and private sectors to fill the Indian Chief positions as they like is unchanged. The restructuring has left this out completely. Would the future Singapore be controlled and run by foreign Indian Chiefs with Singaporeans providing the little Indians and running around like little Indians and be happy with the situation as long as there are cheap handouts from the Govt?

More.......http://www.tremeritus.com/2015/02/26/a-handout-budget-but-something-missing/

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A 24-year old Norwegian oil rig mechanic loses job in Norway. He comes over to sinkapore as a foreign talent.

The PAP tells us that there is no sinkee in the oil industry who has more experience than this young punk.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ass Loon son is ever so afraid of losing power to smarter SGs. Hence, his need to replace SGs with FTrash, so that she can domicile SGs forever. The interesting though is that 60% Dafties enjoy being slaves to her Familee.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just had an epiphany. You know when the government keeps asking people not to criticize but offer constructive suggestions? Well we already know they don't have answers. Why focus on them? Better for us to focus on people who we think have answers. Learn from the government. Don't go with emotions (positive or negative). Go with your heads. Who can come up with a reasonable plan? Get them in. In other words why keep criticizing the PAP endlessly. Doing so just means we either think they can reform or we have no choice but to put up with them. So the question is, what do we really think ? Is there a real choice ? Who would this be ?

For my money, man for man, there is nobody in the current lineup who is indispensable. In other words, somewhere in Singapore there will be suitable people, maybe better. I don't see much teamwork in the current bunch. So what's the loss ? PAP might perform better as an opposition party. We never know.

Last edited:

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
For my money, man for man, there is nobody in the current lineup who is indispensable. In other words, somewhere in Singapore there will be suitable people, maybe better. I don't see much teamwork in the current bunch....
May I suggest you read up a bit on how dictators think and what the characteristics of authoritarian regimes are :smile:

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I suggest you read up a bit on how dictators think and what the characteristics of authoritarian regimes are :smile:

We have had a chance to view dictatorship up close. For all their complaints, do Singaporeans really want freedom ? Or do they fear it ? That's my question. The issue is not the PAP nor their shortcomings. It is what people really want .