• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More Singaporeans downbeat about personal finances as Year of the Goat rolls in

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Less than a third of households are positive about their outlook.
More Singaporeans are pessimistic about the state of their personal finances in February, the ANZ-Roy Morgan Consumer Confidence Index revealed today.
The ANZ-Roy Morgan Singapore Consumer Confidence has fallen by 2.1 points to 120.7 in February, due mainly to less confidence about personal finances over the next 12 months.
In terms of personal finances, the number of respondents who said that their families are ‘better off’ financially than a year ago dropped by two percentage points to 27%, while 11% of respondents said their families are ‘better off’ financially, up 1 percentage point.

https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/more-singaporeans-downbeat-personal-finances-070400453.html

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you really want to know how business is doing just go to Sim Lim, The top floor is almost like a ghost town. There are plenty of vacant shops for rent or sale on all the floors. Even on the ground floor there are vacant stores. I've never seen it so bad.

When I walk around the shop keeper are so desperate that they ask if they can help me :eek: This is when I am just passing the stores & not even stepping into their stores.:eek::eek:

The PAP has been routinely jacking up costs in Spore making it much more expensive then our neighbours. In the past I knew many Indonesians that would come to Spore to shop but now many are telling me that the prices are not cheap.

I think LHL has finally cooked the golden goose.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
over the last year, i have seen goldsmith closing shop...:eek:

If you really want to know how business is doing just go to Sim Lim, The top floor is almost like a ghost town. There are plenty of vacant shops for rent or sale on all the floors. Even on the ground floor there are vacant stores. I've never seen it so bad.

When I walk around the shop keeper are so desperate that they ask if they can help me :eek: This is when I am just passing the stores & not even stepping into their stores.:eek::eek:

The PAP has been routinely jacking up costs in Spore making it much more expensive then our neighbours. In the past I knew many Indonesians that would come to Spore to shop but now many are telling me that the prices are not cheap.

I think LHL has finally cooked the golden goose.