• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fucktard Minister Tharm says "Being Robin Hood is not our strategy" LOL

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I thought they were running the Robin Hood Strategy for years. Robbing the poor to give to themselves.

Mr Tharman said: "We have got to be careful that we don't think we are Robin Hood, where you can simply take money from the rich and give it to someone else. It's in everyone's interest - especially the poor and the middle-class - that we have an economy where jobs are always available and wages can go up. That can happen if we are competitive, and we have entrepreneurs, we have professionals, we have everyone here in world-class teams - that's in everyone's interest.

"Robin Hood makes a good newspaper commentary, but that's not our strategy. We need to spend more over the next five years in the common interest.

"We need to have the Silver Support Scheme, we need to strengthen some of our social provisions, that's part of it and I think it is fair that those that are better off pay for it, but most of what we do is in the common interest, not of one particular group alone. If you talk about our transport infrastructure, if you talk about our hospitals, if you talk about some of our new economic infrastructure like T5 at Changi, everyone will benefit from it either because of jobs or because of cohesion.

"To have a cohesive society you need public good that everyone shares in, and someone has to pay for it. We all pay for it: Most people pay for it by GST, those who are better off also pay for it through the property taxes which are higher than others and also income tax. So everyone pays for this common good that we are all benefiting from, but the rich pay more, and the poor get some benefits out of the system, and that's fair."

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who came up with the ideas that if you tax the rich too much they won't want to become rich?

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr Tharman said: "We have got to be careful that we don't think we are Robin Hood, where you can simply take money from the rich and give it to someone else. ..............

"Robin Hood makes a good newspaper commentary, but that's not our strategy. ...................

This StewPIG Ah Neh Botak knows shit about what Robin Hood stands for in English folklore. It's about liberty and not just redistribution.

[video=youtube;if34bKbBqXI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if34bKbBqXI[/video]

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This Ah Neh loves cock and bull stories, and has zero credibility.

[video=youtube;4X61EJk3oaM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X61EJk3oaM[/video]

Froggi

Alfrescian
Loyal
because after millions he get from being a minister over the years, he of course would not implement a policy to rob himself

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tharman says "To have a cohesive society you need public good that everyone shares in, and someone has to pay for it. We all pay for it: Most people pay for it by GST, those who are better off also pay for it through the property taxes which are higher than others and also income tax. So everyone pays for this common good that we are all benefiting from, but the rich pay more, and the poor get some benefits out of the system, and that's fair."

President Barack Obama retorts :

There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me—because they want to give something back. They know they didn't—look, if you've been successful, you didn't get there on your own... If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you've got a business—you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Spore, Botak is the Sheriff. I ought to know because when I was very young I used to watch Robin hood on TV. Back then Richard Green played Robin Hood

[video=youtube;i6LJNAqcs18]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6LJNAqcs18[/video]

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Tharman is a wise Finance Minister. Our economy depends a lot more on top dogs of the corporate world than on the losers at the bottom who thinks the world owes them a living. We need to attract more of these winners by having low taxes, instead of looting them in a futile attempt to pull the losers out of poverty.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tharman is a wise Finance Minister. Our economy depends a lot more on top dogs of the corporate world than on the losers at the bottom who thinks the world owes them a living. We need to attract more of these winners by having low taxes, instead of looting them in a futile attempt to pull the losers out of poverty.

Bah, bah, bah ...you are a sheep. You don't think.

6 years of global economic malaise ...low taxes, austerity have not create the environment for growth. Why? Because the masses don't have the income to consume ... as more income shifts from middle class to the top 20 percent, there is less spending. After all, how many TVs does a rich person want to own? The increase in consumption by the rich is not sufficient to compensate for the drop in consumption by the middle class trigger by the lower income they are earning since the Great Recession.

Simple economics, Mr. Sheep. Supply does not create demand. It is demand that drives supply. Business operate to make a profit and taxes don't stop them from investing if they can make a reasonable return. Of course, they will want to make high returns and will do that by pushing for low taxes and no regulations. Greed must be controlled and that is the role of the government. So, stop believing in the right-wing economics bull-shit.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bah, bah, bah ...you are a sheep. You don't think.

6 years of global economic malaise ...low taxes, austerity have not create the environment for growth. Why? Because the masses don't have the income to consume ... as more income shifts from middle class to the top 20 percent, there is less spending. After all, how many TVs does a rich person want to own? The increase in consumption by the rich is not sufficient to compensate for the drop in consumption by the middle class trigger by the lower income they are earning since the Great Recession.

Simple economics, Mr. Sheep. Supply does not create demand. It is demand that drives supply. Business operate to make a profit and taxes don't stop them from investing if they can make a reasonable return. Of course, they will want to make high returns and will do that by pushing for low taxes and no regulations. Greed must be controlled and that is the role of the government. So, stop believing in the right-wing economics bull-shit.

My income has grown by more than 6-fold since I started working. My income level already at the top 15-20% of taxpayers. Of course there are many more others who earn more than I do, but my income level is at a place where I am satisfied and live in comfort. All of these would not have been possible if not for PAP's meritocratic system, which provides ample opportunities for those willing to take risks and work smart.

In return for giving me the chance to earn so much money, I have volunteered my time and effort to serve in the grassroots. It's my way of giving back something to society.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My income has grown by more than 6-fold since I started working. My income level already at the top 15-20% of taxpayers. Of course there are many more others who earn more than I do, but my income level is at a place where I am satisfied and live in comfort. All of these would not have been possible if not for PAP's meritocratic system, which provides ample opportunities for those willing to take risks and work smart.

You make $500 a month when you started work decades ago, now you make $3000 a month and you think you have done well. You forgot that HDB flat, electricity, water, university education, health care have gone up more than 6x.
Are we better off?

In return for giving me the chance to earn so much money, I have volunteered my time and effort to serve in the grassroots. It's my way of giving back something to society.

Because the TC gives you a cut?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You make $500 a month when you started work decades ago, now you make $3000 a month and you think you have done well. You forgot that HDB flat, electricity, water, university education, health care have gone up more than 6x.
Are we better off?

Because the TC gives you a cut?

Since when does earning $3000 pm put one amongst the top income earners? Typical opposition supporter with no substance!

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought they were running the Robin Hood Strategy for years. Robbing the poor to give to themselves.

Mr Tharman said: "We have got to be careful that we don't think we are Robin Hood, where you can simply take money from the rich and give it to someone else. It's in everyone's interest - especially the poor and the middle-class - that we have an economy where jobs are always available and wages can go up. That can happen if we are competitive, and we have entrepreneurs, we have professionals, we have everyone here in world-class teams - that's in everyone's interest.

"Robin Hood makes a good newspaper commentary, but that's not our strategy. We need to spend more over the next five years in the common interest.

"We need to have the Silver Support Scheme, we need to strengthen some of our social provisions, that's part of it and I think it is fair that those that are better off pay for it, but most of what we do is in the common interest, not of one particular group alone. If you talk about our transport infrastructure, if you talk about our hospitals, if you talk about some of our new economic infrastructure like T5 at Changi, everyone will benefit from it either because of jobs or because of cohesion.

"To have a cohesive society you need public good that everyone shares in, and someone has to pay for it. We all pay for it: Most people pay for it by GST, those who are better off also pay for it through the property taxes which are higher than others and also income tax. So everyone pays for this common good that we are all benefiting from, but the rich pay more, and the poor get some benefits out of the system, and that's fair."

The way of any ruling party is always to be the anti-Robin Hood. Think of the myriad taxes we pay and where it goes. If Robin Hood was a common bandit he would not be famous. It is because the rich was unjustly stealing from the poor that RH made doing the reverse honorable. For Tharman to state he isn't Robin Hood is like stating the obvious.