• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chinese troops training in -40ºC temperatures!

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Border troops from the Shenyang Military Region training in -40ºC weather near the Sino-Russian border. Pictures taken 12 Feb 2015.

13879319753663325947.jpg

11913916995295221280.jpg

10607749511647093525.jpg

14214661239407983117.jpg

14937545772702328922.jpg

3912777015755649539.jpg

8253605864351595392.jpg

2422811435084860406.jpg

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think most of the troops will not suffer much.

This is because most of them as kids, grew up in the northern city of Ka Ying.:o:cool:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unlike the Sherpas who are acclimatized to the high altitude thin air, I believe that it is difficult to acclimatized to minus 30C to minus 40C weather.
I have lived in Toronto for more than three decades, and will not get used to the minus 30C weather, as in this unusually extended extreme cold winter.
Ask the Inuit ("Eskimo"), and they will probably tell you that it is not about being acclimatized, but to dress warmly in several layers.

Last edited:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ask the Inuit ("Eskimo", and they will probably tell you that it is not about being acclimatized, but to dress warmly in several layers.

Layering is key. And in anything colder than -15ºC, a good down parka (or fur, if you live in a non-politically correct place). For woollens, Chinese cashmere is the best.

Chinese border troops train in the harshest climes in the world: Siberia to the north-east, Mongolia to the north-west, Kazakhstan to the west, and the Himalayas and Pashmirs to the south-west. Temperatures dip regularly to -50ºC in these areas during the coldest part of winter.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
soviet KGB control the border guards with their own small navy and armour formations.

so I wont be surprise the Chinese border guards will be operating under either the People Armed Police (PAP) or the Ministry of Public Security (MPS). I don't think the border guards are under PLA control although the border guard formations is technically under the PLA military regional commander.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
soviet KGB control the border guards with their own small navy and armour formations.

so I wont be surprise the Chinese border guards will be operating under either the People Armed Police (PAP) or the Ministry of Public Security (MPS). I don't think the border guards are under PLA control although the border guard formations is technically under the PLA military regional commander.

All under PLA. Shenyang Military Region – north-east border. Lanzhou – north-west. Chengdu – south-west (Tibet's border regions).

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Layering is key. And in anything colder than -15ºC, a good down parka (or fur, if you live in a non-politically correct place). For woollens, Chinese cashmere is the best.

Chinese border troops train in the harshest climes in the world: Siberia to the north-east, Mongolia to the north-west, Kazakhstan to the west, and the Himalayas and Pashmirs to the south-west. Temperatures dip regularly to -50ºC in these areas during the coldest part of winter.

I do not use my down parka unless it is minus 20C.
But this winter, I bought this most recent winter long underwear (pants and long sleeve T shirt) which is made of synthetic fibre, which keeps me very warm.
So, with cotton T shirt and underwear, the newest winter underwear, cotton shirt, scarf, leather jacket and my trusty sheepskin hat, I have survived this extended extremely cold winter, even when it is minus 30C to minus 39C during the past three weeks. I did not use my down parka, rated to minus 40C.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Guns still can shoot at minus 40?

Type 99 tanks are tested to function down to -50ºC in the Tahe armour testing range, the coldest in the world:

[video]http://v.ifeng.com/mil/mainland/201502/01d01e7c-aa30-485e-a644-21e4e3b6b526.shtml[/video]

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do not use my down parka unless it is minus 20C.
But this winter, I bought this most recent winter long underwear (pants and long sleeve T shirt) which is made of synthetic fibre, which keeps me very warm.
So, with cotton T shirt and underwear, the newest winter underwear, cotton shirt, scarf, leather jacket and my trusty sheepskin hat, I have survived this extended extremely cold winter, even when it is minus 30C to minus 39C during the past three weeks. I did not use my down parka, rated to minus 40C.

When I was in Canada and northern US, I survived on a leather jacket and a cashmere sweater (without long johns) even in -20ºC because most of the time I was hopping in and out of my car or shopping malls, which are way overheated. But if you need to stay outdoors for prolonged periods, or indoor heating is poor (many Chinese homes are unheated or poorly heated) then you'd need more protection.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
winter weather in the bay area. it has been like this since december 2014. and this week is about the coldest as it gets. :biggrin:

image.jpg

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I usually wear corduroy pants, cotton T shirt, long sleeve shirt and leather jacket, with my wool beret.
Going work means long sleeve shirt, tie, wool suit(s), trench coat or wool coat, or down parka when it is very cold.
It is only this winter that I wore the winter underwear, with casual clothes, otherwise too hot when indoors.

My third child is very tough notwithstanding the extreme cold. She walks to and from school, and she wears school uniform polo shirt, pants, a jacket and a toque. She does not wear wool sweaters or cotton sweatshirts.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Xinjiang firefighters doing evacuation exercise in -30ºC in the northwest Altay region. Photos taken 26 Jan 2015.

MAIN201501261834000322439194677.JPG

MAIN201501261834000322724568253.JPG

MAIN201501261834000329900228940.JPG

MAIN201501261834000332291154809.JPG

MAIN201501261834000334092643935.JPG

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In before some assholes see it's china/chinese training and puts them down but when it's say ang moh/indian/ another race say how garang they are. :rolleyes:

tictactoe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Type 99 tanks are tested to function down to -50ºC in the Tahe armour testing range, the coldest in the world:

[video]http://v.ifeng.com/mil/mainland/201502/01d01e7c-aa30-485e-a644-21e4e3b6b526.shtml[/video]

What type of oil do those tanks use ? Most oils get viscous at around Minus 40 degrees C or so I was told.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In before some assholes see it's china/chinese training and puts them down but when it's say ang moh/indian/ another race say how garang they are. :rolleyes:

50% true. Most here would say the ang mohs are garang, but would make fun of the Indians (except Indian posters like Jar Jar and his clones).

Quite a fair share of anti-Chinese and anti-Indian racists here, but many sucking Ang Moh cocks. :smile: