• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Managing your Passwords Discussion

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Day in day out we have so many passwords or maybe few passwords that's used for the same purpose for example all bank accounts have the same passwords which is actually not right. Some people may create a spreadsheet to manage this but some memorize by heart.

I understand there are passwords managers applications out there to help us manage all our passwords. Googled and found some reviews but wondering if there are people here using it and is happy or unhappy with some of these apps. Hope can hear about it before I decide on one.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2407168,00.asp

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I make it easy to remember passwords by reversing the letters of the account name, for example looneytan password is n-a-t-y-e - - OOPPS :eek::eek::eek:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I store my passwords in an exel file.

First I password protect the excel file. Secondly I "encrypt" the password.

Actually I only have 2 passwords. Example:

1. Tonychatfuckgoat
2. Tonychatpubor

So I key in the excel file:

[email protected] - Txxxxxxxxxxxxxxt1 (which is Tonychatfuckgoat1)
Amex login : Txxxxxxxxxxxr2 (which is Tonychatpubor2)

So only I know the passwords and whoever hack into my excel file will see Txxxxxxxxxxxxxt1 which makes no sense to him.

Try this. But please dun use those no brainers password like your name, wife name, soccer idol etc....

One suggestion is Tonychatfo.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You don't need to have many passwords, you just need a few good ones.

People who are stupid:

1) Make easy passwords.
2) Have too many passwords.
3) Have only one password.
4) Write down their passwords somewhere - hard or soft copy.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
use a good mix and longer strings of alphanumeric and special characters. and constantly change your passwords. for example, knnbccb$6900&(.)(.) is mildly strong. you can change it to knnbccb$6901&(.)(.) in 2 weeks, and so on until you hit $6999. then it's time to use f*ckpap$0069&(o)(o). :p

my password is papi$dabe$t!0001.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thank you all for your suggestions. I'm gonna go through some more research and decide on one later tonight.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is why the most common password is probably is 123456:biggrin:

That's what I use on my iPad

I use firefox on both my Mac & PC, & there is an add on named "Save passwords editor" that can show ALL the passwords that you have saved within firefox. I then do a screen dump of all the saved passwords. A hard copy of all the saved passwords is handy to have when you need to rebuild windows.

I prefer a hardcopy of passwords because it is more reliable than any application.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Safer to write down your passwords in a paper notebook, imho.
According to a little bird from the West, your recommendation is the best.

Did you know that President Obama had been cautioned against backing up his passwords on a computer?

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
I store my passwords in an exel file. First I password protect the excel file. Secondly I "encrypt" the password.
According to a little bird from the West, Microsoft Office has long been owned by the NSA.

Whatever you do to secure your Excel file and password is useless. It's time for you to wake up.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my most secret password is stored on my pecker. when not erect, it reads "ef". when erect, it reads "eatlickandslurpmy5thhoof."

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dun store passwords on app, it's like putting all your money in one vault, once compromised, all will be gone, use handwritten on a piece of paper.

Day in day out we have so many passwords or maybe few passwords that's used for the same purpose for example all bank accounts have the same passwords which is actually not right. Some people may create a spreadsheet to manage this but some memorize by heart.

I understand there are passwords managers applications out there to help us manage all our passwords. Googled and found some reviews but wondering if there are people here using it and is happy or unhappy with some of these apps. Hope can hear about it before I decide on one.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2407168,00.asp