• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Martin See will file police report against Lam Pin Min

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Requesting MP Lam to correct FB post and apologise

OPEN LETTER TO MP DR LAM PIN MIN

A happy new year to you Dr Lam,

My name is See Tong Ming, Martyn. I am a citizen of Singapore. I hereby inform you that I will be filing a police complaint against you on the 26th of February 2015 for offences committed under the Sedition Act and Contempt of Court unless you remove and apologize for the following remark you made.

On the 5th of February 2015 at 1836 hours, you shared a link on your facebook page to an article by ‘Lovely Singapore’ entitled “What really happened at the Thaipusam scuffle?” You had captioned the report in your own words :

“An example of how alcohol intoxication can cause rowdiness and public nuisance.”

The original statement by the Singapore Police Force, posted on the 5th February two hours earlier, had stated:
“All three men were believed to have been drinking earlier as they smelt strongly of alcohol.”

As such, you have deliberately distorted an allegation by the SPF into a statement of fact. I put it to you that you have :

1. Incited enmity towards the Hindu community by stating as fact that devotees were intoxicated while participating in the holy festival of Thaipusam. May I inform you that devotees are required to undergo a strict regiment of fasting and abstinence from meat and alcohol. Members of the families of kavadi carriers are also required to undergo such a regiment, albeit for a shorter period.

2. Caused ill-will and hostility between different races and communities. The responses on your facebook page show overwhelming hostility to your remark. Yet, you have allowed your offensive post to remain online, while you continue to publicly tout Christian teachings on your personal facebook wall. As a Member of Parliament, your lopsided attitude towards the religious sensitivities of Singaporeans, particularly against the Hindu community, is vexatious.

3. Committed sub judice contempt of court by risking prejudice which may affect the final determination of the ongoing case against Ramachandra Chandramohan, Jaya Kumar Krishnasamy and Gunasegaran Rajendran, who are due to undergo trial for disorderly behaviour. The three men were charged in court on February 7th. Your facebook posting has remained online to this day. It has since been reproduced in online forums and blogs. A google search of “Thaipusam alcohol”, “Thaipusam intoxication”, ‘Thaipusam rowdiness” and ‘Thaipusam public nuisance” show up your statement as the top search result.

This will not be the first time I have filed a police complaint against an elected person holding political office. In 2013, I filed a police complaint against Abdul Ghani Othman, the then Johor Menteri Besar, for canvassing for votes in Singapore ahead of the Malaysian elections.

As this is the Chinese New Year season, I wish to offer you a grace period of 3 days to correct your facebook post and make a public apology to the Hindu community. Failing which, a police complaint will be filed by 12 noon on the 26th of February 2015.

If you are so hung up in equating alcohol consumption with public nuisance, I suggest you speak up against the police’s approval of the St. Patrick’s Day street parade on Boat Quay slated for March 13 and 15. In Dublin, such celebrations have been marked by incidences of teenage drinking and street violence.
10896969_10203602023946934_5692058091237995609_n.jpg

See Tong Ming, Martyn

Last edited:

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
10422909_1596617087217443_4874284347330569407_n.jpg

But...how is this seditious when MP Lam Pin Min was just quoting the police? Is Martyn See going to sue the Police as well?

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lam Pin Min had posted comments online and mistaken some unverified reports about alcohol being involved as facts without properly verifying them. This resulted in a strong reaction from Singaporeans as evident on his post:

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
what is so seditious about saying something which is the truth?

when you are drunk you will get into trouble!!

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lam Pin Min had posted comments online and mistaken some unverified reports about alcohol being involved as facts without properly verifying them. This resulted in a strong reaction from Singaporeans as evident on his post

Hey! this youngster John Lee not bad leh (please don't mix up with JohnTan)

if we have more young people like him this cuntry's future won't be bleak la

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
As a grassroots leader, I advise Martin See to not stir up unnecessary trouble. He should show more respect to MP Lam instead.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a grassroots leader, I advise Martin See to not stir up unnecessary trouble. He should show more respect to MP Lam instead.

you sure you glassloot leader? your news from little bird, big bird, my bird.... never a single pc of ear drop from the worst MPs like lampar min.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
you sure you glassloot leader? your news from little bird, big bird, my bird.... never a single pc of ear drop from the worst MPs like lampar min.

I can assure you that from grassroots sources, MP Lam is still very well-liked in spite of the recent columbarium saga. If he stays in seng kang west smc ward, the ward would be safe from the unreliable but populist WP. Other parties like SDP or RP or SDA can prepare to lose their election deposits.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I can assure you that from grassroots sources, MP Lam is still very well-liked in spite of the recent columbarium saga. If he stays in seng kang west smc ward, the ward would be safe from the unreliable but populist WP. Other parties like SDP or RP or SDA can prepare to lose their election deposits.
Why don't you go home and see whether you can still come face to face with fucktard in the mirror