• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jobs Bank sees big rise in job seekers and employers

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.todayonline.com/print/1078311

SINGAPORE — Since the trial National Jobs Bank was launched last May, the number of job seekers and employers registered has spiked.

As of the end of last year, there were nearly 68,000 job seekers and more than 15,000 employers in the portal’s records, the Singapore Workforce Development Agency (WDA) said. In comparison, the jobs bank officially opened last July with a total of 12,900 job seekers and 4,300 employers.

There were about 38,000 job applications as of late December. The number of live job vacancies, however, was nearly double that at more than 70,000 listings, up from more than 16,000 when the portal opened. The WDA did not reveal the number of successful job matches.

The National Jobs Bank was set up as part of the Fair Consideration Framework, which requires employers with businesses of 25 or more people to post job vacancies on the website for at least 14 days before applying for an Employment Pass. The requirement aims to ensure employers consider Singaporeans fairly before seeking foreign manpower.

These updated figures came as the Employment and Employability Institute (e2i) earlier this month outlined plans to help job seekers, starting with a booth manned by its career coaches at the 27th Career and Education show at Singapore Convention and Exhibition Centre next month.

At the career fair, the e2i, as part of its Jobs Bank Connect programme piloted last May, will guide job seekers through the process of applying for listings in the National Jobs Bank. It will be the first time the institute offers this programme at an external career fair instead of on its premises in Jurong East.

During the four-hour session, job seekers will be taught how to sift through listings on the National Jobs Bank, customise their resumes according to job requirements and apply for positions on the spot.

e2i chief executive officer Gilbert Tan said: “If I were to look at the bank myself, one of the challenges I would face is … how do I navigate? Assuming I know how to get to the jobs, how do I make sure I can be better than the 500 other people who are going to apply for the same job? Or how do I get my resume noted in a way that can demonstrate my competencies?”

Mr Tan added that the majority of job seekers who have gone through the Jobs Bank Connect programme are mid-career professionals, managers and executives (PMEs), but he declined to reveal figures.

Last month, the e2i shared that half of the job seekers approaching it to seek career guidance and attend career fairs are PMEs, up from 20 per cent five years ago.

On working with both PMEs and rank-and-file workers, Mr Tan said the institute’s approach is “about the same”. “For rank and file and PMEs, I don’t think it’s very different how they need to approach searching for a job. But for PMEs, it’s really understanding what skill sets are needed, where the correct places to go to (are),” he said.

“Typically a PME skill takes a little bit longer to pick up than a rank-and-file skill. PMEs are too defined by their skill sets, so that’s probably why it takes a little bit longer,” he added.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you can't measure the effectiveness of the job matching through a statistic, it just as good as any job portal up there. Only differences is that you can only hire someone later by 14 days.