• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shamugam: Govt will see what WP 'will do to set things right'

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
HuejP5L.jpg

The Government will see what the Workers’ Party will do to set things right, following lapses found in the Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol East Town Council’s (AHPETC) financial and accounting systems, before deciding on what the conquences should be, Law Minister K Shanmugam said.

Speaking to reporters at the Chong Pang Annual Lunar New Year celebrations today (Feb 15), Mr Shanmugam said that while the matter has been extensively discussed in Parliament, the “big question” remained unanswered: “Why did you hide information from your own auditors, Foo Kon and Tan? What are you going to do to recover monies that have been lost?”

Giving several points detailing the sequence of events in Parliament last week to explain his statement today, Mr Shanmugam said: “Parliament passed the motion, noting with concern the Auditor-General’s report (on lapses at AHPETC). All the Members of Parliament (MP) accepted it, including Workers’ Party (WP) MPs, Non-constituency MPs. Everyone accepts that the situation is serious. The WP accepted the motion.”

Reiterating that the actions were “clearly unlawful”, the minister added that in Parliament, members have been “inundated with minutiae (such as) how the safekeeping is going to be made better, how there is going to be two locks, and so on”.

The minister said that nevertheless, there will have to be consequences. For instance, National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan has said the Town Council Act have to be amended.

“While there is self-regulation, there has got to be…more focus on enforcement. More important, what are they (WP) going to do to recover lost monies?” he said.

“There will be other consequences. As (National Development) Minister Khaw (Boon Wan) said (in Parliament), we will have to see what they do. But I don’t see much sincerity (and) seriousness based on what they (WP) have said in Parliament.”

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sadly, the PAPzis will not accept anything but unconditional surrender, which in a democracy is ridiculous. So, it appears the only way to beat them is to utterly defeat them.

That's what happened to the French, Russian and Chinese monarchies.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sadly, the PAPzis will not accept anything but unconditional surrender, which in a democracy is ridiculous. So, it appears the only way to beat them is to utterly defeat them.

That's what happened to the French, Russian and Chinese monarchies.

Impossible to utterly defeat PAP. The trade union, the grassroots, the mainstream media, the clan associations, the merchant associations, they are all on PAP's side. So are majority of the sinkie voters!

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP is gonna lose Aljunied GRC. Period.
If the PAP can put the right people in Aljunied at the next GE, there is a good chance for them to win back this GRC. It all depends now on who LHL would assign to contest in this GRC.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP cannot be bothered with him. there is nothing illegal
true. but then what about the withheld mnd grant?

i think the white scums are cornering wp .. ....no response then wp seen as weak, but then how to react? boh chap? kpkb at hlp? bring matter to court?

i think the white scums will see look see look then decide when to call for election.

vtran2684

Alfrescian
Loyal
In proper democracies, all parties can access all funds and all data and no one party will withold funds from opposing party.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i think the white scums are cornering wp .. ....no response then wp seen as weak, but then how to react? boh chap? kpkb at hlp? bring matter to court?

i think the white scums will see look see look then decide when to call for election.

Using taxpayer's money as a ransom to further a political party's agenda.

By doing so, even those who have voted for PAP also get punished.

Song boh.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP cannot be bothered with him. there is nothing illegal

Of course there is nothing illegal. Except they have resources to tie you up in court for months and months. That's why Sham is leading the charge. The other great legal mind in the party who knows how to use the law as weapon is in the ICU.

One hopes the incumbents in the other arms of government, other than the hapless MND, do not tarnish themselves. They might be caught on the wrong side of history.

Last edited:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

Obviously those isis terrorists demands cannot be met the residents should not give in and moreover these terrorists r from somewhere else so they don't care if the residents dies. And I also at most send me condolences.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Impossible?

Consider the following 'impossible to defeat' parties:
  • Golkar in Indonesia
  • Kuomintang in ROC
  • Communist Party in the Societ Union
  • the Institutional Revolutionary Party in Mexico
  • military governments in ROK
  • Freedom Party in Sri Lanka.

Sure, you might say some of these were not utterly defeated. But that is largely because at some crucial time, they were willing to concede defeat. The PAPzis, however, appear to be in no mood to do this. So, they have to decide whether they want to go the way of peaceful change or the likes of:
  • the Duvaliers in Haiti
  • Idi Amin of Uganda
  • Gaddafi in Libya
  • Egon Krantz in the GDR
  • etc..

Impossible to utterly defeat PAP. The trade union, the grassroots, the mainstream media, the clan associations, the merchant associations, they are all on PAP's side. So are majority of the sinkie voters!