• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MRT staff goes all out to retrieve $50 note for a sinkie guy who lost it

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
B-VbSK7CAAA9bF7.jpg

One man's experience after losing a $50 bill at Novena MRT station is sure to warm your heart and restore your faith in humanity.

Nishal John Vethanayagam‎ was simply blown away with how staff members at that station handled his predicament and shared his story on Facebook.

His post, which was put up yesterday (Feb 20), has garnered over 2,400 likes and 400 shares at the time of writing.

His post read:

"I lost a $50 bill this week - it slipped through my hands while I was riding the escalator, and through the razor thin gap between the steps and the metal wall at the sides - it was gone before my mind could even register what happened.

"Usually, a situation such as this calls for a great deal of cussing and swearing, stomping of feet and clutching of hair. But it was the eve of Chinese New Year and I had a 4 day weekend stretching ahead - a lost $50 ain’t gonna mess with that mojo(also I have no hair).

"I walked to the Novena MRT service office, told them about my mild predicament. They noted my name, phone number and my IC, and gave me a very non-committal ‘Can’t make any promises - if we find it, we’ll let you know’. Being Indian and having grown up with the ruthless efficiency of the Indian bureaucracy, I mentally kissed goodbye to my $50.

"To my utter shock, less than 2 hours later I received a phone call asking me to come and collect the bill. They said its a little oily and grimy and may be unusable, and they apologised for that.

"I walked down to the MRT, slightly dazed and clutching a box of chocolates for the good folks behind all this, to thank them and to see for myself if it was actually true!

"Now just so we’re all clear on how big a deal this is: to retrieve the $50, they had to stop the escalator, open up each and every stair(in case it was stuck inside any of them), and when they couldn’t find it, then go down to the bottom inside and fetch the $50. Add to this the fact that it was New Year’s eve, and it a marvel that they managed to get it done, and so fast!

"I cannot think of any other country in the world where something like this can happen - I am blown away by the sheer efficiency and the simple honesty of these people. They could’ve chosen to wait for the next maintenance schedule(which is the best outcome I had allowed myself to dare to hope for), or to wait till after New Year’s ended, or simply pocketed the cash. I am still struggling to come to terms with the whole experience - it feels surreal to me.

"This year Singapore celebrates 50 years of existence, and I would like to raise a toast to the spirit of this nation. I hope and pray you would never lose this rare and often unappreciated part of you that warms my heart and cheers my soul."

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this fucker Vethanajohn is good at talk cock sing song, PAP should put him to some good use

FUNCHOI

Alfrescian
Loyal
another so called Talent

FOREIGN TALENT!!!!

"I walked to the Novena MRT service office, told them about my mild predicament. They noted my name, phone number and my IC, and gave me a very non-committal ‘Can’t make any promises - if we find it, we’ll let you know’. Being Indian and having grown up with the ruthless efficiency of the Indian bureaucracy, I mentally kissed goodbye to my $50.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
So, this incident confirms that when it comes to FTs, even apuneh shits from India, there is no limit to what a GLC will do for them. If a sinkie lose $50 in the same manner, they will tell him to fuck off or better yet, keep the money when they find it.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
B-VbSK7CAAA9bF7.jpg

One man's experience after losing a $50 bill at Novena MRT station is sure to warm your heart and restore your faith in humanity.

Nishal John Vethanayagam‎ was simply blown away with how staff members at that station handled his predicament and shared his story on Facebook.

His post, which was put up yesterday (Feb 20), has garnered over 2,400 likes and 400 shares at the time of writing.

His post read:

"I lost a $50 bill this week - it slipped through my hands while I was riding the escalator, and through the razor thin gap between the steps and the metal wall at the sides - it was gone before my mind could even register what happened.

"Usually, a situation such as this calls for a great deal of cussing and swearing, stomping of feet and clutching of hair. But it was the eve of Chinese New Year and I had a 4 day weekend stretching ahead - a lost $50 ain’t gonna mess with that mojo(also I have no hair).

"To my utter shock, less than 2 hours later I received a phone call asking me to come and collect the bill. They said its a little oily and grimy and may be unusable, and they apologised for that.

"I walked down to the MRT, slightly dazed and clutching a box of chocolates for the good folks behind all this, to thank them and to see for myself if it was actually true!

"Now just so we’re all clear on how big a deal this is: to retrieve the $50, they had to stop the escalator, open up each and every stair(in case it was stuck inside any of them), and when they couldn’t find it, then go down to the bottom inside and fetch the $50. Add to this the fact that it was New Year’s eve, and it a marvel that they managed to get it done, and so fast!

"I cannot think of any other country in the world where something like this can happen - I am blown away by the sheer efficiency and the simple honesty of these people. They could’ve chosen to wait for the next maintenance schedule(which is the best outcome I had allowed myself to dare to hope for), or to wait till after New Year’s ended, or simply pocketed the cash. I am still struggling to come to terms with the whole experience - it feels surreal to me.

"This year Singapore celebrates 50 years of existence, and I would like to raise a toast to the spirit of this nation. I hope and pray you would never lose this rare and often unappreciated part of you that warms my heart and cheers my soul."

thats why i said MRT and sinkies are stupid. just imagine how much effort, time wasted and literally thousands of dollars in terms of inconvenience to every one else just to retrieve $50 ??? for one man , thousands must suffer inconvenience. in london if you drop your thousand dollar phone or money on a tube rail line, the staff would tell you to fark off and come back after operating hours when the tube line has shut down and retrieve it yourself. MSM is so shameless to even highlight their idiocy and mask it as an a service accomplishment!!! if I am the owner I would fire the staff involved as no blardy common sense.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... "Now just so we’re all clear on how big a deal this is: to retrieve the $50, they had to stop the escalator, open up each and every stair(in case it was stuck inside any of them), and when they couldn’t find it, then go down to the bottom inside and fetch the $50 ..."
he tot he big shot ... he din even c how ze note was retrieved n yet can tink ppl wud sweat so much 4him ...

dose staff where got so free 2 do all dose tings? ... most likely, wen dey opened ze door, dey found it on ze floor ...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
We all must learn
[video=youtube;frd8EabLoxU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frd8EabLoxU[/video]

Himawari

Alfrescian
Loyal
For $50, they had stopped the escalator and tried to retrieve it? Inconvenienced hundreds and thousands of passengers?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If you think SMRT staff is dedicated in helping you get back your $50, wait till you know better how the CPF team worked hard to ensure your savings didn't get wiped out during the financial crisis. All of you continued to get your 2.5 to 3% annual return even while GIC and TH suffered heavy losses.