• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LKY in ICU thread.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Re: Dictator of S'pore, Lee Con You in hospital for severe pneumonia, dying soon. Yip

Many beasts but where is beauty?

Guys, let's keep this thread for LKY, this zeroo fella already has another thread going. Danke :smile::smile::smile:

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Dictator of S'pore, Lee Con You in hospital for severe pneumonia, dying soon. Yip

No one wants to take him. They are fighting over who to keep him now

XxooxX

Alfrescian
Loyal

Actually old bastard was already in sgh on 5 Feb.

His condition is deteriorating and was Pressitude is saying 'stabilised'! LoL
How u know...?

Zatoichi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Actually old bastard was already in sgh on 5 Feb.

His condition is deteriorating and was Pressitude is saying 'stabilised'! LoL
How u know...?
You should have read the official news report first:
"Lee Kuan Yew in hospital for severe pneumonia, condition 'stabilised' - Channel NewsAsia"
The former Singapore prime minister has been in hospital for 17 days, but his condition has "stabilised" in Singapore General Hospital's Intensive Care Unit (ICU), says the Prime Minister's Office.
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/1671808.html
(POSTED: 21 Feb 2015 18:30)
SINGAPORE: Former prime minister of Singapore, Lee Kuan Yew, has been hospitalised for severe pneumonia, but his condition has since stabilised, announced the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) on Saturday (Feb 21).

Mr Lee, 91, was admitted to Singapore General Hospital on Feb 5 for severe pneumonia. "His condition has stabilised and he remains on mechanical ventilation in the ICU. He is conscious and lightly sedated," the PMO said.

Mechanical ventilation is the use of a ventilator to support patients in breathing.

"His doctors are continuing to monitor his condition. PMO will keep the public informed of any change," it added.

During Chinese New Year in 2014, Mr Lee was hospitalised for an infection, fever and cough. And in 2013, he was admitted to hospital for a suspected Transient Ischaemic Attack, an episode where irregular heartbeat leads to a brief stoppage of blood flow to the brain.

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said he visited his father Saturday morning to wish him Happy New Year and a smooth recovery, as he did not see him on the first day of Chinese New Year on doctors' advice.

"This was the first year in a long while that we could not attend the Lee family reunion dinner," Mr Lee added on his Facebook page.

10580816_860780720651302_1542055827614641281_o.jpg

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

"His condition has stabilised and he is on mechanical ventilation.

Mechanical ventilation is used to support his breathing"

Love it when the pressitude treat Sinkie as daft.

In truth. The old bastard lungs have failed. His involuntary response for breathing is already not functioning. In short, he is grasping for air by which he air is forced and withdrawn thru mechancial means for him. And the strain on the rest of the organs is great and the next thing to fail could well be his heart or whatever.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Are you Davis Koh? Not bad woh, your statement garnered over 450 likes sial...

View attachment 19647

brother [zhihau],

You are a "solid" individual.
Congratulations on your investigations and intelligence.
Wish you a happy, prosperous, successful and satisfying year.

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: breaking news

Mr Lee our founding father , 我们国父.
A nation's prayers are with you.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Mr Lee our founding father , 我们国父.
A nation's prayers are with you.

A nation does not refer to any specific nation,
and accordingly, I believe that it should be [ The nation's prayers .... ],
which refers to a specific nation, in this case, Singapore.

A versus The

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

http://therealsingapore.com/content/some-weird-observations-about-announcement-lky-was-hospitalised
[h=1]SOME WEIRD OBSERVATIONS ABOUT THE ANNOUNCEMENT THAT LKY WAS HOSPITALISED[/h]

Post date:
21 Feb 2015 - 8:06pm

Today, it was announced that Former Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew was warded in the Intensive Care Unit at Singapore General Hospital.
What is odd, however, is that the news was only announced today because according to a press statement from the Prime Minister's Office, he had been in hospital since Feb 5th with severe Pneumonia.
Mr Lee is quite an influential figure as he is regarded by many as the "founding father" of Singapore. It is interesting that the news of his hospitalization was withheld for over 2 weeks.
It seems that his family were waiting for Senior Lee to get into a Stable condition before announcing the news. It is understood that he is now being assisted by a mechanical ventilator.
Another interesting thing is that the news was broken via a statement from the Prime Ministers' Office.
Senior Lee is no longer the Prime Minister. He is also no longer a "Minister Mentor" and he is actually nothing but an MP who is usually always absent from parliament.

He has no official connection to the Prime Minister's Office except a personal connection that he is the father of the current PM.
Given that this is a family relation and therefore a personal one, there is no reason why Public Resources, including Press Secretaries from the PMO, should be used to disseminate this information or draft statements for release.
This is a clear misuse of public resources by PM Lee Hsien Loong to update the public about his father.
This is also not the first time that PM Lee has confused Public Resources as something which is available for his own unfettered used. In the law suit with Blogger Roy Ngerng which PM Lee is bringing in his personal capacity, PM Lee also made use of his press secretary, paid by taxpayer money, to issue statements about his personal lawsuit.
It seems that this is what happens when one party and one family has been in power too long and they start to forget that they are appointed into their positions by the people.
Nevertheless, we wish Senior Lee good health and a speedy recovery.

AfterTheWar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore's prime minister Lee Kuan Yew in hospital with 'severe' pneumonia

Singapore's founding prime minister Lee Kuan Yew in hospital with 'severe' pneumonia

Ninety one-year-old elder statesman on 'mechanical ventilation' after treatment for severe pneumonia at Singapore General Hospital

PUBLISHED : Saturday, 21 February, 2015, 7:32pm
UPDATED : Sunday, 22 February, 2015, 12:58am

Agence France-Presse in Singapore

singapore-politics-health-lee-people-files_ros157_48487035_0.jpg

Singapore's former prime Minister and elder statesman Lee Kuan Yew in this file picture from March 2013. Photo: AFP

Singapore’s founding leader Lee Kuan Yew, credited with transforming the city state to one of Asia’s wealthiest economies, is in hospital breathing with the help of a machine but in stable condition, the government said on Saturday.

A statement from the Prime Minister’s Office said the 91-year-old was admitted to Singapore General Hospital on February 5 to be treated for severe pneumonia.

“His condition has stabilised and he remains on mechanical ventilation in the ICU (intensive care unit),” the statement said, using a term to refer to machine-assisted breathing.

“He is conscious and lightly sedated,” it added.

“His doctors are continuing to monitor his condition.”

Lee, the father of current prime minister Lee Hsien Loong, is widely credited with transforming Singapore from an economic backwater to a rich economy in just over three decades.

He served as prime minister from 1959, when Singapore gained self-rule from colonial ruler Britain, until he stepped down in 1990 in favour of his deputy Goh Chok Tong, who in turn handed power to Lee Hsien Loong in 2004.

singapore-lee_esu801_48376445.jpg

Singapore's current Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and son of Lee Kuan Yew. Photo: Reuters

Lee Hsien Loong, 63, was himself discharged from hospital on Wednesday after undergoing surgery for prostate cancer and his doctor has said he should make a full recovery.

The People’s Action Party, which was co-founded by the elder Lee, has been returned to power in every election since independence and currently holds 80 of the 87 seats in parliament.

In a book published in 2013, the Asian statesman said he feels weaker by the day and wants a quick death.

Lee said that he had signed an Advance Medical Directive, a legal document informing doctors that a patient does not want the use of any life-sustaining treatment to prolong his time in the event he becomes terminally ill and unconscious and where death is imminent.

“If I have to be fed by a tube, and it is unlikely that I would ever be able to recover and walk about, my doctors are to remove the tube and allow me to make a quick exit,” he wrote.

The government announcement of the senior Lee’s latest hospitalisation comes on the third day of the Chinese Lunar New Year, a festival widely celebrated in the majority-Chinese city-state.

“Visited my father in hospital this morning. Did not see him on the first day of the New Year, on the advice of doctors,” Lee Hsien Loong said in a Facebook post.

“So we wished him Happy New Year today, and a smooth recovery,” the younger Lee wrote.

Lee Kuan Yew was also hospitalised in February last year due to an infection.

The British-trained lawyer, a long-time fitness buff, has visibly slowed since his wife of 63 years Kwa Geok Choo died in 2010 and has been in frail health.

He is still an MP for the port district of Tanjong Pagar but retired from advisory roles in government in 2011.

He had held the cabinet positions of senior minister and later “minister mentor” after stepping down as premier in 1990.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: Singapore's prime minister Lee Kuan Yew in hospital with 'severe' pneumonia

The end is near...............

Zatoichi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Singapore's prime minister Lee Kuan Yew in hospital with 'severe' pneumonia

The end is near...............
[video=youtube;6E2hYDIFDIU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E2hYDIFDIU[/video]

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/f/frank+sinatra/my+way_20056378.html

And now, the end is near;
And so I face the final curtain.
My friend, I'll say it clear,
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain.

I've lived a life that's full.
I've traveled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I've had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each charted course;
Each careful step along the byway,
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew.
But through it all, when there was doubt,
I ate it up and spit it out.
I faced it all and I stood tall;
And did it my way.

I've loved, I've laughed and cried.
I've had my fill; my share of losing.
And now, as tears subside,
I find it all so amusing.

To think I did all that;
And may I say - not in a shy way,
"Oh no, oh no not me,
I did it my way".

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels;
And not the words of one who kneels.
The record shows I took the blows -
And did it my way!

Yes, it was my way.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Re: Lee kuan yew admitted to icu with severe pneumonia

Pneumonia is serious illness affecting most senior citizens... Many don't make it alive after being diagnosed with pneumonia maybe due to their frail body conditions.. Some more Old Fart has already been in ICU for 17 days.. This goes to show that his illness is very very serious..

Why do I get the feeling that we are going to be having one long party soon????

Thankfully now CNY period so I still have ample stock of beer.. But no harm in buying few bottles of good Champagne to celebrate something big soon...

Bro, I way ahead of you. Chilling my champagne already.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

"His condition has stabilised and he is on mechanical ventilation.

Mechanical ventilation is used to support his breathing"

Love it when the pressitude treat Sinkie as daft.

In truth. The old bastard lungs have failed. His involuntary response for breathing is already not functioning. In short, he is grasping for air by which he air is forced and withdrawn thru mechancial means for him. And the strain on the rest of the organs is great and the next thing to fail could well be his heart or whatever.

Come on now... surely we do not want the esteemed investors to start panicking, do we? :wink: