• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LKY in ICU thread.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Lee kuan yew admitted to icu with severe pneumonia

the case has been sitting untouched in my shithole for 8 years. just opened it and downed a couple of bottles, celebrating and grieving for our dear leader's eventual demise and departure. :o

image.jpg

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: I find it hard to feel sympathy for mr lee kuan yew

This is only the tip of the ice-berg..........I see cronyism and nepotism at nearly every turn.....and that ice-berg is huge, real huge.

alantan27

Alfrescian
Loyal

What is the outlook (prognosis) if I have pneumonia?

If you are well enough to be looked after at home, your outlook is very good. Fewer than 1 person in 100 will die as a result of pneumonia. Those who die tend to be older people, or those who also have other health problems.

If you need to be looked after in hospital, the outlook is not quite as good. 1 person in 10-20 may die because of their pneumonia. Again, these will usually be people who were unwell before they had pneumonia, or the elderly.

If the pneumonia is very severe, or caused by an aggressive type of germ (bacterium), such as legionella, you may need to be moved to an intensive care unit in the hospital. In these cases the outlook is much worse. Unfortunately, as many as half of these people may die.

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/pneumonia-leaflet

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I would love to get out of this minus 25C Toronto, and savour a glass of your vintages.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Re: I find it hard to feel sympathy for mr lee kuan yew

This is only the tip of the ice-berg..........I see cronyism and nepotism at nearly every turn.....and that ice-berg is huge, real huge.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DPMTEO_1.jpg
    DPMTEO_1.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,635

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What is the outlook (prognosis) if I have pneumonia?

If you are well enough to be looked after at home, your outlook is very good. Fewer than 1 person in 100 will die as a result of pneumonia. Those who die tend to be older people, or those who also have other health problems.

If you need to be looked after in hospital, the outlook is not quite as good. 1 person in 10-20 may die because of their pneumonia. Again, these will usually be people who were unwell before they had pneumonia, or the elderly.

If the pneumonia is very severe, or caused by an aggressive type of germ (bacterium), such as legionella, you may need to be moved to an intensive care unit in the hospital. In these cases the outlook is much worse. Unfortunately, as many as half of these people may die.

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/pneumonia-leaflet

But, but, but...these are god's, they get cancer they get remission, they get cancer again, the next day, they are well....pneumonia...what is that?? nothing..just another cold & cough..soon, he will be well..attending the 50th Anniversary of Independence...wanna bet?

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

can be kept alive indefiantely on "mechanical ventilation,"?

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: All Lee Kuan Yew extended Family Members are rushing back to Singapore

Technically the fellow is already DEAD last Sunday.

It's the machines that still allows some form of life function to continue as for his porlumpars and hopeless son, providing a gleam of hope that power should still stay with them.

i was wondering that too. seems one can live forever on "[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Tahoma, sans-serif]mechanical ventilation,"? or maybe some beleif that must pass CNY living then wont die...... either way if can live forvever with doctors and "[/FONT]mechanical ventilation,". why die then?

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

got people say that Lee Kuan Yew relatives all gathered at the hospital now and the situation is very tensed and solemn
only relatives? im sure there are alot of ball licking mps as well

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Paramount leader Deng Xiaoping's greatest wish was to see China retake control of Hongkong. He died a few months before. It appears another Asian leader will not be able to enjoy a landmark event in his career.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal

At this point in time, it is unlikely that he will make a full recovery and be discharged from hospital. It is however equally unlikely that this will be over in a week or so.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

how long can one be kept alive on "mechanical ventilation,"
before the rest of the body, skin etc degenrates?

or is there a way to preserve the outer body AND be on "mechanical ventilation," at teh same time?

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

how long can one be kept alive on "mechanical ventilation,"
before the rest of the body, skin etc degenrates?

or is there a way to preserve the outer body AND be on "mechanical ventilation," at teh same time?

Helo there...his other organs are already failing or some have even failed, what is there to 'perserve'?

maybe you should HOTA some of yours to him and then we can 'talk'! LoL

wenjin

Alfrescian
Loyal

Chap goh Mei may be public holiday?