• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Aljunied resident deeply disappointed with WP

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://balancingthesentiment.wordpr...isappointment/

Worker’s Party MP in Aljunied GRC Pritam Singh had the gall to say this in Parliament

“I fully believe when I do my house visits this Saturday, some of these questions (on AHPETC’s lapses) will come up. Likewise, they will come up for my fellow WP MPs. We will answer all of them. Why? Because of a duty to the residents. We will answer to them. Well, minister (Shanmugam), if you were a resident, I’ll answer your question. Thank you.” Source

Well Mr Singh, I’m a resident of Aljunied, will you answer to me? Why has the WP mismanaged and turned the finances of Aljunied from a surplus into a deficit? Based on how he and the rest of the WP MPs have carried themselves in Parliament, I seriously doubt they will ever give a satisfactory answer.

When this saga first broke out, WP chairman Sylvia Lim claimed the WP will address this issue in Parliament and in the meantime “look beyond the headlines and the summaries” and pore through the details of the AGO’s report to “have a better understanding of the issues”. Source

Well Ms Lim, in Parliament, your colleague Mr Singh refused to address this issue and instead pushed it to his residents like myself, I have no choice but to heed your advice to read the AGO report itself.

Going through the entire report, I read of lapses, lack of oversight, poor internal controls, poor compliance to regulations, conflicts of interests and mismanagement of sinking funds.

Millions of dollars are channeled to FMSS, a WP-linked organisation due to fees higher than other PAP estates. They then claim FMSS was the only one who answered the tender. I find that hard to believe. Nearly 40% of Singaporeans voted for the opposition, you tell me none of them want to work with the WP? Or has the WP set the tender criteria so strict that no one else felt it was a reasonable to submit a bid. It reminds me of the Brompton bikes case.

Others like to cite the AIM example. Need I say an MND report has exonerated any wrongdoings on the part of the PAP. Even if we put that aside for a second, what is $140 000 compared to the $6 400 000 of allegedly corrupted funds by the WP?

WP MP Png Heng Huat then went on the offensive claiming that government ministries also had lapses. Excuse me MP of Hougang, the topic of they day in Parliament is about the failures of the Aljunied administration and not about the ministerial oversights. You are going off-tangent here. Anti-government bloggers like to complain that the PAP likes to side-track issues. I don’t hear any similar comments on the WP this time. Why the double-standard this time?

Besides, those mistakes were committed by civil servants, not by PAP people. The mistakes such as conflicts of interests are directly related to YOUR party. In the end, we have to take things in context. No one can run a perfect country and ensure there are ZERO lapses. The lapses you cite have to be seen in the context of running a multi-billion dollar civil service and economy. The WP has made so many mistakes just by running a GRC a fraction the size of Singapore, imagine if they scale up?

Some have questioned the political motivations behind the AGO. The fact that MP Png’s “evidence” of ministerial failures themselves come from the AGO proves its impartiality. Anti-government bloggers, please check your facts before you accuse a government agency.

Bottom line: If the WP “A” team cannot even manage a GRC properly, I shudder to think what will happen if they win even more areas in the next election. I don’t even dare imagine the day they run Singapore.

Finally, I will still wish you all a Happy Chinese New Year! After all, this may be the last time I have the opportunity to do so.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I'm not disappointed with the WP because I had zero expectations in the first place.

vtran2684

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Resident has the choice to move to a PAP ward. No one told him to stay in Aljunied where the majority voted for the WP.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The Resident has the choice to move to a PAP ward. No one told him to stay in Aljunied where the majority voted for the WP.

Residents have a choice to VOTE THE WP OUT at the next election which is exactly what the majority of residents are going to do.

Stompiss

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, me too...

Demo... I'm more disappointed with this....

[video=youtube;072yaIg3T50]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=072yaIg3T50[/video]

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
pretend that this bootlicker, fertilizer stirrer is really aljunied resident, maybe he chose to stay put to be of greater use to the white scums?

i mean a 100 soldiers better or a spy useful-er?

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the level of disappointment is the gauge there will still be those who can say the WP has disappointed us less than the alternative. They still win.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Residents have a choice to VOTE THE WP OUT at the next election which is exactly what the majority of residents are going to do.

PAP will not dislodge WP from Aljunied. The people on the ground are not swayed by govt propaganda and know that this bickering is simply dirty politics at play.

People are not idiots anymore. Not so easy to fool the masses anymore these days.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP will not dislodge WP from Aljunied. The people on the ground are not swayed by govt propaganda and know that this bickering is simply dirty politics at play.

People are not idiots anymore. Not so easy to fool the masses anymore these days.

AJ GRC will unlikely fall as WP has done all the grassroots work to counter pap. The main targeted audiences are those electoral divisions run by pap and contested by WP. The pressure will be on WP to capture more seats else it upward momentum will be disrupted. If pap can stop WP from gaining more seats, then it a battle won

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
AJ GRC will unlikely fall as WP has done all the grassroots work to counter pap. The main targeted audiences are those electoral divisions run by pap and contested by WP. The pressure will be on WP to capture more seats else it upward momentum will be disrupted. If pap can stop WP from gaining more seats, then it a battle won

Readily agree.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fact remains that everytime the faults and lapses are pointed out on this WP issue. They and their supposed supporters point out lapses that occur in PAP wards which they deem similiar to their lapses but NEVER ANSWER TO THE QUESTIONS posed to them.

The way the WP and their supporters behave is like when a boss sits down with his employee and does his apprasial for the year and when the boss points out where this employee of his had lapses occurring for the pervious year's work, this employee of his instead of realising and coming to terms of his own lapses, points out where other colleages of his also had 'similiar' lapses.

This sort of employee ( like WP in this case) would be graded very poorly resulting in a sack later or sacked thereafter the appraisal.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The grassroots leaders are expecting a 6-7% vote swing in favour to PAP this coming elections. Should be a close call, but PAP will win back Aljunied GRC!