• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

153rd Chua zhaobor pounces on WP but also on PAP

vtran2684

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.tremeritus.com/2015/02/15/st-ed-asks-wp-to-come-clean-but-also-cautions-pap/

Ms Chua cautions PAP

However, Ms Chua did also take the opportunity to remind PAP that it should not duck some of the political issues raised by WP

“It was not too long ago that the PAP explicitly denied opposition constituencies access to government funds for upgrading or shunted them to the back of the queue. Meanwhile, anecdotal accounts of the career or business setbacks of those who have truck with opposition parties routinely make the rounds in the cocktail and kopitiam circuit,” She added.

Ms Chua brought up the disclosure made by WP MP Lee Li Lian in Parliament. Ms Lee had told stories of how companies shunned working for the opposition town council.

Ms Lee revealed in Parliament, “The tenderers were invited to attend the tender meeting in late April 2013, just before the handover in May. Unfortunately, representatives were sent from both companies to inform that they were no longer able to participate in the tender and would like to withdraw from the tender process. It was also followed up by written notices to the TC Chairman on their decision to withdraw without any valid reasons.”

“AHPETC had no choice but to respect the company’s decision to withdraw. As the incumbent conservancy contractor was to cease their services by end June 2013, the town counil then needed to quickly make a decision to invite companies to tender; otherwise no one will be clearing rubbish and cleaning lifts! This is just one of the many challenges opposition town council faces,” Ms Lee added.

“Regardless of political affiliations, residents’ interests should always be the priority and there should not be elements of political preference or fear. It will be sad if there are elements of fear when bidding for a project in opposition TCs.”

In the article, Ms Chua hinted that PAP should not dismiss such talk by the WP as politicking or playing the victim. Her caution came probably after realising the increase in public support for opposition from Singaporeans, due to their anger with many of the flawed policies from PAP these days.

Ms Chua concluded, “Singaporeans deserve better than a WP that ducks and evades responsibility. They also deserve better than a system that hobbles an opposition party from taking over a town administration smoothly.”

“Voters’ choice is sovereign, and a First World government must respect that choice and accord the legitimately-elected party the respect and assistance to carry out its duties it deserves,” she added.

“Singaporeans deserve no less.”

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good that she has a balance view.
Pappies should wake up why we are angry at them.
In order to remain in their power, they sacrifice voters in Oppo. wards.
They are easily forgetful about remark of "repent", "low-down estate" etc. comments giving us angry more on them.

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Chua sisters are worse than prostitutes. At least you can achieve orgasm with young pros. You can't even get an erection even if the Chuas sisters strip completely naked in front of you.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Good that she has a balance view.
Pappies should wake up why we are angry at them.
In order to remain in their power, they sacrifice voters in Oppo. wards.
They are easily forgetful about remark of "repent", "low-down estate" etc. comments giving us angry more on them.

You find the article balanced? Read the conclusion carefully

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Every month, the Chua Sisters receive 10 free crates of cucumber courtesy of NTUC for their loyalty to the PAP...

jw5

Loyal
Hopefully this CNY, they will run out of cucumbers and send angmolewlians instead. :biggrin:

Every month, the Chua Sisters receive 10 free crates of cucumber courtesy of NTUC for their loyalty to the PAP...

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
chua_mui_hoong.jpg

闭月羞花,沉鱼落雁,窈窕淑女,君子好逑

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
You find the article balanced? Read the conclusion carefully

I like the conclusion: "Ms Chua concluded, “Singaporeans deserve better than a WP that ducks and evades responsibility. They also deserve better than a system that hobbles an opposition party from taking over a town administration smoothly.”

I never hope those ST writers to write clearly against established because they need to keep their rice bowls.

jw5

Loyal
Why she say "system" and not "PAP"? :rolleyes::biggrin:

I like the conclusion: "Ms Chua concluded, “Singaporeans deserve better than a WP that ducks and evades responsibility. They also deserve better than a system that hobbles an opposition party from taking over a town administration smoothly.”

I never hope those ST writers to write clearly against established because they need to keep their rice bowls.

jw5

Loyal
What she needs is a young, single, opposition-supporting hunk who is well versed in the ways of man-woman relationships to woo her and change her. :wink::p

Now who in SBF fits the bill? Let me think and look around................................... :o:eek::biggrin:

She says that and she gets sacked. Why would you give up on a cushy dream job that's mostly spent on writing rubbish? :wink:

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
What she needs is a young, single, opposition-supporting hunk who is well versed in the ways of man-woman relationships to woo her and change her. :wink::p

Now who in SBF fits the bill? Let me think and look around................................... :o:eek::biggrin:

Count me out...
I am >50 and married.