• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I Found My Childhood Love!!!!

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
OK thanks.

Then there is also another nice type of tit bit - the sweet plum - small, black, sweet with same type of packing, although some people may find them too soft or sweet.

Anyway, enjoy them if we can as they seem to make their appearance only during CNY nowadays. Gone are the days of many varied tit bits to buy from the local provision or mamma shops. The children nowadays will find them alien....:biggrin:

last time can shoplift at mama shop...whahahaha:biggrin:
get caught...tell mama uncle sori ... mama uncle will scold and scold and still let you off threatening tomtell father mother until you lao jio...

now i see the kids shoplift...confirm finito...:biggrin:

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal
last time can shoplift at mama shop...whahahaha:biggrin:
get caught...tell mama uncle sori ... mama uncle will scold and scold and still let you off threatening tomtell father mother until you lao jio...

now i see the kids shoplift...confirm finito...:biggrin:

Nowadays all the tit bits seem to come in plastic packing. Even the Taiwan ones, mua chee, etc are packed in boxes, and bloody expensive. In the old days the tit bits were eaten for the 'shiok-ness' and sometimes they help in digestion too. So sad, all are bygones!!!

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Nowadays all the tit bits seem to come in plastic packing. Even the Taiwan ones, mua chee, etc are packed in boxes, and bloody expensive. In the old days the tit bits were eaten for the 'shiok-ness' and sometimes they help in digestion too. So sad, all are bygones!!!

go fu lu shou building basement jooseng...tit bits still reasonable lah...who ask u go takashimaya :biggrin:

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just curious.... are the ones you bought the hard type of kana or the softer ones? The softer ones are sweeter and when you open up the wrapper, can smell pleasant wave of olive smell. The harder type is sometimes slightly coated with some yellowish powder and taste more sourish. You bought at Chinatown stalls I presume? Cheers!! :biggrin:

agreed absolutely, it's the same situation that some guys encounter and that's when the hole trouble begins...
yup, it's even available in Chinatown :p

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal
agreed absolutely, it's the same situation that some guys encounter and that's when the hole trouble begins...
yup, it's even available in Chinatown :p

Yeah ... hole trouble.... the hole of bottomless profits and relentless greet... not the man in the street but the mandarins and 'you know who'.

jw5

Loyal
That's strange.

The clown who uses the moniker ThickFaceBlackHeart also claimed to have found his true love, using the moniker Belgarath.

But nothing heard from that nincompoop since that boliao announcement. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
The guy who uses the moniker ThickFaceBlackHeart and Belgarath is not Ng E Jay lah.

He tried to sabotage him because he thought that E Jay was part of the "taskforce" :rolleyes::biggrin: that exposed his master's identity.

But he isn't and once again, the clown and his master barked up the wrong tree. LOL. :biggrin:

wow....that is so posionous....:eek:

ummmm...gotta to be careful of that Snake :biggrin::biggrin:

and u have not answered me...will Pool win tonight!!! :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Couple Of Points:

1. Of course, we should all be careful of one another. :biggrin:

2. I think Pool will win but I hope they lose. :p

wow....that is so posionous....:eek:

ummmm...gotta to be careful of that Snake :biggrin::biggrin:

and u have not answered me...will Pool win tonight!!! :biggrin:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Just curious.... are the ones you bought the hard type of kana or the softer ones? The softer ones are sweeter and when you open up the wrapper, can smell pleasant wave of olive smell. The harder type is sometimes slightly coated with some yellowish powder and taste more sourish.

You bought at Chinatown stalls I presume?

Cheers!! :biggrin:

There are many types of kana. The one with the yellow powder is kum chou, roughly translated as golden grass in chinese. I don't what is the herb called that gives it the yellow colour. Could be cordyceps, but cordyceps is very expensive. They also have chilli kana, even green kana. I have not seen the ones wrapped for a long time, I just buy the bulk ones. Mostly from Taiwan now.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ok ok...what now?

i give you Ka Na eat to cool down ok?

Preserved plums or " Chan Pei Mui", used to be found in all the " chap hwey tiam" ( Provision stores), off the wall stalls, Chinese Medical Halls etc...or those shops selling all sorts of preserved whatever in Chinatown...ate a lot of these, when young. There was another preserve stuff call, " kam chan"..& the salted preserved ginger that is dyed in red & the preserved mango sliced in sweet & salted syrup...

all these, the younger ones don't know about...not to mention "sng buay"...:biggrin: best not eat too much of these preserved things...someone I know, especially ladies they love these stuffs, a woman developed kidney problems..too much salt etc..not to mention, it 'helps' to 'increase' your blood pressure..but what the heck!, we only live once..so eat with moderation & caution...must eat..EAT!