• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pa serves spoilt food, forces elderly to skip dinner during chingay dress rehearsal

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]PA SERVES SPOILT FOOD, FORCES ELDERLY TO SKIP DINNER DURING CHINGAY DRESS REHEARSAL[/h]
Post date:
10 Feb 2015 - 4:31pm

The People’s Association recently held a full dress Rehearsal for the Chingay Parade and proudly posted pictures of the Rehearsal on Facebook.
However, one netizen commented on the photos sharing the terrible experience that his elderly mother had had at the dress rehearsal.
He shared how the performers, all of whom are volunteers, were served spoilt food and many of the elderly performers were forced to skip dinner and practice late into the night.
Here is what he had to say about the event:
I've just picked up my mom from the CC near my house. She arrived back after a full dress rehearsal way after midnight (8 Feb 2014).
While on the way home, she told me what transpired during the rehearsal.
I was gravely concerned when she mentioned that the dinner prepared for her and her fellow performers had already turned bad by the time it was given to her around 5pm. Her fellow performers subsequently also discovered dinner packets with food that had around turned sour. This is unacceptable.
Food was later served again but unfortunately, her performing segment clashed with this and her whole performing contingent had to skip dinner!
My mum is already 68 years old. There are other performers in the same contingent, some older than her were similarly forced to finish their routine late into the night without dinner!
She as a Pioneer Generation of the country was very enthusiastic about this Chingay parade and has participated in multiple parades previously.
As her son. I am very disappointed over the organization and arrangement of the rehearsal.

After their segment was over, they had to wait till after 11pm before their transport arrived to ferry them back to their CC. I was already waiting at the CC around midnight with no sign of the bus.
At or around midnight, a bus arrived at the CC with schoolchildren presumably also performers (with their costumes) looking weary and tired with concerned parents waiting around to fetch their kids.
My mum's bus arrived about 15mins after this and the group of senior performers disembarked and my mom was complaining about the lack of coordination of food and transport for them.
I am extremely concerned about the organization and welfare for her and her friends. To me, this is unacceptable and very unreasonable for them as volunteers to be treated this way.
My mom was fortunate as I could be there to fetch her. Those families with no cars had to take public transport home. Bearing in mind that it was already midnight and to get home quick. Some had to bear the brunt of midnight taxi fares to go home with their performing costumes in tow!
I look forward to any response from the organizers of Chingay to rectify these points I have addressed. For her own safey, I had told her that if such situation persists, that she do NOT attend future rehearsals for her own well being and safety.
Lewis Loh
--
Following his complaint, PA said that they were looking into the matter. To which Mr Loh added that the families waiting to pick up the performers from CCs and RCs were kept in the dark and simply forced to wait for hours without any official notification about delays.
Do you think the PA should get its act together instead of forcing Elderly and young volunteers to suffer?

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Pa serves spoilt food, forces elderly to skip dinner during chingay dress rehears

Peasants need only simple food. Food near expiry is good enough.

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Pa serves spoilt food, forces elderly to skip dinner during chingay dress rehears

Another food poisoning going to happen?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

the mom who is a PA lackey deserve it. This the govt she voted for and she volunteer for the chingay herself so no right to complain.:oIo:

obigood........:kma:

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Karma is a bitch :p

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Anyone who gets involved with the People's Association in any way, shape or form is a de facto PAP dog or accomplice. There are no exceptions.

That includes those of you twits who signed up for this... fuck you too. Really, fuck you. :oIo:

card_passion.png

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

the mom who is a PA lackey deserve it. This the govt she voted for and she volunteer for the chingay herself so no right to complain.:oIo:

obigood........:kma:

Yes why are these elderly gladly doing free performance for PA? Can they not see many of their fellow elderly Singaporean need to work in menial jobs and feel something is wrong about the govt?

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

the mother had no choice to join the pa in order to participate in chingay-por for sinka-por and basically to porlampar - just to get some free meals in a styrofoam box, a free t-shirt and a rc sponsored trip to jb for some shopping and sight-seeing, and bragging rights to impress other old farts when she goes to the wet market.

worst still is this lewis low fella not stating the truth - he was pissed that the old lady had not done the laundry, mopped the floor and washed the toilets. she also has to get enuff rest to wake up early to prepare b;fast for his kids......she's smart :p

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal

arent we are dumb sinkies?how many abuse can we take?
senior folks,just boycott rehearsal and dont show up on actual day. what can PA do? charge in court?

clearly, SG50 is nothing but smoke screen for them to create more business transactions amongst their cronies to plunder our money.

PA dont give no shit about welfare,dont be a goon!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

This is what happen when you support PAP and do free jobs for PAP...

If they choose to protest and throw out the PAP, this kind of problem would not have happened.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hope got few old folks dropping dead during the next rehearsal or better still during the actual Chingay procession.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

S its OK for majority chinese to make noise during their festival, but not OK for others to do the same. is this meritocratic or subjugation of minorities?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Fucked up unloving son put his mom through this shit and then complain.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

This is what happen when you support PAP and do free jobs for PAP...

If they choose to protest and throw out the PAP, this kind of problem would not have happened.

Spot on jiu hu kia. PAP is crap.

Now why dun you start a protest instead of making noise behind your PC? Walk the talk.

If you have balls, go.physically screw pinkie's arse.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

This case clearly shows that Singaporeans are like the unfavourite children, no matter how hard you try like giving free performance, the unfavourite children will still be treated shabbily while the goodies will go to the favourite children who need not lift a finger and will still get the best. Don't understand why the 60% Singaporeans simply cannot get it! And how to correct such favouritism? By heck care the people who treat you shabbily lah! Don't vote for them, don't do free work!