• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Auditor-General finds 'major lapses' in Workers' Party-run town council accounts

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: $8 Msian Cow Asked WP MPs to Kill Themselves. Discuss.

Every year AGO found lapses in stat boards financials.Why Khaw And Shamu never ask the stat boards perm secs and ministars to kill themselves??

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why $8 MALAYSIAN Cow neber perform Seppuku on himself?

Lying about Mean Testing as health minister.
Didn't increase hospital bed numbers despite increase in population and increase in the silver brigade.
National park branded bike saga.
Bukit Batok Rat infestation.
BTO flats increase price despite resale flat price dropped.
why his dotter work in MOH while he was the health minister?:oIo:

vtran2684

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Shanmugam says WP took money from man in the street and gave it to their friends

Pi

Sian.. I have high hope as I see WP as the most viable alternative party, I lost my hope all of a sudden. Goh Meng Seng is the only opposition politician with integrity.. I very Sian.

You have faith in the wrong person

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: What happened to WP AHPETC III

Ah Pui, you not getting popular leow, jiak leow bee.

I wonder why those of you who have been monitoring my FB posting didn't copy and paste this to put it up here! :wink:

What happened to WP AHPETC III

I believe by now, almost all politically aware Singaporeans, especially Opposition party supporters, will realize that what WP has done in AHPETC, is absolutely a DUPLICATE of what PAP has been doing in Singapore, be it government institutions, Temasek Holdings, GIC, GLCs or just simply TC management.

Conflict of interests, is technically speaking, NOT ILLEGAL. But politically speaking, MORALLY, it should be avoided at all cost. In Hong Kong, the public and MSM take conflict of interests very very seriously. They will presume this as a precursor to corruption practices and will make reports to ICAC if no proper declaration or management checks and balances are in place to keep that in proper place.

There is really a very thin line between Conflict of Interests vs Corrupt practices. Declaring the vested interests is just an important step but that is not all. You will need a system of third party checks and balances to clear yourself of making dubious transactions or things which may be seen as "corruptions".

Politically speaking, perception is everything. The biggest conflict of interests in Singapore, is the Prime Minister and his Wife. It is really a BAD example for all although there is absolutely nothing illegal about it. Politically speaking, it must be avoided at all cost.

As an opposition party, we always triumph ourselves of putting PAP in check. But we will lose our moral high ground if we are found to behave or mimick PAP's bad practices of having all sorts of conflicts of interests in their governance. It doesn't help our cause at all.

Avoidance of conflict of interests is extremely important for both the ruling party as well as the opposition parties.

In this AHPETC saga, the only difference is that AHPETC has not learned ALL the necessary steps to be taken when it tries to mimick PAP's style of governance which is filled with all sorts of conflict of interest. It has forgotten to install appropriate management steps to make sure that such conflict of interest will be not seen as potential corrupt practices. Rightfully or wrongfully, this is why it ended up so badly in this saga.

Of course, WP people and hardcore Opposition supporters may start to point to the fact that what WP has done is no different from PAP on the surface. But the truth is, PAP is smarter in gaming the system here. It has made sure that at every turn and critical decision making process, proper third party certification or decision makers are roped in to justify or make good of the whole process to show the world there is no potential corrupt practice involved.

It is true that opposition party may have difficulties in finding suppliers or contractors to do the job. WP may be caught in the situation that apparent conflicts of interests are unavoidable. However, I do not believe that there is ZERO number of contractor interested in taking up smaller contracts. It may be a self fulfilling prophecy over time where Trust and Loyalty are placed above merits and good governance. i.e. Contractors may stop participating in the tender process if they feel that they will have near zero chance of getting the job when "close friends" of WP are bidding for the same project. WP may award their "close Friends" the tender even though their price is higher as this could be considered as "premium pricing" of Trust.

Apparently, PAP has an upper hand in such situation but it also means that PAP should have LESS REASONS to infest their system with so much conflicts of interests all over the place.

In short, it is not good enough to be just above board and declare you are CLEAN, you must also be SEEN to be CLEAN as well. This applies to both PAP as ruling party as well as opposition party like WP. Especially so for WP.

Goh Meng Seng

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Shanmugam says WP took money from man in the street and gave it to their friends

Pi

Sian.. I have high hope as I see WP as the most viable alternative party, I lost my hope all of a sudden. Goh Meng Seng is the only opposition politician with integrity.. I very Sian.

High hope on Politicians??? Pigs can fly if politicians can be truth...:biggrin:

vtran2684

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: What happened to WP AHPETC III

Goh Meng Seng is worse than Chee Soon Juan. At least Chee stayed in the same political party and fought using the same line. Goh hope around.

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dumbfuck WP supporter said he paid less water bills in AHPETC

10470596_797468936975783_6737359134443420814_n.jpg

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

All politicians the same la.

Politicians are like dogs. Telling them to behave is like telling them to walk with two legs which is against their nature.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why Shanmugam dare not say his Boss gave plum job to wifey?

Shan says WP favours friends......

He conveniently forgot about his boss and Ho Ching........ was there favour shown?

a4.jpg

K.Shanmugam.jpg

Say more I may get vulgar .....ok?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: SYLVIA LIM SPEECH ON AHPETC AUDIT DEBATE Shows FAP Traitors Merely Trying to Fix

The ferocity of the attacks with so many "seniors" attacking is reminiscent of the days when LKY used to berate CST in parliament.
But WP is holding up well - in particular his response to the Sham about replying in parliament. There are too many things that the
PAP has not responded in parliament. Why should WP?

As for bolls licker Sam Tan - the less said the better.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shanmugam’s chart raises questions about PAP TCs’ MA rates

However, upon closer inspection, the MA rates presented by the Law Minister appear to be lower than what Ms Lim would have expected.

An apparent anomaly were the residential and commercial unit rates which Mr Shanmugam’s chart indicated were the same.

AHPETC’s chairman, SylviaLim noticed this and highlighted this to Mr Shanmugam.

“From what I know, MA rates are usually different from residential units and commercial units,” Ms Lim said. “But in your chart, they are all the same. So I would like minister to clarify that there has been no mistake in this chart and it is really the fact that all this MA are charging the same rates for commercial and residential units because from the data that I have, even the MA for PAP town councils, such as CPG, from the Aljunied town council records that we have, the MA rate for commercial units was 12 dollars and something. So I think minister may want to check his chart.”

Mr Shanmugam got up and replied to Ms Lim immediately, “I can answer your answer straight away. You should look at annex 3 and you will see in the first page that the MA rates once they are done on a weighted average basis, these figures are accurate, [I’m] told by MND.”

However Ms Lim was unconvinced.

She said, “Minister, I would still request it to be checked because I don’t think it is correct.”

WP’s secretary-general Low Thia Khiang also told Mr Shanmugam that the rates cannot be the same.

Mr Shanmugam replied that he would check the rates for accuracy.

Indeed, looking at the figures, one would come to wonder if the figures are correct:

http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2015/02/shanmugams-chart-raises-questions-about-pap-tcs-ma-rates/

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

dat burger, ah calvin tok about ppl getting reckless ... death threats, etc n getting vile, spreading hatred ... all dose cum from where? ...

now iz clear dat it cum from dat harakiri-advocating $8 no-hart burger ... dat scumburger is a root of all violence, evil n hate ...

[h=1]CALVIN CHENG: MORE S'POREANS BREAK THE LAW BECAUSE OF ALTERNATIVE WEBSITES[/h] ...

It is my opinion that the current spate of people recklessly breaking the law, assaulting policemen, vandalism of HDB blocks, death threats etc is a direct result of rogue Internet sites.

People go online and read all the hatred and vile rhetoric, get psyched up, believe that there are many people who will support them, and get emboldened into breaking the law ...

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Why Shanmugam dare not say his Boss gave plum job to wifey?

There's a lot of double standard practices going on in this world.

Those big dogs who belongs to the same gang can do whatever they want.
They can bark or even bite at those puppies even if they are wrong and nobody can question them.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Khaw, what are you waiting for? Quick, go jump down from a tall building now. Assuming that you have any dignity at all. :rolleyes:

latest

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Shanmugam’s chart raises questions about PAP TCs’ MA rates

Those rates and figures are compiled by that Cow's cronies to nail the Blue shirts.
Let's see what story Cow will come out this time to cover up the mistakes.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

PAP committed lots of cocked ups over the years. Ah Khaw should be careful of what he wished for.

Yeah, if he doesn't kill himself, someone may 'assist' him with suicide. :wink:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: A day of infamy in parliament?

they have always resorted to violence.

Indeed. You don't need to use fists or weapons to be violent.

Veiled threats against the electorate about 'repenting' or about Singapore collapsing without 'the right govt in charge' or talking about sending in the military in the case of a freak election result... those are rather violent acts.

These overpaid PAP nincompoops have been in power for far too long. They're now intoxicated by the power, and they think of themselves as little emperors who are beyond reproach.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Shanmugam’s chart raises questions about PAP TCs’ MA rates

However, upon closer inspection, the MA rates presented by the Law Minister appear to be lower than what Ms Lim would have expected.

An apparent anomaly were the residential and commercial unit rates which Mr Shanmugam’s chart indicated were the same.

AHPETC’s chairman, SylviaLim noticed this and highlighted this to Mr Shanmugam.

“From what I know, MA rates are usually different from residential units and commercial units,” Ms Lim said. “But in your chart, they are all the same. So I would like minister to clarify that there has been no mistake in this chart and it is really the fact that all this MA are charging the same rates for commercial and residential units because from the data that I have, even the MA for PAP town councils, such as CPG, from the Aljunied town council records that we have, the MA rate for commercial units was 12 dollars and something. So I think minister may want to check his chart.”

Mr Shanmugam got up and replied to Ms Lim immediately, “I can answer your answer straight away. You should look at annex 3 and you will see in the first page that the MA rates once they are done on a weighted average basis, these figures are accurate, [I’m] told by MND.”

However Ms Lim was unconvinced.

She said, “Minister, I would still request it to be checked because I don’t think it is correct.”

WP’s secretary-general Low Thia Khiang also told Mr Shanmugam that the rates cannot be the same.

Mr Shanmugam replied that he would check the rates for accuracy.

Indeed, looking at the figures, one would come to wonder if the figures are correct:

http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2015/02/shanmugams-chart-raises-questions-about-pap-tcs-ma-rates/
Even if the nos r wrong, the Ministar can make it correct!