• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Greenland Danga Bay – Jade Palace

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another superb project at Danga Bay. This will really change the skyline of JB.

Below are some Project Info
Low density as the whole project only has 2000+ units in 17 acres land.
Total 13 towers, 4 towers are open for booking now.
Unit types:
1 bedroom – 488 sq.ft
2 bedrooms - 807, 822, 825, 917 sq.ft
2+1 bedroom – 988 sq.ft
3 bedrooms - 1076, 1241 sq.ft

Greenland Danga Bay will build commercial shop offices, theme street malls, resort homes and stylish high-rise residences with panoramic view.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Greenland had probably noticed the mistakes made by the other 2 competitors by putting in lesser commercial units.
The overall density is much lower with apartment blocks more widely spaced and selling price are generally also lower.
Their late entry now means they need to give a more attractive offer in order to catch up with the others.
Overall, it seems like its a better offer than the other 2 projects.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Greenland had probably noticed the mistakes made by the other 2 competitors by putting in lesser commercial units.
The overall density is much lower with apartment blocks more widely spaced and selling price are generally also lower.
Their late entry now means they need to give a more attractive offer in order to catch up with the others.
Overall, it seems like its a better offer than the other 2 projects.

Cannot deny that Jade Palace is the main competitor of Princess Cove now. These two projects are the best so far in JB now.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wonderful.. More and more sinkies are getting out of sinkieland and move to JB.. Recent, I know of a friend who bought a unit at dangna Bay.. A perpetual hater of PAP.

Zelphon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wonderful.. More and more sinkies are getting out of sinkieland and move to JB.. Recent, I know of a friend who bought a unit at dangna Bay.. A perpetual hater of PAP.

LOL..

I am a perpetual PAP HATER !!!!

Anyway, anyone got a hold of the actual pricing?
Seems like it is cheaper than Country Garden...

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes. Staying in a luxury condo in JB definitely is better than HDB flat. Welcome Singaporeans!

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally I think,there are pro and cons,reading how the minister behave and talk starts to worry abit,the old man is right abt a stroke of the man,anyway is it another weekend handout for the family beside the country garden and RF?Thus this project got waive for foreigner buying 500k and above?Probably can drop by and cc duirng chinese new year period.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
The old man is right about with a stroke of the pen.

But here it is stroke of the law it works just the same since laws can pass through as they like.

Everywhere some good some bad and don't just listen to one side.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Found out that the price is RM 415,000 for one bedroom ....488 sq. ft. / RM 850 psf.

Greenland is going to put a lot of pressure to PC and Country Garden with their relative lower pricing!
However, have to compare apple to apple on their quality of finishes, facilities included, layout plan, location, etc.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Greenland is going to put a lot of pressure to PC and Country Garden with their relative lower pricing!
However, have to compare apple to apple on their quality of finishes, facilities included, layout plan, location, etc.

You are right on this. PC and Country Garden are indeed sweating now. I will definitely visit their showroom once is ready to check the quality of finishes at JP.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about for 2 or 3 bedrooms?

Any idea when the showroom will be ready. Tried to go there twice but apparently it's still not yet ready.

Anyway, generally speaking the prices are lowered now for new launches. Robert Kuok project in Puteri Harbour is also around this price if I'm not mistaken.
I guess that's the market reality now.

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Any idea when the showroom will be ready. Tried to go there twice but apparently it's still not yet ready.

Anyway, generally speaking the prices are lowered now for new launches. Robert Kuok project in Puteri Harbour is also around this price if I'm not mistaken.
I guess that's the market reality now.

I don't know if this is a good time to enter the market from a developers perspective. There is already over supply n I wonder how these condo developers can find extra buyers. I talk to event organizers n they tell me most pple just go for the free food n buyers are few. This will raise doubts as to whether all these China developers are genuinely here to make money or to launder money.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Staying in a luxury condo in JB definitely is better than HDB flat. Welcome Singaporeans!

Wrong. HDB is better than JB. Investing in property is about location, and HDB location is in Singapore. A woodland HDB is better than a JB condo anytime at current pricing points.
Rental for HDB is stable, demand is stable. JB condo is overpriced and oversupplied.
I'm pretty sure Singaporeans are not dumb, but just in case of blur newbies with a couple of tens of K precious savings sitting idle in the bank getting itchy fingers, please don't listen blindly listen to this salesman. Do your own due diligence. At 500k above for condo due to foreigner limit, it is very difficult currently for a Singaporean to buy those condo with good rental yield. I can buy condo with decent rental prospects in JB. They cost less than 400RM psf and in places where confirmed are rentable in JB. Even that I didn't buy , preferring to go with landed which is safer for longer term horizons.
2000 unit condo is not a low density project. The units coming online from just these handful of china developers are incredible - tens of thousands coming soon. They have totally screwed up JB high rise market.

Last edited:

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wrong. HDB is better than JB. Investing in property is about location, and HDB location is in Singapore. Even a woodland HDB is better than a JB condo anytime.
Rental for HDB is stable, demand is stable. JB condo is overpriced and oversupplied.
I'm pretty sure Singaporeans are not dumb, but just in case of blur newbies with a couple of tens of K precious savings sitting idle in the bank getting itchy fingers, please don't listen blindly listen to this salesman. Do your own due diligence. At 500k above for condo due to foreigner limit, it is very difficult currently for a Singaporean to buy those condo with good rental yield. I can buy condo with decent rental prospects in JB. They cost less than 400RM psf and in places where confirmed are rentable in JB. Even that I didn't buy , preferring to go with landed which is safer.
2000 unit condo is not a low density project. The units coming online from just these handful of china developers are incredible - tens of thousands coming soon. They have totally screwed up JB high rise market.
huh!!!! cannot find anything positive????

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess the biggest advantage of landed is that a few guys can share the rental and bring it down to a more affordable level. For a bread-and-butter double storey terrace, there are 4 bedrooms that can be let out, at RM2k to 3k.

Assuming 2 to a room at a high of RM 3k, each person only needs to fork out RM375 or around S$144 monthly. At a low of RM2k, each person's monthly outlay is RM250 or S$96.

In contrast, a HDB room rental usually cost around S$600 to S$700, and assuming 2 to a room, monthly rental would be S$300 - S$350. Of course, the trade-off is time vs money.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess the biggest advantage of landed is that a few guys can share the rental and bring it down to a more affordable level. For a bread-and-butter double storey terrace, there are 4 bedrooms that can be let out, at RM2k to 3k.

Assuming 2 to a room at a high of RM 3k, each person only needs to fork out RM375 or around S$144 monthly. At a low of RM2k, each person's monthly outlay is RM250 or S$96.

In contrast, a HDB room rental usually cost around S$600 to S$700, and assuming 2 to a room, monthly rental would be S$300 - S$350. Of course, the trade-off is time vs money.

Is more than just the factor of rentability to consider. If you rent your house to too many parties or allow your tenant to sub let the rooms of your house, you may find yourself in big trouble later. Not only you may find it hard to manage in rental collection but the condition of your house may be in a undesirable state when your tenants shift out later. Not sure in Singapore, but in Malaysia, normally we do not allow tenant to sub let the rooms to other people.