• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Froggy's $2 Breakfast - Shiok!

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
In Chinatown this late morning ... chanced upon this stall ... needed some comfort food as I am increasing jealous of Froggy stealing AhGirl from me yesterday...:biggrin:

Whahahahahaha...:biggrin:

On a serious note.... very good breakfast... the congee though a bit watery has bits of fishes infused in it with nice soft peanuts...

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
U walk to bendemeer boon keng.
this stall cheap n nice.
i like the mee hoon most..
got any Q today..

yourlaubu

Alfrescian
Loyal
you damn boh standard, limbu just had buffet breakfast at shangri-la

edited51.jpg

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
go to redhill hawker centre. the most expensive one our ultra rich pinky queued up for. their super shiok char bee hoon is only 60c. add in a brazilian yummy crispy humongous chicken wing of $1.20. less than $2

pinky's queue there has escalated the chicken wing to $10k each!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The only beehoon I like for breakfast is the Tanglin Halt Vegetarian Beehoon, you should try it some day.

My breakfast today is a simple chicken rice 45 baht or S$1.85 bought at the main road near my home.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you guys are so lucky to have $1 to $2 breakfast. this was my breakfast at a kopitiam, and i had to pay $11.75 plus a tip of $2.25.

image.jpg

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only beehoon I like for breakfast is the Tanglin Halt Vegetarian Beehoon, you should try it some day.

My breakfast today is a simple chicken rice 45 baht or S$1.85 bought at the main road near my home.

Disgusting+Snake+Soup+Meal+Served+In+Chinese+Restaurant2.jpgthis soup go with chicken rice

Last edited:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset

Good stuff leh...I am getting used to Thai chicken rice...less oily than Sinkie version...:biggrin:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset

Hahaha...ok.... now i eat $1 Bedok Chwee Kuey for lunch..

JoverChew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chang Ji Gourmet

http://justeatla.blogspot.sg/2014/07/chang-ji-gourmet.html

I saw a long queue at this stall.And It was not even open yet.

A gourmet meal for my breakfast.

IMG_9241.JPG

Ha Ha.. wait a minute don't be carried away the by the name.These are very very simple dishes.

IMG_9206.JPG

IMG_9244.JPG

Yes, these are very simple breakfast bee hoon,porridge and mee.

They only sell these 3 dishes and nothing else.Yes no sides and still pulling the crowd.

IMG_9231.JPG

IMG_9235.JPG

For me the real star here has to be the dark soya bee hoon.It had this so close to a yester year taste to it

It had this elastic,slight chewiness,prefect wok hei taste,very tasty.

This taste was quite common some 30-40 years back.

Nowadays you don't get this.

Just loved the taste I make 3 extra trips just eat the bee hoon.

All 3 dishes were priced $1.00 each.

They fry in large quantity a number times and gets sold by noon maybe earlier at times.

So confident of their products it's really surprising they don't even sell any sides.

Gourmet? yes!, After decades to have this bee hoon was a real gourmet treat for me.

Chang Ji Gourmet
#02-110
Chinatown Complex Market
Blk 335 Smith Street

AhGirl

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Chinatown this late morning ... chanced upon this stall ... needed some comfort food as I am increasing jealous of Froggy stealing AhGirl from me yesterday...:biggrin:

Whahahahahaha...:biggrin:

On a serious note.... very good breakfast... the congee though a bit watery has bits of fishes infused in it with nice soft peanuts...

This look like on Carbo x 2 Type of meal. Definitely not suited for girls like me. No thanks.