• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CPF System review : It still does not address the basic issues of................

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is the issue the Prof should address n not to add it more and more tweats that even the Phd students will get muddle up.

If we have a forthright intention, just lay the facts simple and fair..we will respect u more.

I just use a illustration from our nearest neighbour...Malaysia

THEY PAY A HIGHER RATE OF INTEREST TO THEIR PEOPLE FOR THEIR RETIREMENT FUND.

THEY HONOUR THEIR WITHDRAWAL AGE COMMITMENT.

Their govt does not short-changed their own people. Any deficiencies or shortfall, they look to help those that fall through the cracks.

So their retirement plan is short and simple and forthright and the people are happy because their Government honour their words and commitment.

As have indicated :

1. Increase the interest payable, but increase the minimum sum of 3% annually from 2017 to 2020
2. Choice of withdrawing the full sum comes 55.........

Why can't they just pegged it to Singapore's inflation rate for a start.......eg, Singapore's inflation +1.5% (is it so difficult??)
Except for the enhanced part, nothing much have changed.

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
1984 GIC more capable, can give 6.5% interest for OA/SA/MA

Screenshot%u00252B-%u00252B1_24_2015%u00252B%u00252C%u00252B10_16_09%u00252BPM.jpg

GIC now cannot give

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: 1984 GIC more capable, can give 6.5% interest for OA/SA/MA

once Ponzi scheme mature liao, of course payouts must reduce to keep the game going longer mah.............

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: 1984 GIC more capable, can give 6.5% interest for OA/SA/MA

new gen leaders are no good?

expected when they paid them millions.

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
CPF can stop CPF Life payment unless fund solvent

Screenshot%2B-%2B2_6_2015%2B%2C%2B12_34_13%2BAM.jpg

Screenshot%2B-%2B2_6_2015%2B%2C%2B12_31_39%2BAM.jpg

Screenshot%2B-%2B2_6_2015%2B%2C%2B12_30_45%2BAM.jpg

The remark was directed at Madam Halimah, chairman of the Government Parliamentary Committee for Manpower, who noted that the law allows the CPF Board to stop CPFLife payments unless the Lifelong Income Fund is solvent. 'While I can understand the legal basis for this provision, I find it quite disturbing to have it reflected in the Bill,' she said.

There are similar clauses for commercial insurance companies, she noted, but added: 'The relationship between the CPF Board and the CPF members, however, is not just a legal contract but... a social contract as the board has a social responsibility to manage CPF funds prudently in order to help Singaporeans meet their retirement needs.' She wanted to know what are the safeguards for protecting CPF members against the risk of the fund's insolvency.

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: CPF can stop CPF Life payment unless the fund

CPFLife is starting to sound like a big ripoff. First they rip you of your returns, now they rip you off the balance. Gosh, talk about greed.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Law supercedes any assurance made.

There is no reason why the government cannot remove that clause.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

CPF belongs to the FAMILEE, its a form of protection $$$ to work here.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ass Loon: MANY SGs ARE "QUIETLY HAPPY" WITH THE CPF SYSTEM

[h=1]PM LEE: MANY SINGAPOREANS ARE "QUIETLY HAPPY" WITH THE CPF SYSTEM[/h]
Post date:
5 Feb 2015 - 9:55pm

The CPF Advisory Panel has recently submitted its recommendations to the government on how it thinks the CPF system should be tweaked.
(See: CPF Advisory Panel Suggests Raising the CPF Minimum Sum More in Future; CPF Advisory Panel Suggests that People should Lock Up even more Money in CPF)
Some of the suggestions included three tiers of ‘minimum sum’ as well as allowing 20% withdrawal at age 65 and also allowing people to put in more money into CPF if they want.
Responding to media queries about the recommendations, PM Lee Hsien Loong said that he felt they were “good”. He also noted that they were the same as the things he had announced during the last National Day Rally, “These are just fulfilment and definition of what I had sketched out last year at the Rally.”
It seems that the whole job of the CPF advisory panel was unnecessary and their exercise in conducting dialogues with 400 Singaporeans was just a wayang as they already knew what they wanted to change anyway.
PM Lee also noted that many Singaporeans are actually “quietly happy” with the CPF scheme as they know that they are getting a good deal.
He said that there are already people who choose to leave extra money in their CPF savings even after the drawdown age.
“They don’t get a lot of publicity, they don’t jump around at Hong Lim Green, but they quietly know this is a good deal. And what the committee is recommending, makes it an even better deal,” PM Lee said.
Speaking on the suggested basic sum and enhanced sums, he said that the basic sum would probably only apply to the lowest 25% of income earners and they are going to be getting 4% interest on the money they put in.

He also praised the suggested enhanced sum saying “If you’re an executive and earning generous pay, you know how to look after yourself. But if you’re an average Singaporean, you have a bit more money, to say ‘go and set up your own retirement scheme’, I think that’s not possible,” he said.
“So I think it’s right that… beyond the Full Retirement Sum ($161,000), if people want to put more in, do that. (But) there has to be a limit, otherwise if you have a lot of money, you just dump it in the CPF, it becomes the Government’s duty,” he added.
Basically, PM Lee is saying that the recommendations, which are really just a rehash of his own suggestions during the National Day Rally, are good and have achieved the right balance.
He also noted that many Singaporeans are happy with the CPF system.
Since the recommendations have the approval of PM Lee, it looks like the suggestions will become a policy in no time as the PAP has an absolute majority in parliament.
Even if some opposition members raise concerns that there is not enough changes being made, their voices will just be heard in a parliamentary “debate” before the policy is pushed through on PAP’s terms.
What do you think? Are you part of the group of people who are ‘quietly happy’ with the CPF system?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: Ass Loon: MANY SGs ARE "QUIETLY HAPPY" WITH THE CPF SYSTEM

I am not quietly happy with the CPF system. I am openly and joyfully happy with the scheme and I wish other countries would adopt a similar strategy towards retirement planning.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset

quietly happy is what ... masturbating yourself ah?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

The best way is for the whole population of sinkies to protest on the street and throw out the PAP lah..

what is wait for CPF to stop them... Sinkies are ball-less shit fucks..what a disgrace!!!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

CPF Life is an annuity, is it not? I've never heard of an annuity plan that stops payments before you're dead. :wink:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Got lah ie. if the insurance co go bust.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There's that 'wisdom of the silent majority' talk again from the pappies and their deluded supporters. :rolleyes:

After all, that's why the PAP IBs had set up this blog in GE2011. :wink:

The Silent Majority of Singapore
http://sgsilentmajority.blogspot.com

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal

i THINK pm is speaking for himself n the well-to-dos. They do not
need to live on/by their CPF.
I know, coz Im average with cash in hand.