• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Suffering from joint pain, thinning hair,wrinkles, weak nails?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was suffering from an aching shoulder. When I moved the arm I would hear a creeking sound, It would also hurt a dull pain. I took serrapeptase & fish oil & it helped. I then read about something called Collagen. There is Type 2 Collagen which more for joint lubrication.

Type 1 & 3 Collagen which is for skin, hair, muscle tendons, ligaments, & bone but I think there is some overlap between the various Collagens.

After watching the following video about the product I decided to try a few of these products.

[video=youtube;DR5L2XXyynQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR5L2XXyynQ[/video]

Well I bought 3 of these products:
1 Neocell, Collagen Joint Complex Containing HA, Type 2, 120 Capsules http://www.iherb.com/Neocell-Collag...sc=0&lc=en-US&w=collagen&rc=663&sr=null&ic=58
2 Neocell, Super Collagen+C, Type 1 & 3, 250 Tablets http://www.iherb.com/Neocell-Super-...isc=0&lc=en-US&w=collagen&rc=663&sr=null&ic=2
3 Natural Factors, BioSil, ch-OSA Advanced Collagen Generator, 1 fl oz (30 ml) http://www.iherb.com/Natural-Factor...sc=0&lc=en-US&w=collagen&rc=663&sr=null&ic=54

I got it to improve my joint lubrication which the Type 2 seems to do. I remember some people were asking for recommendations for thinning hair. This might be the product you are looking for.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
based on your post about your joint pain..i can confirm that you still eat meat and diary and lack of exercise.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here is a video explaining some of the science behind Biosil

[video=youtube;yQQGV2bMAcw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQQGV2bMAcw[/video]

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you want to ingest collagen, eat pig trotters and pig skin. Go to your nearest kway chap stall now.

P.S: Tonychat is right about dairy. Cut down on its intake. Don't even bother with the healthier varieties e.g. yogurt.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
based on your post about your joint pain..i can confirm that you still eat meat and diary and lack of exercise.

I am getting old:(
Collagen is not only about vanity e.g. targetting firmer & prettier skin, hair,... As I get older one thing I've noticed that I easily get cuts on my skin. Using collagen supplements will I hope help to thicken my skin.
Most of the collagen products from Neocell include bovine or fish protein. I think it makes the product more effective:confused:

Biosil is vegetarian but I don't know how effective it is compared to the Neocell products. That is why I am trying them both.

I'm also concerned about the health of my blood vessels. I read that the founder of Neocell started looking into collagen after he had a heart attack. So collagen is also required for inner health.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Johnny333

joint problems could be due to wearing off of the cartilage, ligament or tendon............so Type 2 collagen or Type 1 leh ?

my mom's already taking hyaluronic acid..........along with vit D3, blackstrap molasses, apple cider vinegar, raw honey, astaxanthin, iodine, selenium

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Johnny333

joint problems could be due to wearing off of the cartilage, ligament or tendon............so Type 2 collagen or Type 1 leh ?

my mom's already taking hyaluronic acid..........along with vit D3, blackstrap molasses, apple cider vinegar, raw honey, astaxanthin, iodine, selenium

It's only been a couple of days since I've started taking Type 2 Collagen & it's helped with the pain. It's cheaper than Serrepaptase, however I am still continuing with Serrapaptase because for me it helps to clear excess fluids from my lungs. More important is that it's suppose to break down plaque in the blood stream.

The Neocell Type 2 product utilises chicken protein while the Type 1 & 3 product uses beef protein. They have another product which uses fish protein. I don't know why they have so many different products:confused:
It may be that different people respond differently to the products?

I'm taking the shotgun approach :smile:
I'm using the Type 2 product in the morning with my juices because it needs Vitamin C to be effective.
In the evening I take the type 1 & 3 product which only requires that it be taken on an empty stomach.

FYI. Nutrex has a product which provides 12gms of Astaxanthin http://www.iherb.com/Nutrex-BioAsti...1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=nutrex&rc=39&sr=null&ic=2
Some people don't feel the benefits of astaxanthin unless they take the higher does.

I'm moving towards food based nutriition. That is why I'm now regularly taking Spirulina & chlorella. In the past I would only take it periodically to detox. They are foods that provide lots of necessary things for good health e,g,iodine, protein,Vitamin B, selenium...

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
To johnny333

Before you take any health supplements, please check with your medical doctor on whether you need them.

An example: if you'd checked with your medical doctor, you'd have been told that buying and eating collagen supplements is a waste of money and effort.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To johnny333

Before you take any health supplements, please check with your medical doctor on whether you need them.

An example: if you'd checked with your medical doctor, you'd have been told that buying and eating collagen supplements is a waste of money and effort.

The collagen product I am taking has helped with my painful shoulder. So I would have to disagree that they are a waste of money. It is made up of various ingredient that is beneficial for joint pains : collagen, glucosamine, chondroitin, hyaluronic acid. Don't know if it is the collagen but the important thing for me is that it has relieved the pain

I can't comment about all the other aspects e.g. better skin, reduce wrinles,... because I have only started taking it for a week.

As with all supplements it is difficult to determine effectiveness because of so many confounding variables: age, sex, health conditions. There are also different brands & some may be more effective than others for some people & not for others.

For those with thinning hair it is I think worth a try because there are no medical solutions other than propecia which hasn't got a good record & costs more.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's only been a couple of days since I've started taking Type 2 Collagen & it's helped with the pain. It's cheaper than Serrepaptase, however I am still continuing with Serrapaptase because for me it helps to clear excess fluids from my lungs. More important is that it's suppose to break down plaque in the blood stream.

The Neocell Type 2 product utilises chicken protein while the Type 1 & 3 product uses beef protein. They have another product which uses fish protein. I don't know why they have so many different products:confused:
It may be that different people respond differently to the products?

I'm taking the shotgun approach :smile:
I'm using the Type 2 product in the morning with my juices because it needs Vitamin C to be effective.
In the evening I take the type 1 & 3 product which only requires that it be taken on an empty stomach.

FYI. Nutrex has a product which provides 12gms of Astaxanthin http://www.iherb.com/Nutrex-BioAsti...1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=nutrex&rc=39&sr=null&ic=2
Some people don't feel the benefits of astaxanthin unless they take the higher does.

I'm moving towards food based nutriition. That is why I'm now regularly taking Spirulina & chlorella. In the past I would only take it periodically to detox. They are foods that provide lots of necessary things for good health e,g,iodine, protein,Vitamin B, selenium...

my mom taking the Nutrex brand too........so you recommend type 2 collagen ?

I'm thinking of adding boron..............she's also on MSM

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To johnny333

Dr Tim Oshea an American doctor does does not agree that it is a "waste of money". He has seen the health benefits of hydrolyzed collagen in his patients. The collagen that I am referring to is hydrolyzed. In other words the molecules are smaller than ordinary collagen. It is 3,000 daltons compared to normal collagen which 45,000 daltons . The smaller size means that it is more absorbable by the body.

Some of the benefits he's seen in his patients:
osteoporosis
arthritis
breathing problems
heart problems
prostate problems
circulatory problems
improvement to muscles
arterial strengthening
increase in energy
improvement to kidney
improvement in high blood pressure
herniated disk

Go take a look at the video:

[video=youtube;VfR1s3H3Gko]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfR1s3H3Gko[/video]

jw5

Loyal
johnny333, what you need is a woman who soothes you and piques your interest. :wink:

Suddenly you will find that your hair becomes thicker and the nails stronger and longer. And not just the hair and nails. :biggrin:

adultstem

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suggest all of you give stem cell nutrition a go. The adult stem cells from your own body to help you heal and renew yourself. Many who have been on stem cell nutrition, have got back their lives. No more joint pain. Thicker hair and stronger nails. Many many more...

Please watch this video,"StemEnhance" the Biggest Scientific & Medical breakthrough of our time! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJUKCXmLxj4&featur e=related

If you would like to try give it a shot, you may order the products at http://stemcellnutritionsingapore.stemtech.com/SG

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1. Research and know that our body structure is capable of living hundreds of years but our body cell purposely dies just to fulfill our "Wish" or Desire to be
old and dying. Your age only exists within your mind !

2. Rid yourselves of the toxic rats poison in your water and toothpaste. FYI your regular water filter system doesn't clean it. So whatever "Healthy" food you eat + rat poison is not gonna help.

Last edited:

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
The collagen product I am taking has helped with my painful shoulder. So I would have to disagree that they are a waste of money. It is made up of various ingredient that is beneficial for joint pains : collagen, glucosamine, chondroitin, hyaluronic acid. Don't know if it is the collagen but the important thing for me is that it has relieved the pain.
Your above reply shows you're confused about what it is exactly that allegedly alleviates your painful shoulder.

In posts #1 and 10, you didn't mention that your collagen supplement contained other products such as glucosamine, chondroitin and hya. acid.

Before you attribute the efficacy of collagen in treating your painful shoulder and recommend it to us on this forum, you should eliminate the effects of glucosamine et. al.

What's the name of the product that you claimed worked wonders for you? (Web links to the product will do too.)

Who's the manufacturer? What's its website address?