• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If this is levitation, then no need to show u a flying pig...

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video=youtube_share;K78t2-W2jag]http://youtu.be/K78t2-W2jag[/video]

That's right. If this is levitation, then no need to show you a flying pig. I just need to throw a pig into the air and that will be a flying pig for you.

What a bunch of fuckless idiots.....just like the ex-Pope becomes a saint because some idiot says a miracle happens to him due to the ex-Pope and that miracle is something like a tumour disappearing. What a fucking scam and suckers are born every second to make these people rich and powerful.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
graphics-tigger-097796.gif

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nityananda is a fraud. He was caught on camera having an 'enlightenment session' with a female follower. :biggrin:

[video=youtube;ipM7SK2b6Wc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipM7SK2b6Wc[/video]

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You know the fucking worst thing about this? It's not about him being a fraud cos that is apparent enough it's him being a shit skin and somehow him being a shit skin well more people believe him compared to him being a chinese.

Honestly speaking and i want to start a thread about this soon. It's what is it about shit skins that somehow more ppl are willing to believe their BS compared to a chinese for example. I'm really curious about this and want to get to the bottom of it.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
From the Buddhist's point of view, supernatural powers including levitation are just by product of meditation.

It mean that the ways to get supernatural powers are universal. ( the strong karma from the past lives and times + practicing with strong concentration of mind and body with a teacher)

But again, to Buddhism, these supernatural power are not important.

Buddha said:

"1. The marvel of supernormal power to appear as many persons, to pass through walls, to fly through the air, walk on water. All these are physical actions the ordinary people cannot perform.

2. The supernormal power to read other people's minds.

3. The supernormal power to be able to guide people according to their mental development, for their own good, using suitable methods to fit these people.

The first two supernormal powers, if displayed for their own sake in order to impress people, are no different from the performance of magicians. A monk who practices such worldly miracles is a source of shame, humiliation and disgust. Such actions may impress and win converts and followers, but they do not bring enlightenment to help them put an end to suffering.

The third kind of supernormal power, though, which may be called a "miracle", helps people to get rid of suffering. This is the only supernormal power that is fit to be practiced.
"

Make sense?

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Nityananda is a fraud. He was caught on camera having an 'enlightenment session' with a female follower. :biggrin:

[video=youtube;ipM7SK2b6Wc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipM7SK2b6Wc[/video]

1. They did not have sex, (same same Clinton and Monica did not have sex)
2. Did his religion say a person like him cannot have intimacy?
3. The person in the video could be an actor, people trying to do him in like PAP.

Anyway for the levitation video all I saw was a bunch of monkeys trying to jump with their legs crossed.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
You know the fucking worst thing about this? It's not about him being a fraud cos that is apparent enough it's him being a shit skin and somehow him being a shit skin well more people believe him compared to him being a chinese.

Dhey, Chinese don't levitate la.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This video shows real levitation. It's just a yogic technique, a siddhi, that can be learned but requires years of training and practice and deep meditation. The principle is to align the pranic forces in the body so that they neutralize the force of gravity, much like an electromagnetic field.

A variant of this is the Tibetan Buddhist lung gom pa running, when trained messengers can run for up to 150 km a day for 48 hours straight while in a light trance, at very rapid speeds using a bounding gait (about 3 to 4 m per stride).

The Chinese Buddhist qing gong is also a form of levitation.

[video=youtube;BShBXdlStWU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BShBXdlStWU[/video]

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
A variant of this is the Tibetan Buddhist lung gom pa running, when trained messengers can run for up to 150 km a day for 48 hours straight while in a light trance, at very rapid speeds using a bounding gait (about 3 to 4 m per stride).

This is interesting, is there any video link on this?

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is interesting, is there any video link on this?

No, because these messenger monks are usually holed up in highly secretive ashrams in the wilds of Tibet (not touristy places like Lhasa).

But the Scottish doctor-explorer Murdo MacDonald, who spent some years learning Tibetan Buddhist siddhis, described it in his book Beyond the Himalayas: http://www.soilandhealth.org/03sov/0304spiritpsych/030418.beyond.himalayas.pdf

Below is the relevant passage:

“First of all,” said Malapa, “my pupils must learn levitation through the practice ofspecial breathing excercises. The body then becomes light; sometimes bodies become so lightthat they have to be weighed down to prevent their floating away.”

I said that I had seen levitation in India but he laughed and declared that was child’s play.

“First of all,” he said, “I take a raw boy lama over fourteen years but under eighteenyears, because the power of the lung-gom-pa is obtained only after a long course ofprobationary excercises. The breathing must be carefully regulated; the devotee must haveperfect control of his mind and body. The body must be completely motionless, also there mustbe the ability to sink into a deep trance which enables him to use inner forces, thereby reversingthe polarity at will.

I said: “I understand from Yoga that, as the free energy in the atmosphere is pumpedinto the body through certain breathing exercises, the body becomes light, so that at will it canbe moved in any direction at speed, medium or slow, according to the desired effect required.”

“Yes,” he affirmed, “the flying lama, or what we call the lung-gom-pa, is anastounding person. He goes into a trance, and some people believe that the body is inhabited bya spirit, but that is not so.

“After a long period of exercises, gravitation is overcome because the air, being lighter,saturates the body and makes it buoyant, and then the polarity is reversed. By this means thelung-gom-pa moves at great speed over long distances, over mountains and valleys, withoutfatigue. Fatigue is brought about by the force of gravity when one has to make an effort tomove the body because it is attracted to the earth.

“The lung-gom-pa takes a direct line to his destination, and the speed up the mountainsand across the valleys is not altered. He goes up the mountain as fast as he goes along theplains, and more than one hundred miles can be covered in a day, and one lung-gom-pa whomI know can cover even a greater distance.

“The fact that there are few of us is borne out by the fact that it takes a long time toaccomplish the art---many try but few succeed---because it is perhaps the most difficult of allthe occult Sciences.”

I remarked that it would be most interesting to witness this marvellous feat.

He said: “You are more than fortunate to witness it, and it is because Geshi Rimpoche,whom we reverence, asked that you should be given the opportunity.”

I said: “I have no intention of trying to master this Science, for I have not the time---yousee, my work is healing, but the privilege that I may know how it is done, and am allowed tosee it, will help me in my own work.”

“Then in the morning we will go to our practice ground, which is guarded while weexercise, and there you will be able to witness the lung-gom-pa.”

So the next morning we went down to the secluded valley which was behind anotherrange of smaller mountains, where there was a long flat area. Geshi Malapa had only threechelas. He said that three were enough to teach in one life-time.

I watched the three chelas being instructed how to breathe. They had been practising forthe last ten years Malapa told me.

Three mounds of earth were built up into cones, and the chelas would sit crossed-legged in Buddha fashion. Gradually they would rise off the ground, reach above the cone-shaped mound, and gradually come down upon the top. This was done several times, and thenthey stood on their feet---this was the most difficult part. Gradually they rose off the ground,one foot placed over the other; and by a series of rhythmic bounds, their eyes gazing into thedistance, they moved as if their feet hardly touched the ground, and at a great pace theybounded twenty feet in one step. It was a thrilling experience to witness this (few have seen thelung-gom-pa).

I was then given instruction and I felt as if my body was becoming light...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thank you yellowarse for the information. Very interesting. Guess there are many things in this world that most common people still do not know and is difficult to explain.

Tibetan Buddhism I guess is very different form the rest. They have this colorful ceremony about the end of the world thing I believe done in India by the exiled government, pretty interesting too. Also they have some kind of trance thing too that they practice and no other buddhist sects practice.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tibetan Buddhism I guess is very different form the rest. They have this colorful ceremony about the end of the world thing I believe done in India by the exiled government, pretty interesting too. Also they have some kind of trance thing too that they practice and no other buddhist sects practice.

The Tibetan Buddhists practice tantra, borrowed from the Indian tantra yoga, which involves the practice of meditation, various trance states, visualization techniques, and special rituals.

That said, many Chinese Mahayana (Pure Land and Zen) Buddhists also develop occult powers after years of meditation. It's just that they do not put a lot of emphasis on these siddhis because they're not relevant to the path to Nirvana, enlightenment, but just a by-product of years of spiritual practice.

In fact, there are many 'flying yogis' in the Himalayas who literally soar in the sky from cave to cave, and spend years meditating and perfecting their technique. But they're not enlightened because they've become very attached to these powers, which own them and prevent them from transcending their ego-self.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The Tibetan Buddhists practice tantra, borrowed from the Indian tantra yoga, which involves the practice of meditation, various trance states, visualization techniques, and special rituals.

That said, many Chinese Mahayana (Pure Land and Zen) Buddhists also develop occult powers after years of meditation. It's just that they do not put a lot of emphasis on these siddhis because they're not relevant to the path to Nirvana, enlightenment, but just a by-product of years of spiritual practice.

In fact, there are many 'flying yogis' in the Himalayas who literally soar in the sky from cave to cave, and spend years meditating and perfecting their technique. But they're not enlightened because they've become very attached to these powers, which own them and prevent them from transcending their ego-self.

Wow thanks for the insight. Very interesting. I'll read more cos I'm quite fascinated with these.